Horizons Stranded - Landed, went cold on surface for a save/break - come back everything except thrusters work...

Stranded - Landed, went cold on surface for a save/break - come back everything except thrusters work...

Hi all,

I found a long dead thread about this in space. Suggestions are to self-destruct! Surely someone can help.

Here's the situ:

I did my first planetary landing - couldn't find a base that didn't want to fine me for trespassing on the rocky world I'm on - so I kicked off a little ways, set down and got the SUV out to set up controls and take it for a spin, as you do.

Got back aboard and needed to leave game for the real life for a day or so. Thought it would take too long to head back to a station so I reckoned if I went almost completely cold I'd be fine sitting on the surface.

So I shut down most modules - got head down to about 5% or something. Saved and Quit.

Tonight I come back online - ship is sitting pretty - no issues. Everything comes back online except Thrusters. So I do the reboot - get an ominous message with no further diagnostic...

All modules are online - when I select Thrusters the new dialogue comes up showing [ ] Inactive - and nothing happens. Stays inactive.

Reboot/Repair

Repair Sequence Failed --> Unable to process...

:):):)?

The ship computer reports something I can't quite understand on initiating the diagnostics and reboot sequence:

"Powerplant capacity exceeded"

But then - I got here alright and I have mu power management setup in priority groups - AND I then tried the process with everything else switched off...
Have I frozen the fuel lines or something?

In Modules Thrusters (B4) show Power 34% Priority 1 Health 100%
At the bottom Output power is 100% - Usage is 3% (2)

HUD Shows - Heatsink low power, Chaff low power.

Even with everything on I'm only at 65% capacity...

What gives>?

Any help peeps?

I can afford the insurance but I'd prefer not to blow my ship of course.'

\\'

Last edited:
Try setting some 'typical' powered down configurations (like weapons powered down, other systems online), log out and log in again. Seems like you hit a bug of some sort with the powerplant logic. I think you might be over-thinking the realism...

First (And I'm sorry, it is a stupid question) - Have you tried to thrust up?
Second - try dismissing and recalling your ship.
Third - Dismiss your ship and self-destruct in your SRV. Choose to spawn in your ship in orbit.

trusters cant be make online when landed, trust up and it goes active

This.

Also: shutting down modules before logging out is a Role Playing thing. You know that, right? When you log out your ship is removed from the game, so there is no in-game reason to do this. Further, doing this in populated space is dangerous (more so in space than on planets) because NPCs can find your ship whether you power modules down or not. In fact, NPCs can spawn right on top of you Just Because, and with all your modules offline you will be defenseless (and thanks to Sensors being offline: Blind).

yes yes yes to all the above - thanks to all - glad I waited - testing now.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I'm away.

Feel stupid I didn't try to thrust up.

Sequence was - Drives engaging - drives 50% - then lift off.

Interesting situation - definitely important to know how this stuff works.

And no I didn't realise I couldn't get "discovered" on the world and :):):):):) while I was AFK. So thank you for enlightening me :) Sapient6.

Rep all round Commanders many thanks

yes yes yes to all the above - thanks to all - glad I waited - testing now.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I'm away.

Feel stupid I didn't try to thrust up.

Sequence was - Drives engaging - drives 50% - then lift off.

Interesting situation - definitely important to know how this stuff works.

And no I didn't realise I couldn't get "discovered" on the world and :):):):):) while I was AFK. So thank you for enlightening me :) Sapient6.

Rep all round Commanders many thanks

dont feel stupid , took me a hour and google to figure how to deploy the svr lol :)

Top Bottom