Suggestion: Additional Core Internal Module Ideas

As I was having a ball...err...perilously fighting with Thargoids in an AX conflict zone, I was thinking about ideas for the forums to pass the time.
And mentally ignore the yellow tint of my hull readout.
Anyways...suggestions on core internal modules!

Navigation / External Lighting

More for aesthetics than actual gameplay usage, I see this module slot as being an opportunity for FDev to incorporate in-game purchaseable lighting packages. I've always thought it odd that spaceships in Elite have no navigation lights...space being rather dark and all...so, yeah, me want blinky blinks. Various light packages could be...
  • Turret Lights (as suggested many times by explorers)
  • Navigational Lights (Red/Green/White - blinky blinks, yay!)
  • Enforcer Lights (Red/Blue Flashy - Space Cop)
  • Black-Out (More akin to a skin than light package, all light sources on ship are blacked out)
  • Observation Lights (Many points of light shining below and around the ship, most visually impressive on planets or near large objects)

Power Plant Alternatives

Even in the 34th century the green movement is going strong, condemning the usage of reactors in ships as they pollute the...vacuum of space. Anyways, here are some alternatives (which would probably need supporting modules like the fuel scoop for existing reactor):
  • Ship Capacitor: Powered by electricity generated from supporting modules, such as solar sails or charging reactions near specific types of stellar phenomena
  • Self-Replenishing: Cold-Fusion? Cat/Buttered Toast? Who knows? A power plant that refuels itself over time, but in turn has limited functionality
  • Unstable Reactor: More boom for your buck, literally - a reactor with far less integrity but more power output, and explosively dangerous to anyone nearby when it goes boom...

Cockpit Glass

Tired of those cracks showing up at inopportune moments? Wish you could just see outside in glorious 40k? Perhaps different variations on the cockpit glass could serve these needs:
  • Armored: Significantly reduced viewing area (or none) requiring more dependence on sensors in exchange for added armoring to the cockpit
  • Weather-X: For those atmospheric landings on rainy (or snowy) days, Weather-X glass fogs 60% less and repels unwanted hazards from your view!
  • SolarMax: Like to stare deeply into the hottest bodies in our galaxy? SolarMax glass greatly reduces solar glare, handy for sight-seeing or fighting in flare-prone regions.
  • Smart Glass: Add a layer of intelligent feedback to your cockpit glass, automatically highlighting ships and objects of hazard in view and providing realtime feedback on incoming projectiles

Just some random ideas to throw out while dodging caustic missiles. I always like to think up ways to liven up Elite with more choices, even if those choices are more aesthetic or style related than actual advantage/disadvantage related.

Top Bottom