Suggestions for Improvements & Additions

Hello,

I am back to float some ideas for some improvements and new coaster types I feel should be added into Planet Coaster.

First off, the improvements:
  • Porting the custom catwalk system used with the Copperhead Strike coaster to all of the steel coaster types, and both hybrid coaster types.
  • A support system overhaul to allow players to choose what kind of supports they want for each section of track. For example, choosing between centered arch supports (like on the Single Rail coaster), angled supports (like on the F25 and Rage coasters), or classic box-frame supports (like on the Invincible and Anubus coaster types).
  • More Interchangeable Ride Vehicles on coasters. In general I want an expanded list of interchangable vehicles for most coasters, including types that do not have this option yet. (SLV, Vector, and especially the Torque coaster types are the primary offenders) I know that some visual clipping will occur with certain vehicles on certain coaster types, but there is already a warning about it in the Game Options menu, and therefore it would be fine to expand the interchangeable coaster car list.
  • Fixes to the Vector and Infinite coaster types. The Vector needs magnetic trim brakes added, and the Infinite coaster's normal brakes have drive tires, as if they were block brakes.
Now on to the coaster additions. All coasters would support interchangeable ride vehicles for both putting other cars on their tracks and putting their trains on other track types. Here are my ideas:
  • An S&S Sansei Air-Launch Coaster, similar to Maxx Force and the Bullet Coaster/Extreme Rusher coasters in China. A chain lift should also be included so that coasters similar to Steel Curtain at Kennywood can be made. Featuring two train types, one with a single row of 4 seats per car, and one with 2 rows of 2 seats. Both types would use lap bars only.
  • A Vekoma Bermuda Blitz/Hyper Space Warp/Firestorm coaster. Another highly versatile coaster type featuring chain lifts and LSM launches, with either lap-bars or shoulder harnesses on the trains.
  • A Non-Spinning Steel Wild Mouse coaster- a surprisingly popular coaster type in small and medium parks, with some also present in larger parks.
  • A Mini Coaster, designed after the coaster type from Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. The goal would be to bridge the gap between larger coaster types like the wooden and inverting coasters, and the smaller junior coasters. It would use a chain lift system that can use curves (similar to the Anubis coaster) and feature three train types:
    • Taxi-themed, single-car trains similar to those on a Schwarzkopf Wildcat.
    • Toboggan or Race Car themed trains design after the trains used on Schwarzkopf Jet Stars and Zierer Flitzers, with 1 to 4 cars per train.
    • Multi-car trains designed after the E&F Miler's Hi-Miler coaster trains, used on the now-defunct Scandia Screamer and Star Jet coasters, as well as Fun Spot America Atlanta's Scream'n Eagle coaster.
I hope everyone at Frontier reading this considers some of the suggestions I've made for future patches and content updates. The More Interchangeable Ride Vehicles change is the improvement I consider the highest of priority, so I hope you'll consider it.

Last edited:
Hi again,

I decided to repost my suggestions for improvements to the coasters in the game, with some tweaks and new ideas.
  • Porting the custom catwalk system used with the Copperhead Strike coaster to all of the steel coaster types, and both hybrid coaster types. Players would be able to choose whether to put catwalks on the right or left sides, or optionally both sides, of the coaster track for a particular section. For existing coasters built prior to this change, they would be ported over to the new system seamlessly.
  • A support system overhaul to allow players to choose what kind of supports they want for each section of track on steel roller coasters. For example, choosing between centered arch supports (like on the Single Rail coaster), angled supports (like on the F25 and Rage coasters), or the box-frame supports (like on the Invincible and Anubus coaster types). Most styles of steel coaster supports would be available to choose from. Again, existing coasters will be ported over to this new system seamlessly.
  • More Interchangeable Ride Vehicles on coasters. Some coaster vehicles can't be selected on certain track types they should fit on, and some coaster types themselves do not support interchangeable vehicles. The SLV, Vector, and Torque coaster types are the primary offenders of this. I know that some visual clipping will occur with certain vehicles on certain coaster types, but there is already a warning about it in the Game Options menu, so it should be fine.
  • Fixes to the Vector and Infinite coaster types. The Vector lacks magnetic trim brakes, which limits versatility. The Infinite coaster's normal brakes have the same mesh as block brakes, resulting in drive tires on sections where they shouldn't appear at.
I hope these changes are implemented in one way or another in a near-future update!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Hello,

Please do not repost content on the Frontier Forums. You can reply to your original thread (this one) if you have more suggestions about the same topics, or if you want to add tweaks and new ideas.

I have copied your new post to this thread.

Other threads with the same or very similar content may be deleted as duplicates.

Thanks for understanding, and thank you for posting your suggestions on the forums! :)

Top Bottom