Decent THRUSTERS so they are good FAOFF ships please, in combat, dangerous racing, and graceful flying. No point them looking good if they’re outclassed, the Empire would not stand for this.

So what, you want to invalidate my Mk 1 Imperial ships that I definitely didn't spend time grinding for?

Unfortunately your Mk1 Imperial Ships can be outclassed in combat by any FAOFF pilot by virtue of their absolutely crap thrusters, but they’ll become part of a valuable and exclusive collection if the Mk1’s are discontinued and nobody can get them.

The clipper and courier are both good ships in terms of agility, the problem is the clipper is somewhere between a vulture and a fer de lance in terms of combat capabilities, and the cutter doesn't so much turn as orbit. Let us throw a rake of extra hardpoints on a clipper, say a class for hardpoint top aft centreline fo the fuselage where the carbon bits are at the top) and another pair of medium hardpoints under the nose and give the cutter a class 8 distributor and I'll be a very happy man.

The clipper and courier are both good ships in terms of agility, the problem is the clipper is somewhere between a vulture and a fer de lance in terms of combat capabilities, and the cutter doesn't so much turn as orbit. Let us throw a rake of extra hardpoints on a clipper, say a class for hardpoint top aft centreline fo the fuselage where the carbon bits are at the top) and another pair of medium hardpoints under the nose and give the cutter a class 8 distributor and I'll be a very happy man.
Ok fine, BUT powerful thrusters for FAOFF manoeuvrability.

I mean AND. Like more hardpoints and stuff in the proper places etc. I agree. Just so long as there are better thrusters. Mk2 is overdue IMO.

Look at the crest on my avatars shield, I'm not exactly going to refuse anything that benefits the empire, and I've commented in other threads that I like your attitude, but now you are referring to the empire as "we", I think I'm going to adopt you.

With the exception of the cutter, the gutamaya ships are quite nimble, just a bit underpowered compared to their federal equivalents. First problem is the feds get 4 rank locked ships vs our three, Drop Ship + Assault Ship+ Gun Ship + Corvette vs. Courier + Clipper + Cutter. And their ships are better at combat than ours. The corvette is the king of the Conflict Zone, whereas the cutter could probably be outmanouevred by a farragut battle cruiser, and is hamstrung with its class 7 distributor slot vs the vette and conda's class 8 distributor, but it can stack shields for days. Given the Cutter has class 8 thrusters, and is the only ship to use that module it should be the most agile of the big three, sadly its the least nimble of them.

The courier is a great wee shipa really diverse ly different performance equivalent counterpart to the vulture. But the vulture is a tier below the lowest fed ranked ship, the dropship, which outguns the courier.

The FAS and clipper are roughly balanced against each other, but we need an alternative to the Fed Gunship, Ideally we want a medium class (krait sized) ship with a smushmorgan of guns, ideally on its centreline as you can drive a fer de lance through the convergence gap on a clipper. "Our gunship" would also need the ability do drop a SLF, which the fed gunship can do, but this needn't be a totally new model, I'd settle for a clipper variant with extra hardpoints, bigger distributor and better shield modifier. The vulture makes more shields than a clipper.

I've even got names for two new gutamaya ships lined up, Imperial Corsair and Imperial Carrack, these names stick with the convention of naming the gutamaya ships after sailing ship classes, and these ships (Corsair + Carrack) were littoral combat ships almost exactly what we are looking for the spacefaring equivalent to.

Look at the crest on my avatars shield, I'm not exactly going to refuse anything that benefits the empire, and I've commented in other threads that I like your attitude, but now you are referring to the empire as "we", I think I'm going to adopt you.

With the exception of the cutter, the gutamaya ships are quite nimble, just a bit underpowered compared to their federal equivalents. First problem is the feds get 4 rank locked ships vs our three, Drop Ship + Assault Ship+ Gun Ship + Corvette vs. Courier + Clipper + Cutter. And their ships are better at combat than ours. The corvette is the king of the Conflict Zone, whereas the cutter could probably be outmanouevred by a farragut battle cruiser, and is hamstrung with its class 7 distributor slot vs the vette and conda's class 8 distributor, but it can stack shields for days. Given the Cutter has class 8 thrusters, and is the only ship to use that module it should be the most agile of the big three, sadly its the least nimble of them.

The courier is a great wee shipa really diverse ly different performance equivalent counterpart to the vulture. But the vulture is a tier below the lowest fed ranked ship, the dropship, which outguns the courier.

The FAS and clipper are roughly balanced against each other, but we need an alternative to the Fed Gunship, Ideally we want a medium class (krait sized) ship with a smushmorgan of guns, ideally on its centreline as you can drive a fer de lance through the convergence gap on a clipper. "Our gunship" would also need the ability do drop a SLF, which the fed gunship can do, but this needn't be a totally new model, I'd settle for a clipper variant with extra hardpoints, bigger distributor and better shield modifier. The vulture makes more shields than a clipper.

I've even got names for two new gutamaya ships lined up, Imperial Corsair and Imperial Carrack, these names stick with the convention of naming the gutamaya ships after sailing ship classes, and these ships (Corsair + Carrack) were littoral combat ships almost exactly what we are looking for the spacefaring equivalent to.
Like all your ideas, but also on a practical level, for speed and maneouvreability in combat and for fun FAOFF flying, all the Gutamaya ships need a massive boost to their lateral and vertical thrusters. But I agree they need souped up weaponry etc. And there are ship classes that need filling out to be ready for a serious military conflict.

Do you think they will actually do Mk2 Imperial Ships or are they too busy with Odyssey?

I like that Gutamaya ships fly and feel different than Core Dynamics ships. They should, they're made by different companies for different purposes. Core ships are much much more combat focused. Hard projection of power type stuff, while Gutamaya ships are definitely more multipurpose and meant for different things. I don't wish my type 7 was as nimble as a FDL, that's not what it's for. Now I do wish Gutamaya had a medium ship and that it would be more combat focused buy I don't know if the solution is to change the unique flight characteristics of existing ships. Just my 2 credits worth.

I have put forth numerous suggestions for making variants of imperial ships to plug the gaps over the years and they went nowhere, and there has also been numerous requests for a gutamaya medium pad combat ship which also came to nothing, so I'm kind of resigned to the fact that the imperial ships we have just now are sadly all the imperial ships we will ever get :-(

Having said that, if you want to start a campaign for more combat focussed gutamays ships, I'll "help", as long as we keep our expectations reasonable, and balanced, we might have a chance. But this might work against us, my ideal spec for the clipper mk.II I outlined above might be regarded as some as being overpowered, whereas I think it would be ideal. As feanor said, I don't think e need to change the flight characteristics, except maybe to improve the cutters manouevring, but I don't think adding hardpoints to a clipper would do it's individuality any harm.

There is definitely a gap for a combat focused Imperial ship between the Clipper and Cutter. Being priced around the cr50 m point would be about right for me. Having weapons that are positioned sensibly would be a big win too. As for manoeuvrability I'd obviously like improvements but in my experience the Imperial ships do make excellent frag boats for jousting.

From a lore perspective it could easily be justified by referencing the rise in combat payouts because of piracy/ general security concerns but also as a sign to the fednecks the Empire won't be pushed around.

More ships are always welcome, the more we have the better, even if there is some overlap- such as the Mamba and FDL.

@Bigmaec totally agree, there needs to be a concerted push for the Panther Clipper.

And a medium Imperial fighter to blast the Fednecks, and a Boa, Tiger Trader, Constrictor, Puma, Lion etc etc

But mostly the Panther.... Lord Braben promised!

there is definitely scope for Gutamaya to produce more medium ships including multipurpose and combat, with CD in the process of a buyout i do wonder id Gutamaya would do the same, or even merge or have a joint venture with one of the others

the fine line is making sure the Empire are not combat focused like the Fednecks, I Like that they are the more civilised power compared to the apes so yes to more combat, but not at the expense of style/class

all the Gutamaya ships need a massive boost to their lateral and vertical thrusters.
this is just wrong.
ICourier is the ship with the most forward and backward acceleration of any ships, and its lateral thrusters beats FDL, only eagles, the viper and a DBS have a bit more lateral thrust.
as a courier can fit enhanced performance thrusters in a combat outfit (differently to DBS, viperr) in fact, it is - beside the iEagle and eagle the most agile combat ship.
so - you already got two guatayama ship outclassing everything but an eagle - courier and iEagle.
(it's been a while that i have flown my frag courier, but basically you flow it with lateral thrusters only)

Top Bottom