Summer 2024 DLC Speculation

Honestly the only thing that makes me think there could be more dlc coming is the seasons pass. I don’t know how long they plan on selling it for console, but if making more dlc boosts PC sales, Season Pass sales, and Console sales I can see them continuing them. It just feels weird to have, like 2 seasons passes and that’s it?

Granted, that is assuming a lot. I also wouldn’t look into it too much.

Well now it is even more confusing! Here’s a weird question, do their local zoos in the UK have a low amount of birds and monkeys? Could that explain it? Or is it a general popularity/ game design issue?
No, one of the relatively local zoos has like 2 dozen primates and lots of the zoos have plenty of birds

Yeah, I feel the same, any rabbit/hare would do, I just thought the arctic one could be cool having all the variations and I feel like the half winter and half summer (brown with fluffy white feet) is just the cutest XD
I just take any that fits into a pack the best.
If we were to get a polar pack in the future gimme arctic hare.
If we get another take at deserts jackrabbit would be cool.

Although i gotta say i think Barnyard was kinda our best and likely only real chance at a lagomorph

Last edited:
A very diverse birds pack
  • American flamingo
  • Chilean flamingo
  • Lesser flamingo
  • Andean flamingo
  • James's flamingo
  • Plastic flamingo scenery set
I’m looking back a bit, and I still stand by the idea of mini packs 100%

For like $3-4 get a handful of flamingos. Yeah a major dlc being based on flamingos only would be silly, but get 3-5 flamingos for a significantly lower cost? Frontier no longer has to do major free updates either?

I would love to have more options for my flamingos, and monkeys, and rodents, and Asian deer etc.
I think it would be a great idea, it would also help lower production cost because Frontier can just focus on the same “animal” one at a time.

London Zoo Map - https://www.londonzoo.org/whats-here/london-zoo-map
Their map appears to have areas PZ has covered quite well so far. Apart from the Wildlife Garden area which appears to have some sort of aviary and a parrot ( or similar) as the display animal.

Colchester Zoo Map - https://www.colchester-zoo.com/discover/zoo-map/
A few familiar names here but many that I don't see in PZ.

These are the only zoos I have been to in the UK. I only went to Colchester once as a child for a school trip - only memorable thing for me there was the zeedonk.
London Zoo I last went to probably more than 20 years ago when I took my younger brothers there.

Their map appears to have areas PZ has covered quite well so far. Apart from the Wildlife Garden area which appears to have some sort of aviary and a parrot ( or similar) as the display animał
What about:
  • Blackburn Aviary
  • In with the monkeys
  • Bird safari
  • Monkey valley
  • Rainforest life (SA animals, many monkeys)
  • Single monkey/bird exhibits
Damn it. Only monkeys and birds 🤡
It looks like wildlife garden is small area with native small fauna, bee hives and trees. PZ got it covered.

My theory is that, based on the double pack dlcs they are doing on the console, maybe they are trying to bring them up to speed and then start bringing out packs for both platforms. Based on that theory, I'm willing to accept a pause on the dlc every season cycle as long as we still get at least the anniversary animal and then back to the original dlc cycle or a revised one going forward for console and pc once the console dlc collection has caught up

Deluxe Upgrade PackDLC
Arctic Pack
South America Pack
Australia Pack
Aquatic PackBundled with Twilight
South East Asia Animal Pack
Africa PackBundled with Grasslands
North America Animal PackBundled with Europe
Europe PackBundled with North America

Wetlands Animal Pack
Conservation Pack
Twilight PackBundled with Aquatic
Grasslands Animal PackBundled with Africa
Tropical Pack
Arid Animal Pack
Oceania Pack
Eurasia Animal Pack
Barnyard Animal Pack

As you can see they still have a ways to go before they've 'caught up'. 11 DLCs to go ( unless I missed some ) , maybe in 4 or 5 bundles.
Well, we already know that the season pass will be completed in March and will include 14 DLC (so Barnyard pack likely won't be part of it). There were 16 at console's announcement but you deduct Wetlands and Southeast Asia because these were released as part of the Deluxe Upgrade.

They've released 6 thus far so they have 8 more. If they follow the pattern of releasing one every other month they'll drop in September, November, January, and March. So it's really not that long to go in the grand scheme of things...

My current thinking is that the next pack will be the last and it will be slightly bigger than usual (following Frontier's general trend). Maybe with 9-12 habitat animals and 2-3 exhibit species plus some scenery items. That way they will be able to say the combo pack has 15-20+ species and 100+ pieces of scenery to justify a higher price point for the bigger bundle when it releases on console (and May would make sense for that; end of FY25).

The thing that leaves the biggest doubt in my mind about more packs coming is that they have a new creative sim game that'll be announced soon, probably releasing this holiday season... And at that point they will also be developing the next Jurassic World game too. Which means resourcing will be super tight.

Honestly the only thing that makes me think there could be more dlc coming is the seasons pass. I don’t know how long they plan on selling it for console, but if making more dlc boosts PC sales, Season Pass sales, and Console sales I can see them continuing them. It just feels weird to have, like 2 seasons passes and that’s it?

Granted, that is assuming a lot. I also wouldn’t look into it too much.
I mean, they could just do the one season pass and then have a bundle at the end. It doesn't seem that weird to me. "Season pass" is kinda just the industry term for getting a whole bunch of stuff for a single fee during a specific time window.

Console selling extraordinarily well and massively exceeding expectations is maybe the only thing that I could see potentially turning the DLC development faucet back on. But I think console would have to be doing like, truly epic numbers for that and I'm not sure that it will reach that point.

Continuing with the "selfish 8 animals" this time without the birds
(plenty of my more priority selfish animals are already in the game so of course I go with what is not yet)

View attachment 396041 Kiang
View attachment 396042 Ethiopian wolf
View attachment 396044 Arctic hare
View attachment 396045 Waterbuck
View attachment 396046 Tufted deer

View attachment 396049 Roe deer
View attachment 396057 Konik
View attachment 396058 Quagga

- As an animal update I'd like to get
View attachment 396059 fluffy version of Dhole
View attachment 396060 remaster of Reindeer antlers into the typical big U shape size HE DESERVES

Any of these in your personal Wishlist? :)
or all a big NO NO? :D
I would buy it in a heartbeat. :)
I wanted Asiatic wild donkey before we got the "boring" Somali... Ethiopian wolf would add an additional canid to the deeper parts of Africa. ANY Lagomorph is a top want of my own. Waterbuck I think I have listed in wish lists before... IF I haven't listed tufted deer or roe deer I would now. And the equids are cool.

My selfish 8 animal pack: Around the World
  • Bat-eared Fox (Africa)
  • Patagonian Cavy (SA)
  • Wild Turkey (NA)
  • European Rabbit (Europe)
  • Serow (Asia)
  • Tree Kangaroo (Oceania)
  • Rockhopper Penguin (Antarctic)
  • Chameleon (E)
IF a safari pack doesn't include a bat-eared fox or other dog-like animal (with the exception of Brown Hyena...) I quit PZ. JK The LAST thing we need right now is doglike animals... :( as much as I want to think otherwise.
At the end of the day I hope for additional color morphs in the free update.
  • African wild dogs should be more variable in their patterns than they are!
  • Dhole could have piebaldism sort of.
  • Melanistic Maned Wolf.
  • Melanistic Zebra AND/OR maybe a quagga type zebra
  • Spotless Giraffe
  • White Binturong
  • Stone Sheep
  • Melanistic Asian Tapir
  • Piebald Moose
  • Leucistic Chimp
  • Leucistic Hyena would be cool
  • etc. etc. etc.

Well, we already know that the season pass will be completed in March and will include 14 DLC (so Barnyard pack likely won't be part of it). There were 16 at console's announcement but you deduct Wetlands and Southeast Asia because these were released as part of the Deluxe Upgrade.
Thanks, I thought there were some included in that Deluxe Upgrade.
The thing that leaves the biggest doubt in my mind about more packs coming is that they have a new creative sim game that'll be announced soon, probably releasing this holiday season... And at that point they will also be developing the next Jurassic World game too. Which means resourcing will be super tight.
Yeah, that would be my understanding as well. Especially if they can't spread the team across too many projects. Assuming, the teams are per project and not per skillset working across the projects.

Thanks, I thought there were some included in that Deluxe Upgrade.

Yeah, that would be my understanding as well. Especially if they can't spread the team across too many projects. Assuming, the teams are per project and not per skillset working across the projects.
I always forget that Wetlands and SEA were part of the Deluxe Upgrade too. :ROFLMAO:

I'd imagine spreading teams across projects could be feasible to a degree but may have limits. Like, the scenery between Planet Zoo and Planet Coaster is essentially the same style. So I can see there being overlap there (and, TBH, I've speculated that we might see some of the most "theme park-y" Planet Zoo pieces pop-up in PlanCo2 somehow). But just because somebody is great at modeling dinosaurs doesn't mean they'd also be able to do a good looking walrus. You could ask that person to do it but the quality might not be great and it would probably take longer, be inefficient, etc.

And I'm sure there's a similar issue with coding/programming too but I'm not smart enough to highlight what those might be. Haha.

My general thought is that they're going to get Planet Zoo out of the way before the next CSM game is released. Because, let's not forget, that in addition to the game itself? They'll also be doing regular DLCs for the new games too!

Last edited:
For my Hella selfish animal pack my animal choices would be:

• Walrus
  • Geoffrey's Spider Monkey
  • Golden Snub Nosed Monkey
  • Black Howler Monkey
  • American Black Bear
  • Southern Rockhopper Penguin
  • South American sea lion
  • Chinese Salamander [E]

i am a wizard from 2039
this will be the following packs in order: