Summer 2024 PDLC speculation

Since we know we are getting another dlc via the .exe and SteamDB. Not a better time to speculate about the next dlc.

Given the pattern from the last three DLCs, it is likely that the next one will be on Cenozoic species in which one of them will be the sabre-toothed tiger that debuted in the 4th season of Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous.

One can say, "possibilities are endless". There is no telling if the next DLC is pterosaur-centric or Cretaceous Herbivore as counterparts of Prehistoric Marine Species and Cretaceous Predator respectively.

I still think a Cenozoic pack is quite unlikely. An Aviary pack or Herbivore pack would make the most sense.
I reeaaaaallly hope that it will not just be a 4 Animal Pack , but instead a real " Attractions Expansion Pack " with 4 - 8 new animals and at least 2 New Attractions like a " JW the Ride" boat-ride, Submarine / Semisubmarine Tour for Lagoons , Gondala Ride ( like seen in CC-Show), insideview for monorail, VIP- Helishuttle service etc.

It should have some placeable Kelp, really high rocks for lagoons and Aviaries, rocky walls for lagoons, natural looking fountains ( waterfalls/rapids) and some kind of placeable caves and BIG fallen trees.
Aviary animals and some semiaquatic would be my first choice for the species, but if any Dinosaurs than reallly important species of paleontology that are still missing like...
1. Plateosaurus ( 9m long) : Most common and best known Herbivore Prosauropod of the Triassic !
2. Microceratus ( 1m Long) : Last onscreen Dinosaur from the movies that is still missing!
3. Austroraptor (7m Long) : Big piscivore Raptor that could use animations of the spinoraptor!
4. Psittacosaurus (2m long): Really important for science,... very early certopsian!
5. Protoceratops would be great but its Microceratus is may be to similar.

Some Rangervehicles that could be in this pack are based on new fpv - skins for the Gyrospher, aviary drone and rov (submarine drone) .
1-2 Seater skins like...
1.) 2 Seater submarine like seen in JW II
2.) 1-2 Seater drone
3.) 6x6 Amphicar 2 seater

Realistically, probably.

Would it be exciting? Eh... I suspect any further dinosaur packs without an actual content update will receive the same reaction as the hybrid pack.

There is no telling which herbivore species will be added if the next DLC will be a herbivore pack to mirror the predator pack that was launched in November 30, 2023.

My overall theory/opinion is this:

The average player spends about 98% of their time building their park, and revealling in the glory of their creation. 2% of the time putting a dinosaur in an enclosure.

Granted, dinosaurs are extremely important to the game, the keystone even; however, replayability of the game comes from actually building something. Creating things. Getting yourself lost in something you've dreamed and built.

Because of all this... Dinosaur packs alone I don't think excite the community as packs with more stuff to build with.

I think they will go with Pterosaur DLC and add some stuff to aviaries as a free update.
My top animal picks are:

1. Pterodactyl - I think I don't have to explain :d
2. Archeopteryx - The "link" between dinosaurs and birds
3. Rhapmphorhyncus - It was literally in every dino book there ever was when I was a kid and also its iconic dentision make it stand out.
4. Hatzegopteryx - close tie in with quetzalcoatlus on size and wingspan, its interesting because it was shorter but bulkier than the Quetzalcoatlus because it hunted dwarf sauropods of Hatzeg island. I also think its a strong pick because the rest of the fliers are just chicken sized.

My other alternative picks which I'm not so confident about:

5. Pterodaustro - A pterosaur that had baleen instead of teeth , very unique animal but feeding would require something much more elaborate than just reskinning of existing feeders like the insectivore feeder.
6. Istiodactylus - human sized, very interesting skull, not much else comes to my mind.
7. Cryodracon - Very large Azhdarcid but not as big as Quetzalcoatlus or Hatzegopteryx, cool name though
8. Aerotitan - Another Azhdarcid but this one is not as gigantic, thought about it because its depictions make him look like a fyling bear thing. I found that amusing.

Well, there’s an LQA update today from six hours ago. Much sooner than expected too.

If the LQA begins this month, will it be an expansion?

Two different YouTube users note that each of the expansion's LQA take up 50 days.

Well... if it were to truly mirror the Cretaceous theropod clone pack, it'd have to focus specifically on Cretaceous herbivores.

If it is Cretaceous herbivores, what do you say to this list?

- Microceratus: on high demand since its debut in the film Jurassic World: Dominion

- Saltasaurus: the distinguishing feature of the sauropod is the armor.

- Lambeosaurus: with the hatchet-shaped crest, it adds to the diversity of the species discovered in Dinosaur Park Formation

- Stegoceras: a dome-headed pachycephalosaur that is discovered in Kirtland Formation in New Mexico and Dinosaur Park Formation in Alberta

It is best not to have multiple genus/species of the same type.

If it is Cretaceous herbivores, what do you say to this list?

- Microceratus: on high demand since its debut in the film Jurassic World: Dominion

- Saltasaurus: the distinguishing feature of the sauropod is the armor.

- Lambeosaurus: with the hatchet-shaped crest, it adds to the diversity of the species discovered in Dinosaur Park Formation

- Stegoceras: a dome-headed pachycephalosaur that is discovered in Kirtland Formation in New Mexico and Dinosaur Park Formation in Alberta

It is best not to have multiple genus/species of the same type.
Very cloney... using some very overused rigs...

Personally I'd go with something more unique like:

- Microceratus: personally, I would prefer Graciliceratops or Leptoceratops myself, but they're gonna put it in because it's canon.

- Beipiaosaurus: it would be only our second therizinosaur... and was once the largest feathered dinosaurs known before the discovery of Yutyrannus, despite being only 1 meter tall.

- Simosuchus: a vegetarian puppy crocodile and not at all a dinosaur, which would make for a very nice change if you ask me...

The last slot would be difficult... there's just too many potential options to consider, though a few ideas include:

• Anzu: North American Oviraptor; don't have any of those
  • Hypsilophodon: small European ornithopod like Dryosaurus; don't have any of those either
  • Thescelosaurus: small North American ornithopod like Dryosaurus; don't have any of those from this time period...
  • Pelecanimimus: small European ornithomimid; had a funny face and may have been a fish eater
  • Pinacosaurus: large Asian ankylosaur; basically the Ankylosaurus of its locality
  • Stegouros: small South American ankylosaur with an unusual tail

Last edited:
Very cloney... using some very overused rigs...

Personally I'd go with something more unique like:

- Microceratus: personally, I would prefer Graciliceratops or Leptoceratops myself, but they're gonna put it in because it's canon.

- Beipiaosaurus: it would be only our second therizinosaur... and was once the largest feathered dinosaurs known before the discovery of Yutyrannus.

- Simosuchus: a vegetarian puppy crocodile and not at all a dinosaur, which would make for a very nice change if you ask me...

The last slot would be difficult... there's just too many potential options to consider, though a few ideas include:

• Anzu: North American Oviraptor; don't have any of those
  • Hypsilophodon: small European ornithopod like Dryosaurus; don't have any of those either
  • Thescelosaurus: small North American ornithopod like Dryosaurus; don't have any of those from this time period...
  • Pelecanimimus: small European ornithomimid; had a funny face and may have been a fish eater
  • Pinacosaurus: large Asian ankylosaur; basically the Ankylosaurus of its locality
  • Stegouros: small South American ankylosaur with an unusual tail

Regarding Beipiaosaurus, this genus received attention since the 13th film instalment of Land Before Time franchise.

Hypsilophodon appeared in the original novel version of The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

It is hard to say about the following:

- Protoceratops: a classic primitive ceratopsian.

- Psittacosaurus: an early relative to the primitive ceratopsians.

- Edmontonia: a nodosaur discovered in the Horseshoe Canyon Formation

It is hard to say about the following:

- Protoceratops: a classic primitive ceratopsian.

- Psittacosaurus: an early relative to the primitive ceratopsians.

- Edmontonia: a nodosaur discovered in the Horseshoe Canyon Formation
Very hard... the first two would make good additions, but would likely be pushed aside in favor of Microceratus... Edmontonia would be an absolutely great addition, but with two other North American nodosaurs already in the game, it's a decently represented niche.

Very hard... the first two would likely be pushed aside in favor of Microceratus... Edmontonia would be an absolutely great addition, but with two other North American nodosaurs already in the game, it's a decently represented niche.

Speaking of North American nodosaurs already in game; the Sauropelta and Nodosaurus are to be placed on their own. There are no other species in this game that are also discovered in Frontier Formation in Wyoming. It is not viable to put Sauropelta with Deinonychus and Acrocanthosaurus despite sharing the common dig site being Cloverly Formation in Wyoming. Edmontonia can be placed with Edmontosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus.

Top Bottom