[Stream] Hutton Orbital Live Cam!

Thanks everyone! This is giving me more reason to keep it going for as long as I can! (So long as my kids dont turn off my computer while I'm at work :rolleyes:)

Thanks everyone! This is giving me more reason to keep it going for as long as I can! (So long as my kids dont turn off my computer while I'm at work :rolleyes:)

It was a shame I couldn't get into your instance. Whereabouts in the world are you? Generally, I mean? I'm in Scotland.

It was a shame I couldn't get into your instance. Whereabouts in the world are you? Generally, I mean? I'm in Scotland.

Was just going to post the same thing.

I kind of deliberately took a "kill the pirate lord" mission in Alpha Centauri, last night, fully expecting that the target would be around Eden.
They were, I went, I stopped off at Hutton on the way back to wave at the camera but nobody was around. [sad]

I log in just to give you +rep sir!
Great idea and somehow it gives the feeleing and "immersion" (hah ! :p) of 1980'ies industrial hard sci-fi that ED lacks so much.

Ah, I honestly didnt even think of running out of fuel. thas probably what happened actually.

I don't remember what patch it was (during the past 12 months), FD introduced minimal fuel burn rate.
Prior to this, you were able to shut down everything, watch your canopy frost over, and burn 0 fuel, which was a nice thing for exactly your purpose.
I'd use it while exploring to go afk, so as not to have to shut down the game.

Last edited:
I am in Kansas, U.S. Unfortunaelty from what a few people have told me, instances are based on location of where you are located globally to help with ping. Maybe we can get FD to have instance in Hutton open to all :D

stock up on fuel tanks and we can send regular Hutton patrol missions to fuel you up again!
I will have to get the biggest small ship I can find and load it up with fuel tanks to try and make it last as long as possible!

I am in Kansas, U.S. Unfortunaelty from what a few people have told me, instances are based on location of where you are located globally to help with ping!

Learning all sorts of things in this thread. I guess this explains why I couldn't get instanced with Ed during the XBox Livestream.

This is quite possibly the most pointless thing anyone has ever done in Elite and is to be encouraged.

A+

What it needs is a second window showing your Contacts tab so we can see the names of the CMDRs coming and going :) "Hey Mom I'm on TV!". Great idea mpax.
I've been trying to brain storm a way to do this lately. Honestly I have no idea how I would do it though! As of right now, I dont think there is a good way to do it unless I stream from my ship, but that doesn't look as clean as using the camera suite.

This brings back memories. There were few brave souls that was trying to stream CG for the Mug, in the middle of 2015. It was much busier back than tho.

Maybe someone can setup a CG station camera stream. it could be interesting :).

Top Bottom