Summer 2024 DLC Speculation

100 % agree! Who knows, we could even get an exhibit animal pack! If we should have learnt something is not to take anything for granted.
Please don't break my heart (and sanity) again.

Anyway i'm leaning towards a Planet Zoo Animals Pack type of thing. Animal pack + scenery or just 10-12 animals.

But i don't think there is a selection of animals i would 100% satisfied with since half of My top 10 most wanted are from South América and i doubt we'll get more than two animals from that región. Coati and monkey being my bets.

Now that we know the next pack is an animal pack I am definitely wanting Latin America.
My dream pack would probably have:
1. Spider Monkey
2. Golden Lion Tamarin
3. South American Coati
4. Southern Tamandua
5. Patagonian Mara
6. Greater Rhea
7. Roseate Spoonbill

But I really don’t expect that:
1. Howler Monkey
2. South American Coati
3. Greater Rhea
4. Ocelot
5. Spectacled Bear
6. Guanaco
7. Lowland Tapir

Unpopular opinion : I would really prefer an "Around the World" pack to a Latin America pack for the last pack. Would be the best ending. (Give me my coati though).
Me neither tbh. Yes i want pelican and duck and things like grey crowned crane and blackbuck and Palla's cat, but my most wanted animals are from SA at this point. The rest would be just nice treats.

Ok i Will be a bit cynic here (yes even more) but do You guys think is possible that they decided to do another pack after the bad reaction they got for this pack as the last DLC? Or was that ever the plan and they just needed more time to work on a bunch of more difficult to animate and design animals like monkeys, secretary, coati, etc SO the pushed it to the end of the year and just put together a "quick" pack to reléase in the middle of it?

Ok i Will be a bit cynic here (yes even more) but do You guys think is possible that they decided to do another pack after the bad reaction they got for this pack as the last DLC? Or was that ever the plan and they just needed more time to work on a bunch of more difficult to animate and design animals like monkeys, secretary, coati, etc SO the pushed it to the end of the year and just put together a "quick" pack to reléase in the middle of it?
Nah the reaction made no difference im quiet certain on that. Pretty sure you cant just deceive such big decisions on a whim

Or was that ever the plan and they just needed more time to work on a bunch of more difficult to animate and design animals like monkeys, secretary, coati, etc SO the pushed it to the end of the year and just put together a "quick" pack to reléase in the middle of it?
I'm leaning towards this. I'm pretty sure it takes more than 3 months to make DLCs, and I believe it's been stayed before that they plan future packs prior to releasing the previous pack

I'm really struggling to think of any theme that would justify 200+ pieces, have some of the more standard "scenery" items (e.g., wall/roof set), and would have broad appeal though. There's plenty of scenery gaps but nothing that feels essential as far as a region-focused DLC is concerned. And, again, I'm focused on broad appeal here. What would the most amount of players from all over the world want? I'd love a Rustic New England Scenery Set because it would help me and my builds but... That's not a fair request, y'know? :ROFLMAO:

So what I'm kinda hoping for is a general worldwide animal pack with, say, anywhere from 8-12 species in total. Probably skewing more toward LA/SA than any other region but with at least half the pack for other animals worldwide. And... "It's not just the animals that are going worldwide! This new pack will give you access to 60+ scenery items to decorate and theme your zoos wherever your zoo might be!" I'm thinking pretty general here. And pieces that might already add onto existing content, or that may have been scrapped from earlier packs. More temple rubble. Those long-lost Southeast Asia Animal Pack signs. Hotwire. A few pieces of new foliage. A new editable sign or two. New mesh pieces. Parking lot lines. New railings. Simple things that don't hinge on cultural research and are pretty consistent worldwide.

And for the free update? Maybe a scenario editor. Those binocular things so that guests can see animals better from afar. Flexicolor versions of existing content. Scaling is my dream here but I've given up on that one at this point. Hah.

I'm really struggling to think of any theme that would justify 200+ pieces, have some of the more standard "scenery" items (e.g., wall/roof set), and would have broad appeal though. There's plenty of scenery gaps but nothing that feels essential as far as a region-focused DLC is concerned. And, again, I'm focused on broad appeal here. What would the most amount of players from all over the world want? I'd love a Rustic New England Scenery Set because it would help me and my builds but... That's not a fair request, y'know? :ROFLMAO:

So what I'm kinda hoping for is a general worldwide animal pack with, say, anywhere from 8-12 species in total. Probably skewing more toward LA/SA than any other region but with at least half the pack for other animals worldwide. And... "It's not just the animals that are going worldwide! This new pack will give you access to 60+ scenery items to decorate and theme your zoos wherever your zoo might be!" I'm thinking pretty general here. And pieces that might already add onto existing content, or that may have been scrapped from earlier packs. More temple rubble. Those long-lost Southeast Asia Animal Pack signs. Hotwire. A few pieces of new foliage. A new editable sign or two. New mesh pieces. Parking lot lines. New railings. Simple things that don't hinge on cultural research and are pretty consistent worldwide.

And for the free update? Maybe a scenario editor. Those binocular things so that guests can see animals better from afar. Flexicolor versions of existing content. Scaling is my dream here but I've given up on that one at this point. Hah.
Would love this. 12 + anniversary animal. Makes 200 total right? And everyone is happy. Well except for the Aquarium and aviary people.

Works most likely already begun on the next regardless what like 20 percent of the playerbase thinks of domestics. I highly doubt in the timeframe of a day or 2 persuaded frontier to make another because the forum thinks it's a bad pack. People asked the same with arid pack saying frontier should rethink on doing so many ungulates because of the bad press.

Last edited:
I think they knew that some wouldn’t like the domestics pack, but they planned it anyway because lots of people did want it and whether people argue it or not, petting zoos are a part of many many zoos so they do deserve a pack. Seeing how this pack doesn’t have any new rigs and probably uses a lot of the same animations as other animals, this feels like kind of a filler to buy them time for the grand finale, giving almost everyone at least 1 animal they want. The community just needs to get past this obstacle of a pack to get the good stuff.

They plan out packs well in advance so I think it's far more likely that they just need more time with this one. We know from early leaks that they start developing the next pack before the next one is even announced (e.g., the bear from the SEA pack leaked the fall before it was released).

So it's not that. And TBH, I think the reception to this pack is pretty positive on the whole outside of the forums.

But I do think the reason they said something today was because for the last few months the topic of "final DLC" has kept coming up. And in watching all of the videos by content creators yesterday after the announcement they all just seemed really confused as to what may or may not be coming next. So I think the community reaction to the pack and just where the game was at in general is why they said explicitly that there's another pack coming.

And telling us what type of pack was key too, I think, especially given the concerns people had. Even people who were positive about the pack were seeming bummed that animals X, Y, and Z were likely not on the table. So I think saying that will make people more positive about the present pack and continue the hype for the game and its future. Which seemed to work really nicely, I have to say! LOL

Unpopular opinion : I would really prefer an "Around the World" pack to a Latin America pack for the last pack. Would be the best ending. (Give me my coati though).
I don't think it's that unpopular actually... getting something that more or less amounts to a South America 2 pack is something a lot of people aren't really fans of... personally, I'd sooner go with a Western Hemisphere/New World/America's pack...

Ok consiracy theory time: Maybe the barnyard animal pack is on the simple size as far as animals go so the next pack can have some more new rig/high effort animals.
Like alot of the requested animals for either a latin america pack or around the world are not really on the simple side of things like most monkeys, treeroo and so on
Doesn't the feature heavy update balance out the simple lineup of animals though? I can't imagine animals encounters with at least a dozen animals is as easy as previous update features.

I think they knew that some wouldn’t like the domestics pack, but they planned it anyway because lots of people did want it and whether people argue it or not, petting zoos are a part of many many zoos so they do deserve a pack. Seeing how this pack doesn’t have any new rigs and probably uses a lot of the same animations as other animals, this feels like kind of a filler to buy them time for the grand finale, giving almost everyone at least 1 animal they want. The community just needs to get past this obstacle of a pack to get the good stuff.
What's interesting about this pack is that everybody can pretty much unanimously agree that they wanted the features and a lot of these scenery items. Like, nobody's saying it's a "bad pack" (or rather, most people aren't haha) so much as they just... Were sad that they wouldn't get the (insert animal here).

And by that same token, though... If you wanted a petting zoo? What did you expect they'd do? I bet a lot of these same people would have been really angry (and/or potentially a different set of people upset) if they added the petting zoo feature along with another DLC theme (let's say, Latin America) but didn't add any of the farm props or whatever. Then you'd get a different set of people clamoring for barnyard animals because the feature was there.

From what we've seen so far, breed choices aside, I think this pack is going to age really well. The scenery items all look bang-on, the features work really well with the animals, and it all ties together with a new feature that is very likely to inspire not just new habitats but entire new sections of certain zoos (and even new zoo types TBH). And letting us know there's another animal pack coming was 100% the right move because it takes away the rationale behind like, 97% of the negativity.

Doesn't the feature heavy update balance out the simple lineup of animals though? I can't imagine animals encounters with at least a dozen animals is as easy as previous update features.
Yeah but i kinda wanna argue that there are probably dedicated people for working on the animals, some for the scenery and some for gameplay stuff.

Top Bottom