Stream Updates Thread

Okay 😂 For 30 secs I felt like it was forbidden to appreciate the Barnyard pack 😐 I mean it certainly wasn't my first choice but I ain't gonna attack people who really wanted a pack like this. And in the end it's still better than nothing.
No, it's not forbidden, just as it's not forbidden to dislike said pack. What is forbidden is to go around trying to pull people down with your own disappointment, which is what the user does every time somebody isn't in agreement or we get a PlanZo DLC (every DLC, by the way)
I don't know, I made it up. Start a poll or something

Doubtful, it is number 1 in the meta-wishlist and quite a unique animal. Some people might not care about it, but I think no one would really question why it is in the pack.
I wouldn't be surprised.
Even though the Secretary bird isn't as wanted personally as the Grey-crowned Crane... I could appreciate the Secretary bird though.
Noone asked for this but: Of the top 20 of SuzieSky's 2024 wishlist I could appreciate:
  • Secretary Bird (it looks cool and is unique in ecology)
  • Spectacled Bear (the most unique bear left and the only SA bear)
  • Geoffroy's Spider Monkey (adds a New World Monkey)
  • Markhor (really pretty and adds to Himalayan hoofstock which the game needs)
  • Hamadryas Baboon (the game objectively could use a baboon)
  • Golden Lion Tamarin (important conservation history and really pretty colors)
  • Patagonian Cavy (would add an unique rodent to an underrepresented area of the globe)
  • Blackbuck (really elegant and adds a tropical antelope to Asia)
  • Great White Pelican (like the baboon a pelican is nice)
  • Ocelot (the New World could use a small cat AND its common in zoos!)
  • Walrus (majestic icon of the Far North)
  • Greater Rhea (wanted since its from SA!)
Yet I'm not too passionate about any of the above...
I'm more passionate about:
  • Coati (they are an unique member of the raccoon family and IMO an icon of Central America)
  • Tree Kangaroo (just because they look adorable and they would be a great complement to the existent Red Kangaroo!)
  • Howler Monkey (my fave of the NWP because they are pretty, they make cool sounds and my parents may have seen one on their trip to Mexico...)
  • Musk Ox (like the Walrus an icon of the Arctic and I think they are beautiful! The way they stand between wolves and their young is endearing.)
  • Grey-crowned Crane (I really like cranes and have seen the an African species IRL!)
  • Echidna (Why not add an unique mammal and the last remaining monotreme????)
Of the top 20 the only one I don't personally see the appeal is the Shoebill. I'd rather get a more typical stork in addition to the shoebill.
Going further down: Pallas' Cat is one I'd love because they are unique small cat that is in biome almost opposite of the Sand Cat! Mandarin Duck (or really ANY Duck) I'd love as a complement to the Swan. Any of the birds besides Shoebill I'd love! Which coming from a mammal lover shows we need more birds. Haha.
Point is: I have strange taste in that I don't love many animals on the wishlist yet I see the appeal in nearly all of them.

Actually horse is eaten in Argentina in some places. I had some; a bit chewier than beef, but not horrible.
But you don't find that here in America
Horse is one of the few animals I don't want to ever eat...
Along with cats and dogs I feel sad about people eating them since they were so closely inolved in history imo.
Rodents and lagomorphs I wouldn't eat either because they have diseases and I know how intelligent they are because I had rat named Roscoe.
Another animal I wouldn't want to eat is Snake. Just because they brought sin into the world in Genesis.
Still that is interesting that horse is chewy!

It's almost like most voters make an account, vote for popular animals without having a second thought and leave forever.
Yeah, most people did that, ever since the wishlist was created. It was a good idea, but a couple years in it got outdated and people still voted on it instead of going to the updated ones; likely they were watching old PZ videos that mentioned the wishlist or had links to it and they didn't bother checking the rest of the forums

Horse is one of the few animals I don't want to ever eat...
Along with cats and dogs I feel sad about people eating them since they were so closely inolved in history imo.
Rodents and lagomorphs I wouldn't eat either because they have diseases and I know how intelligent they are because I had rat named Roscoe.
Another animal I wouldn't want to eat is Snake. Just because they brought sin into the world in Genesis.
Still that is interesting that horse is chewy!
Orrrr you could join me and not eat any of them :) pigs are like dogs imo and don't even get me started on octopus! I'm of that mindset that I wouldn't kill a sentient animal myself, so I don't pay others to kill them for me

Top Bottom