Summer 2024 DLC Speculation

We have three monitor lizards as habitat animals why would the perentie or any other Oceanian monitor be any different?
I've heard the in-game Nile and Asian water monitors don't climb, so something more arboreal like a Lace monitor could be different enough behaviour wise, or at the very least it could be another that doesn't swim.

There's desires flying around like Eurasian brown bear, partially because there's no bears for Europe (I thought Syrian brown bear might be talked about, but is only just outside of Europe, being in Turkey), so just being Australian is going to be enough for some.

Well that puts some plausibility into the PlancoDictionary, being our source.

I just wouldn’t put too much stake into it, unless this means I am also getting my duck. In which case I believe the copium.

So lets say we are getting the Hamadryas, Secretary and the Tree Roo in the next pack - then the next pack is both:
  • the last one
  • a general global pack
Cause these 3 creatures have nothing in common, other than maybe the temperature of where they live, but I doubt a "hot" pack. With all 3 on the peak of the meta wishlist, I think people are right that this pack is going to address the top of the meta wishlist animals crossing off a few from there (these 3 + coati and maybe monkey) along with a couple "frontier" picks, so in other words animals no one asked for.

Honestly if we get these 3 in the next pack I don't care what the rest is, the Baboon is there, and that's all that matters to me. And even if this dictionary stuff is nonsense these 3 still have a pretty good chance of happening, all of them need quite a bit of work in either fur textures (I doubt they can get away with the matted fur for the baboon on this one lol), walking poses / animations (secretary) and general constructability (tree roo), would explain the lack of "high effort" animals in this current pack, to get ready for the next one at the end of June. I'm sure they're saving themselves time to work on what a lot of people do for sure want, the meta wishlist animals.

So lets say we are getting the Hamadryas, Secretary and the Tree Roo in the next pack - then the next pack is both:
  • gonna be the last one
  • be a general global pack
Cause these 3 creatures have nothing in common, other than maybe the temperature of where they live, but I doubt a "hot" pack. With all 3 on the peak of the meta wishlist, I think people are right that this pack is going to address the top of the meta wishlist animals crossing off a few from there (these 3 + coati and maybe monkey) along with a couple "frontier" picks, so in other words animals no one asked for.

Honestly if we get these 3 in the next pack I don't care what the rest is, the Baboon is there, and that's all that matters to me. And even if this dictionary stuff is nonsense these 3 still have a pretty good chance of happening, all of them need quite a bit of work in either fur textures (I doubt they can get away with the matted fur for the baboon on this one lol), walking poses / animations (secretary) and general constructability (tree roo), would explain the lack of "high effort" animals in this current pack, to get ready for the next one at the end of June.
These animals can/ do live in trees, so maybe a treetops pack? It would help for more birds and monkeys, maybe even add some fixes to climbing in the free update.

These animals can/ do live in trees, so maybe a treetops pack? It would help for more birds and monkeys, maybe even add some fixes to climbing in the free update.
I mean I guess but Secretary and Baboon don't regularly live in trees, Secretaries more just use them for nesting and perching, and baboons just use them to sleep, when awake they are on cliffy environments. It'll look super awkward just having them perched in trees in all the advertisements lol. An arboreal pack has to have species that spend a lot of time in trees and that are active in them - tree roo, aye aye, braz. porcupine, etc. Plus we've never had 3 meta wishlist animals in a pack before or at least not anytime recently - this to me screams global final pack.

I don’t think civet or impala really bear mentioning in the current discussion - they existed in the dictionary before this update (although interestingly, aren’t present in the super old console Coaster dictionary), so it seems clear that they’re unrelated to this current “batch” of whatever’s going on. It’s possible they were also scrapped ideas from years past (as in, predating the Wetlands DLC).

Goodfellow also keeps tripping me up because it feels like such an outlier - you don’t see Baird, or Malayan or Sulawesi or a lot of the proper noun descriptions for our species. but then again there is Howe and all of the breeds for the new domestics so idk. I’m going to keep ruminating on this.
Malayan and sulawesi are in fact in the dictionary almost every single word used in planet zoo is in it.
Impala is still worth mentioning in this discussion as it is a symbol that just because the names appear doesnt mean they are necessarily coming at all or in the next pack. given just how well known the impala it is likely that it was intended to enter the game earlier and was instead replaced with another african antelope like the springbok, thomsons or dama gazelle. Also the whole idea of removing what doesnt make it in
Honestly the fact those words were added seemingly recently and then removed when we started talking about them helps the case that it has some legitamecy to it to be honest. I can't see why they would add these words in the first place out of nowhere and then remove them when people started talking about it.
None of them have been removed people just forget the capital letters

Lol in what context they use "seduce" in planet games?
It is probably used in one of the zoopedia descriptions alot of that info was also translated its my theory as to why mammoth is in there.

I mean I guess but Secretary and Baboon don't regularly live in trees, Secretaries more just use them for nesting and perching, and baboons just use them to sleep, when awake they are on cliffy environments. It'll look super awkward just having them perched in trees in all the advertisements lol. An arboreal pack has to have species that spend a lot of time in trees and that are active in them - tree roo, aye aye, braz. porcupine, etc. Plus we've never had 3 meta wishlist animals in a pack before or at least not anytime recently - this to me screams global final pack.
True, but I bet with a good enough of a roster the pack name is all semantics at that point. In the past I found frontier might keep some of the names/ theming/ animals/ pieces loose enough to work.

Also yall are reading into the dictionary too hard the animals are for sure on frontiers radar and have been worked on otherwise there would be absolutely no reason to translate them does that mean they will all come in the same pack no alot of them sure but at least some will have been scrapped ideas like the lord howe insect and others shock horror may be for packs further in the future.

Malayan and sulawesi are in fact in the dictionary almost every single word used in planet zoo is in it.
Impala is still worth mentioning in this discussion as it is a symbol that just because the names appear doesnt mean they are necessarily coming at all or in the next pack. given just how well known the impala it is likely that it was intended to enter the game earlier and was instead replaced with another african antelope like the springbok, thomsons or dama gazelle. Also the whole idea of removing what doesnt make it in

None of them have been removed people just forget the capital letters

It is probably used in one of the zoopedia descriptions alot of that info was also translated its my theory as to why mammoth is in there.
Either that or the impala is also coming haha and tbh i wouldn't mind that. I think is a beautiful antelope.

1714446045348.png

No more African Ungulates I beg of you 😭

I agree there was intent behind them especially something as niche as echidna and hamadryas. This doesn't mean they are necessarily coming just that at one point the were planned and made it quite far into the planning either that means they are yet to come or they were scraped that is the only 2 options I see.
I'm not sure I would say "scrapped" so much as just "paused." Haha. I could see them deliberately shelving some of these species knowing that the packs would do okay on their own, or perhaps just because they needed the time elsewhere at the time. Given the structure of both the Arid and Oceania packs there's a very real scenario where they could have shelved the baboon and tree kangaroo, respectively, assuming the packs would do fine without those species and knowing they could be saved for later.

For me, what rules treetops out is the animals it would cut. For this last pack, I suspect they're going to try to tick as many boxes as possible. And we're in a spot where the meta wishlist will allow for that to happen. As far as geography, and even animal type, you can put together a pretty satisfying and diverse final pack with global reach. A primate or two, "oddball" small mammals, a bird, a pinniped, etc.

And they're all within "budget" too given what they could use as a base, animation sets they already have in-hand, etc. Especially given the species selection in the Barnyard pack. They all look amazing and unique compared to other animals in-game but I think they chose those with all intention of "freeing up" time for whatever's coming next...

J'ai une idée de pack Madagascar
-Tortue radiée
-Lémurien noir aux yeux turquoise
-Lémurien à ventre rouge
-Siffaka
-Caméléon panthère
I don't think many people are interested in Madagascar generally anymore, apart from the Sifaka and Chameleons. I didn't realise radiated tortoise were from there, I've certainly heard of them, so they must be decently common in captivity.

I have seen occasional requests for Common Tenrec & Malagasy civet. Sort of odd there's seemingly little interest in the Ring-tailed vontsira, though it is basically a flashy mongoose.

If we go into birds it'd be nice to have a Madagascan one, a Crested Coua or Vasa parrot maybe, but I'd settle for a Madagascan lovebird.

I would just expand the madagascar idea to a general islands theme. Take the radiated tortoise and one of the special lemurs and add, crested pigeon and treekangaroo as some highly requested ones, american flamingo and scottish wildcat for some easier ones, javan langur because monkey, add panther chameleon or tuatara in the exhibit and baby you got a pack going.

Planet Zoo Planco Dictionary PC: Still There
Planet Zoo Planco Dictionary Console: Still There
Planet Coaster Planco Dictionary PC: Still There
Planet Coaster Planco Dictionary Console: Removed/Not There
Is it really necessary for Frontier or us the players having four separate dictionaries? With
99% the same words for the same made-up language?
Updating the two for the years-old non-updated game with the new animals coming to the PC version of the "newer" game but not updating the console version that is going to have them?? Looks a weirdly ineffective move by Frontier.

Are there any other popular, but also controversial themes? That's looking to be the case twice in a row for JWE2, so it stands to reason that might be the way PZ's next one goes.

It does sound like extinct or fantasy, both of which lean towards impossible outside of statues/animatronics (maybe costumes for the animals?), but surely there's a couple others.

I guess oceanic full aquatics might be in that category.

Last edited:
Are there any other popular, but also controversial themes? That's looking to be the case twice in a row for JWE2, so it stands to reason that might be the way PZ's next one goes.

It does sound like extinct or fantasy, both of which lean towards impossible outside of statues/animatronics (maybe costumes for the animals?), but surely there's a couple others.

Idk, not really. I guess there is stuff like another africa pack, but idk if that really is the same kind of controversial as domestics were. Its more like a "lets get other regions up to snuff before going back to africa" situation, whereas part of the community straight up didnt want domestics whatsoever.
Ofcourse there are also things like hybrids and extinct critters that would fall into that category aswell, but those have never been really all that popular.
Petting zoos/domestics really was the only theme that was highly requested but also controversial

honestly the most controversial pack theme that ever had a chance of happening was a domestics pack outside of that an all exhibit pack, a pack dedicated to either all monkeys or all reptiles would also be quite controversial.
fantasy and extinct just wouldnt be popular the extinct animals people are already spread between prehistoric kingdom and Jurassic world and fantasy just doesnt seem like it would have too much of an audiences so while they are controversial they wouldnt the first half of the statement.

There are plenty of controversial animals / topics such as people not wanting rhinos, crocodilians, montiors, african ungulates in general and the manatee

Top Bottom