Suggestion: Please Give Us a Proper TPP Flight Camera View 🛸🚀🛰

TLDR: External cameras like in car racing games so we could see the cosmetics we buy and enjoy a different perspective.

Dear Frontier, I'll try to keep it short and simple. You want to make money by selling cosmetics. I want to buy these cosmetics because I like the game and I want to support you – and I think I'm not alone. I purchased some paints and body kits but more often than not I'm asking myself – what's the point if most of the time I can't even see these.

Almost every car racing game, Forza Horizon, NFS, Dirt Rally, you name it – offers at least a couple cameras to choose from. Usually, it's at least cockpit view and two TPP follow views (close and far). It would be great to have the same flexibility in ED. Sure, it might not work for combat. Perhaps I'd even wonder if it would be fair to have TPP for a PVP combat. But in all other cases it would be AMAZING to be able to change the perspective.

I'm not a game developer so idk, maybe I'm asking for something really impossible but... flying with the already existing camera mode is somewhat possible, just some minimalistic cockpit UI in the four corners of the screen would be needed and off we go. Could be a huge, easy win both for players and Frontier.

I believe PVP combat is why they restricted it in the first place. Being able to see round rocks etc. Something on those lines anyway...

I believe PVP combat is why they restricted it in the first place. Being able to see round rocks etc. Something on those lines anyway...

I understand it (potentially) could be an issue in PVP and even mentioned it in my post above. ED is not a competitive game, but still – I'd respect it. I think however that this could be solved easily in a number of ways. A pretty simple solution would be to make TPP available only in Solo and Private Group. Some more complex solutions might involve auto-switching to FPP when hardpoints deployed.

Potentially yes, I agree. You can fly in tpp now though, even combat if you really want to... but it's a pretty big disadvantage, and not all down to not seeing your HUD or instruments, though that is a biggie.

Top Bottom