Stupid situation in attacked Station

ok, so I'm trying to help repair Liwei Terminal in GD 140, following a Thargoid attack. On the way out in my T9, I try to avoid another ship and get hooked up in the toast rack, earning me a 400 credit fine. Ok, I think. No worries.

I head off to buy repair materials and return. I land and go to pay the fine and...... The authority contact is "redded out". The only other orbital with large pads has also been attacked, so also has no authority contact. Luckily for me, there's a planetary installation with a large pad, so I can go there and get it cancelled, but what if there wasn't? How would I regain the ability to pay the fine and repair the station?

This seems like a bit of an oversight to me. Is strikes me as a bit stupid to levy a fine at a station which can't be paid at said station.

[EDIT]

As a matter of interest, do stations get repaired automatically in time, or is it all down to players?

Last edited:
There are several things daft about the 'repair station' scenarios, that being one of them :)

Good question you ask; as far as I am aware, the stations don't fix themselves, and NPCs don't do it, so it is all down to player grind intervention.

How would I regain the ability to pay the fine and repair the station?
If the faction is present in another system, you could dock at a station there and pay it.

An Interstellar Factors service would allow payment of the fine remotely - present in all low security systems, and at Anarchy-controlled starports, as well as a few other special cases.

You could also sell the ship and buy a new one to clear the fine, but this would be a silly way to solve the problem.

As a matter of interest, do stations get repaired automatically in time, or is it all down to players?
All down to player action.

It has been brought up before ;)

If there is no local large pad you have to visit an interstellar factor which as you suggest is a bit of a chore. Having done thousands of these runs, often in a shieldless T-9 or Cutter I can say you soon learn to be careful ;)

Out of curiosity, are ships under the control of a (un)docking exempt from such fines? It might be worth outfitting if so.

Out of curiosity, are ships under the control of a (un)docking exempt from such fines? It might be worth outfitting if so.

Autodock (and launch) is disabled at damaged stations. Auto launch will happily wait inside the dock or block a pad until you are threatened with ship destruction, I haven't left it long enough to find out if the station actually fires on my ship ;)

Well, some folks wanted player-driven content, so you can blame them.
Not sure that's what they had in mind. To get 2 stations repaired in a non high traffic system will take months. A little npc help might be nice.

I wonder what the last non CG station to be repaired was and how long it took.

On behalf of Operation IDA I feel personally insulted ;)
Dominique Holdings is the last repaired starport. It took IDA 6 days.
And they all pale to The Oracle, which was 10 million tons and really took months.

Deleted member 38366

D
Yeah, I'm docked at one myself and two things can ruin your day :

• getting entangled with another Player on the way in/out (I already learned that some folks fly unshielded Belugas there o.0 )
  • having some of the unpredicable flying SAR NPC Ships hugging the Station entry and getting rammed by them
For anything concerning accidental fines, I'd definitely recommend choosing IF in any nearby Low Sec/Anarchy System.
Otherwise, you run risk getting deported over a benign amount of CR and find yourself between 50-100LY away... just annoying.

PS.
Might make that a profession and join IDA :)

I participated in 1 station repair. After finding out that there is a bug that does not count 15-20% of materials supplied, I decided not to do it again until it is fixed. Nothing more frustrating when you realize you need to grind even more to help with the repair due to bugs.

Took me and a few others about 3 months to fix GQ Virginis, gallium & semi-conductors were the worst with both high demand and variable supply.

At a guess I probably moved half the cargo, mostly in open, mostly in a 792t shieldless Cutter risking a 43mCr rebuy on every trip. I never lost it (lost a few T-9s). I earned about half a billion profit, but I was generally working on the low profit & harder to source items, leaving the easier & more profitable runs (beryllium etc) for anyone I could rope in to help.

I was using a shielded T9 when I helped repair Stafford in Flech. Never had an issue with the T9 and shields are worth the little bit of cargo space you lose, just in case a real cmdr has some ideas. Never worry about NPCs though as their interdiction attempts can always be avoided, even in a T9.

I haul for Operation Ida in my shieldless cutter. I do not fly carefully. I end up with a few rebuys a month for boosting into something inside the station, usually an Adder, and getting blown up.
I'm just as bad. Last rebuy was from messing about with FA off inside the station. Interdictions aren't a problem though, I've taken out NPC pirates whilst carrying 794t. Reactive composite armour and a class 5 heavy duty HRP and MRP seems to be enough. I can definitely recommend getting out of the way for rams though. Submit and boost, boost, boost works well if you don't like the interdiction game.

Top Bottom