Ship Builds & Load Outs Ships Struggling to understand how best to upgrade my shields (Imperial Courier)

One thing I've struggled with is what configuration I should run with my shields - Currently I have a 3A generator and 2 0A shield boosters, all of which are unupgraded. Before I start grinding mats for anything I just wanted to be sure. I don't know whether to swap to bi-weaves or not, and I don't know which mods go well together. Currently I'm thinking making one of the boosters thermic and one kinetic, and then just reninforcing my generator, but again, I have no idea if this is good or not because so many posts are outdated

I'm also trying to get the most out of my FSD/Thrusters so avoiding too much excess mass is ideal, but I'll sacrifice it if the benefits are good enough.

Try a reinforced bi-weave and two thermic boosters. Thermo block experimental on the shield and super capacitors on the boosters. Should yield relatively balanced resistances and good amount of joules with reasonable recharge time.

Try a reinforced bi-weave and two thermic boosters. Thermo block experimental on the shield and super capacitors on the boosters. Should yield relatively balanced resistances and good amount of joules with reasonable recharge time.

I'll give this a shot, thanks!

The Courier benefits more from a class 2 shield...

2A = 310mj
3A = 340mj (barely worth it)

You could use those spare 3 slots for hull mods or two guardian shield boosters for insane(r) shield strength. 😊

If you want to fly at 851 m/s some day, look for a 2C Biweave with thermal resist + stripped down and a pair of D Shield Boosters with resistance augmented + flow control.

It gives you 290 mj with 50+ resistances, and minimum mass and energy cost (you probably want a downgraded size 3 power plant).

Well, a 2D HRP with G5 lightweight makes no sense. 1D HRP with G5 Heavy Duty and Deep Plating is lighter, provides 25% more hull and 13% more resists across the board.

Top Bottom