Summer 2024 DLC Speculation

I'm honestly warming up to the idea of an Americas Animal Pack, but only as long as the split is like 2 North American, 2 Central American, 3 South American or something.

1. Muskox
  2. Walrus
  3. Geoffroy's Spider Monkey
  4. Roseate Spoonbill
  5. South American Coati
  6. Patagonian Mara
  7. Greater Rhea
I think something like this would be pretty solid honestly.

I'm honestly warming up to the idea of an Americas Animal Pack, but only as long as the split is like 2 North American, 2 Central American, 3 South American or something.

1. Muskox
  2. Walrus
  4. Roseate Spoonbill
  5. South American Coati
  6. Patagonian Mara
  7. Greater Rhea
That would be beautiful.

I can do without the walrus and replacing it with ABB (which i don't personally need) or a pelican (which would make this a perfect pack).

Last edited:
While I would be ok with an Americas pack, we would miss out on the Baboon and Secretary Bird or really any African bird, which is a deal breaker for me. Then again I said the same about a petting zoo pack and I came around to it so -

1. Muskox
  2. Walrus
  4. Roseate Spoonbill
  5. South American Coati
  6. Patagonian Mara
  7. Greater Rhea
I'm okay with the Americas pack idea as well. My main issue there though is I really want a Spectacled Bear so much more than the ABB, but the ABB is pretty unquestionably the high profile North American mammal not in the game.

It's why I hope for it as the 5th year anniversary animal.

So for an Americas pack for me?

Spectacled Bear (SA)
Black Howler Monkey (SA)
Patagonian Mara (SA)
White Nosed Coati (CA, partly NA)
Muskox (NA)
Wild Turkey (NA)
Scarlet Ibis (SA) - my own personal want over either a Rhea or the American Flamingo.
Two Toed Sloth species (WTE)

Though I think the Elk for NA and Ocelot for CA/SA are also very strong possibilities. And I still want more New World Monkeys.

Actually, to heck with it, finale pack of 13 animals all from the Americas; and the ABB as the anniversary animal to get us over the 200 mark. Sorry Secretary Bird, Baboon, Tree Kangaroo, etc.

So add the 8 above, the Elk and Ocelot, a Squirrel Monkey, and both the Rhea and Flamingo. But then I have to think would I rather have the North American River Otter instead of hte Elk? Probably.

I mean, there's definitely non-Americas animals I'd like to see in the game, but in all honesty from a mammal perspective especially, I would not be unhappy with this as the remaining animals at all.

1. Muskox
  2. Walrus
  4. Roseate Spoonbill
  5. South American Coati
  6. Patagonian Mara
  7. Greater Rhea
This is pretty good, and while I know we would get the Roseate spoonbill. I NEED my waterfowl for NA. Wood Duck, Canada goose, mallard, common eider, whatever it is. I need it.

Farming DLC doesn't seem to be that popular. This year it should be time to say goodbye to PZ and give us PZ2.
微信图片_20240504144342.png
微信图片_20240504144349.png
微信图片_20240504144404.png

Farming DLC doesn't seem to be that popular. This year it should be time to say goodbye to PZ and give us PZ2.View attachment 391825View attachment 391826View attachment 391827
I get that some people are anticipating PZ2, be it for possibility of flying birds, aquariums or enhanced features, but it is important to settle down the expectations. Frontier wont just pop down a sequel next year. It will probably not happen for 5+ years and that is still a big IF. So in the mean time, I think most of us would appriciate additional support for the current itteration.

And to be honest, the number of players is dropping naturaly, as the game age, but it is still pretty decent for a 5 year old game within a very niche genre. Yesterday, the numbers were around 6000 last time I checked and that does not include console players. General reception of the Barnyard pack was very good within the casual audience. We are just a very vocal minority here on the forums.

Last edited:
And to be honest, the number of players is dropping naturaly, as the game age, but it is still pretty decent for a 5 year old game within a very niche genre. Yesterday, the numbers were around 6000 last time I checked and that does not include console players. General reception of the Barnyard pack was very good within the casual audience. We are just a very vocal minority here on the forums.
I think the fact that it is a niche genre is what is saving planet zoo if someone wants to play a 3d zoo game they have no major alternatives that arent 20 years old even if you just consider how limited zoo games in general are planet zoo has a huge advantage.

It will probably not happen for 5+ years and that is still a big IF.
Assuming a sequel is even on the cards (big assumption), I actually think 3-5 years is a reasonable timeframe. It will wholly depend on whether one of their upcoming new games does actually turn out to be the rumoured Planet Coaster 2. Coaster was popular enough to warrant a sequel, so I doubt Zoo would see one first.

Farming DLC doesn't seem to be that popular. This year it should be time to say goodbye to PZ and give us PZ2.
It was around 3,000 earlier, so I think it's more that the count hasn't quite finished yet for the day (it'll be conclusive once the next shows up).

The local peak was 7th of April, pretty similar numbers to last year (10k players), even without a DLC, so the overall interest still seems to be there.

The community challenge has been complete for a little while now, so there's no real incentive from that anymore.

Could be but that peak was higher than what eurasia brought so its likely more than just a sale it was probably the sale plus all the console marketing
Assuming a sequel is even on the cards (big assumption), I actually think 3-5 years is a reasonable timeframe. It will wholly depend on whether one of their upcoming new games does actually turn out to be the rumoured Planet Coaster 2. Coaster was popular enough to warrant a sequel, so I doubt Zoo would see one first.
3-5 years is reasonable but we have no idea when they started because there is next to no chance they are waiting for planet zoo to be dead and buried before starting development they would want to keep the franchise alive not kill it completely so they will likely stretch planet zoo out for as long as possible even with a sequel in the works to shorten the time and loss of interest in the franchise. I do however think there will be a minimum of a year between final dlc and sequel and that we will not be waiting 5 years for a sequel more like 2-3.
Planet coaster 2 will likely come first and is probably one of the 3 upcoming cms games planet zoo 2 is still up for debate I think if they havent thought of the idea already they sure are now because the amount of discussion of a sequel just keeps getting bigger.

Could be but that peak was higher than what eurasia brought so its likely more than just a sale it was probably the sale plus all the console marketing
No. It was definitely just a sale. All Frontier games saw huge player activity increase.
Eurasia Animal Pack is just really bad pack.

3-5 years is reasonable but we have no idea when they started because there is next to no chance they are waiting for planet zoo to be dead and buried before starting development they would want to keep the franchise alive not kill it completely so they will likely stretch planet zoo out for as long as possible even with a sequel in the works to shorten the time and loss of interest in the franchise. I do however think there will be a minimum of a year between final dlc and sequel and that we will not be waiting 5 years for a sequel more like 2-3.
Planet coaster 2 will likely come first and is probably one of the 3 upcoming cms games planet zoo 2 is still up for debate I think if they havent thought of the idea already they sure are now because the amount of discussion of a sequel just keeps getting bigger.
The franchise is being "kept alive" by the console edition. I'm doubtful that PZ2 is one of the upcoming games, so IMO that's a moot point. I'm also doubtful that PZ2 will be released in 2025, so it will no doubt be more than a year after our final DLC.

If they're doing Coaster 2 (which is of course another assumption in and of itself), that will get at least three years of support by itself. I can't imagine PZ2 coming until support for PC2 wraps up or is near to wrapping up.

Top Bottom