Newcomer / Intro Struggling to get any sort of excitement!

Btw, I'm not a 'modern' gamer. I don't play games. I'm one of the many with nostalgic memories of the original elite.

I played the BBC version a couple of weeks ago. I played 5 hours straight and amassed 1000 credits and upgraded to some decent weapons. It was FUN.

The map allowed you to see routes so you could plan accordingly and trading was straight forward.

I can't help thinking that in ED things have gotten too complicated and the game has lost something. I got bored of trading because you never knew if the system you were visiting would be interested in buying what you had. It was just tedious.

Planning routes is no fun because I worry I'll end up in a 'dead end' and its difficult to see long range to know you are going in the right direction.

I have been playing for many months through Beta and Gamma, and my total systems visited is.........15.... But I have a basic understanding of the politics, the trade interaction, and the equipment and black market stops, and mining locations.
I have made mistakes, made wrong choices, and been caught with stolen or illegal cargo.....Elite has a Learning curve that can be overwhelming, but the more a player understands...the more options become available/possible.
Elite is a game that does need skill to progress though.

Top Bottom