Still keeper and food problem

I can't play this way. I don't have food enrichment developed yet, but my zookeepers are not filling trays. I have all the houses into an abundance, which means they can't complain about that. Have tried all the food troughs one at the time and all together. The zookeeper just comes in after being called, cleans some imaginary poo and walks away again. It worked for okapis for once, but than it stopped on my wolves. No way I can build a nice zoo like this.

Sorry, I can't recommend this to my friends, like they asked in Steam. This feeding bug was already in beta, so it seems they didn't fix it. At least it isn't mentioned in the patch notes. Feeding the animals must be not very important :(

My keepers fill neither the food trays nor the enrichment items. :confused:

It worked in my first zoo that I made as a test. But now in my second zoo the keepers do nothing except for cleaning.

I am experiencing this issue as well. My Aldabra Tortoises are starving and the keepers will not fill their food bowls, no matter how much I call them. They enter the habitat, clean up poo or walk around and then leave. I put a keeper hut and staff room right next to the habitat, set up a work zone for just that small area but the food never arrives. I've deleted the food bowls and put new ones, of all sizes - no luck. And by clicking on the food bowls it seems to indicate that they have never been filled at all. Turtles keep on starving, had to move them to the trading facility until I figure out how to fix this.

This doesn't appear to be a issue in the Career.
I've seen them fill up everything in the Monkey Career level.
Even enrichments and normal food trays.

This doesn't appear to be a issue in the Career.
I've seen them fill up everything in the Monkey Career level.
Even enrichments and normal food trays.
2 points about this reply, 1. There's 3 other game modes that people play where it dosn't work so sadly not much of a consolation and 2. I thought this was the case too when I started the panda one as I saw a tray full of food! but when I did the new panda exhibit... Nope, never filled.
Sigh.

2 points about this reply, 1. There's 3 other game modes that people play where it dosn't work so sadly not much of a consolation and 2. I thought this was the case too when I started the panda one as I saw a tray full of food! but when I did the new panda exhibit... Nope, never filled.
Sigh.

1. I never meant this as consolation, I meant this as a observation, more info can lead to better/faster solutions.
2. You debunked my theory of it only being an issue in the other 3 modes, thanks for helping add info to this subject.

It seems to be animal specific. I have an enclosure with American bisons now, and they are fed just fine. I still miss my wolves and my conservation points for them :(
I guess I can continue my zoo, and expect some to die from starvation and others not.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
I stop playing because of this with feeding of animals with no way to keep animals from starving to die. I even try removing the enrichment and still walk in and leave just do their own thing, why animals die from lack of food and I'm playing the Career mode.
How is a blood filled pumpkin a sources of food for my snow leopard instead like a piece of steak.

The amount of empty food trays in my zoo makes me extremely nervous. But it is an interesting challenge when starting a new zoo: Will you manage to research food enrichment before your animals starve to death?

Playing franchise mode. Have no problems with feeding at all. Having a lot of food enrichment, feeders are full. A couple of times hunger dropped to 50%. That's it.
Train your staff (!), have enough and close enough keepers huts, bigger habitats sometimes need two or more keepers. Crowded habitats need more keepers also. If your electricity is down, that would be the reason too.
Tortoises are slow, so you need smaller habitat and scattered feeders+enrichment, they can reach in a few steps.

I have made smaller habits the zoo keeper does the same thing without walk to leave never come back to fill the tray. I also put an area where do the food near habits and just walk past it like not even there and linked.

Simple solution for frontier, make it so the keepers keep all food trays and food enrichment full at all times. If it rots oh well, the keepers can come change it. It's a game, who cares if food gets wasted as long as the animals are not starving to death. We're tired of this issue

Playing franchise mode. Have no problems with feeding at all. Having a lot of food enrichment, feeders are full. A couple of times hunger dropped to 50%. That's it.
Train your staff (!), have enough and close enough keepers huts, bigger habitats sometimes need two or more keepers. Crowded habitats need more keepers also. If your electricity is down, that would be the reason too.
Tortoises are slow, so you need smaller habitat and scattered feeders+enrichment, they can reach in a few steps.

Me neither.

They refill once the animals need food.

I've only encountered this issue just before ending my gameplay last night. I have about 8 habitats and my latest addition, the Grizzly Bear, I recieved the message that they were starving. Didn't get a chance to tweak and see what might cause this, I have plenty of keepers, keeper huts (all in the same workzone as the Grizzly bear habitat) and several workzones throughout my zoo. Could be that the gate is positioned wrong?

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Hi all. If you are encountering issues of animals starving to death as keepers won't fill their feeders at all can you please email community@frontier.co.uk with the subject line 'Zookeeper Issue' and include a description of what is occurring and attach your saved game file.

Top Bottom