Still having problems with Freezing from Update 16

I'm still having a problem. Playing in PC / VR .
I'm not doing any Mission. I am exploring and all of a sudden for no reason it
Go black in VR and the computer screen freezes. But it will reset itself.
So can I continue playing for a little bit before it Does it again. It gives me a report ticket,
and it says your Elite Dangerous 64 inconter. It did not make a difference by moving it from Ultra to High, And even to Low, it still does the same thing. It's something in the game.
Other games work fine.

have you sent out a support request ticket with dxdiag file attached etc https://customersupport.frontier.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360003260740
else I would experiment with older drivers etc
if things where fine b4 update 16 let them know...……
maybe something new added is now pushing your v ram a little to hard so maybe try tweaking the gpu core clock down 50mhz using msi afterburner slider b4 running the game to see if a stability can be found
posting full specs hmd type gfx card an pc and maybe someone using same vr setup combo may advise here if you are very lucky...………
also post in vr section and do try deleting the gpuworktable.xml to make sure something is not stuck in the cache
good luck!
does it work fine on a normal display(vr dis- coed) that may just tell you its purely a gfx card problem and not related to hmd vr which pushes cards to extremes

Last edited:
if a proper ticket submitted and after getting an auto e mail you should get a reply proper with a ticket number?
if that's what the e mail response said then I guess it's case closed till they get back to you then I suppose 🤷‍♂️
a generic reply on news and bullitins is not a support request just to be clear on that all ticketed support requests are handled via e mail not via this forum and not via the bug reporting tool\site either

Last edited:
You don't appear to have any posts in the "News and Bulletins" forum. Are you sure that is what you meant to write?
News & Bulletins is just them talking. You find a related subject, and then at the bottom,
you can write in on the report. Then you will get an auto reply with a ticket number.

Check that your "Display Frame Rate Limit" is not set to OFF.
After the last update mine was and I had randon black VR screens, even though this setting is not related to VR headset display.
Before the update I did have this set to 60Hz which is my monitor refresh rate.

Check that your "Display Frame Rate Limit" is not set to OFF.
After the last update mine was and I had randon black VR screens, even though this setting is not related to VR headset display.
Before the update I did have this set to 60Hz which is my monitor refresh rate.
I'll look in to that. If I remember correctly last time I looked it was in Auto running at 59Hz.
Someone said move it to 50Hz. What's your at ?

News & Bulletins is just them talking. You find a related subject, and then at the bottom,
you can write in on the report. Then you will get an auto reply with a ticket number.

Oh, I suppose that is the new "chat" thing / widget at the bottom of the support page is it?

Top Bottom