[Suggestion] Salvaged Items that could create missions

Here is a list of the salvaged items that I feel could trigger missions when you scoop them-in order of how likely I believe they are to be able to generate logical missions. I will try and also give an example of a kind of mission the salvage could create.

1) Occupied Escape Pod-post 2.2, having any kind of passenger berth would allow you to legally collect these, & at the very least the occupant would ask you to deliver them safely to <Station Name>. However, they might also first ask you to take a detour to pick some other salvage up for them, or to take revenge on the people who left him/her in that state.

2) Black Box-the most likely mission might be that it gives you a clue to the location of a salvage mission (see Occupied Escape Pod, above), or else could drop you a clue leading you to a hostage rescue mission.

3) Rebel Transmissions-the simplest mission could be to return the transmissions to the faction that created them. Alternatively, you might get a tip off to the location of something important to the rebels-maybe an enemy facility they want attacked, or a cache of weapons/medicines, or maybe a VIP that you need to rescue. Alternatively, the transmissions might be useful in the hands of the enemies of said rebels-& could lead to a follow up mission to take out a rebel facility.

4) Encrypted Data Storage-sort of similar to Rebel Transmissions, especially in that it could be of value to multiple factions. Alternatively, you could get the option to de-crypt the data, which could lead to a valuable tip-off of some kind.

5) Prototype Tech-Picking this up should make you a target of competing factions-some of whom might get you to relinquish it by force. However, you the commander will have the choice to return the item to the faction it belongs to......or one of their chief rivals.

6) Ancient Artifact-Picking up this item could give the player a tip off to the location from whence the item originally came. This could lead you to a ship-or even abandoned colony-of pre-Hyperdrive (or very early hyperdrive) colonists......sort of a Mary Celeste kind of situation. At the very least, this discovery would earn you exploration points.

7) Trade Data-Picking this up might not give you a mission, but might give you a tip off as to where to buy and sell goods for the biggest profits-for the next 24 hours. Alternatively, various factions might request that you deliver the data to them safely, for a reward.

Anyway, just some thoughts. Does anybody else have any other suggestions?

Excellent ideas.

I would say they could easily extend to SRV salvage.

1) SRV scans a Personal Data Beacon in wreckage (rare), and generates a mission where you can go to a specified station and hand in the mission to a faction there for a reward, reporting the location of the wreck site to them.

2) SRV discovers a POI with canisters (Tea?), which when collected may create a mission in which that cargo becomes haulage with a reward (maybe more than the value of the canister) if returned to a specific station.

3) SRV discovers and scans a Public or Private Data Point POI. Instead of just creating a Data Package for Federation/Empire/Alliance superpowers, a mission could be created in which a minor faction will pay for delivery of the Data Package to their specific station.

4) SRV discovers and scans a Public or Private Data Point POI. A data stream is decoded which gives coordinates (same as surface salvage missions localizing) on the planet where a stash of valuable canisters is hidden. CMDR can choose to plunder, or not.

5) SRV discovers POI with Occupied Escape Pods, and generates a mission to take the occupant to a specific station for reward.

Excellent ideas.

I would say they could easily extend to SRV salvage.

1) SRV scans a Personal Data Beacon in wreckage (rare), and generates a mission where you can go to a specified station and hand in the mission to a faction there for a reward, reporting the location of the wreck site to them.

2) SRV discovers a POI with canisters (Tea?), which when collected may create a mission in which that cargo becomes haulage with a reward (maybe more than the value of the canister) if returned to a specific station.

3) SRV discovers and scans a Public or Private Data Point POI. Instead of just creating a Data Package for Federation/Empire/Alliance superpowers, a mission could be created in which a minor faction will pay for delivery of the Data Package to their specific station.

4) SRV discovers and scans a Public or Private Data Point POI. A data stream is decoded which gives coordinates (same as surface salvage missions localizing) on the planet where a stash of valuable canisters is hidden. CMDR can choose to plunder, or not.

5) SRV discovers POI with Occupied Escape Pods, and generates a mission to take the occupant to a specific station for reward.

Great minds think alike, it seems ;). I have made similar suggestions about SRV's in the past. Settlements that lack landing facilities-whether they're persistent or a PoI-should be able to offer missions to the commander when they are scanned in some way (maybe connected to what kind of settlement they are).

Those intel packages you collect from settlements definitely should lead to missions from the faction that you handed the Intel over to (it is "Intelligence" after all ;) ).

I have also previously suggested that those Private Data Beacons should be a source of missions.....and scanning NPC ships should also sometimes yield missions.

Top Bottom