IMPORTANT: Summer Update: How to use Billboards

why you can't do it live....you can just record some different shots around the park...then make them black and white in a post edit software...and even add static...then load those edited videos into the TV screens in your security room. You can even add several scenes in the post edit together to make it look like the monitor is switching between multiple cameras. also you can do split screen effect and have 1 monitor with 4 different camera shots in one.

Because I actually have another top-secret idea. No, I don't want to put cameras in the toilet to show to the rest of the peeps [big grin]!

I want to place cameras around a ride track and billboards strategically around the tracks to cloak them. We could, in effect, build a coaster that 'jumps the tracks' [say, over a canyon or something] and lands on tracks on the other side and re-aligns itself back on-track.

Last edited:
Because I actually have another top-secret idea. No, I don't want to put cameras in the toilet to show to the rest of the peeps [big grin]!

I want to place cameras around a ride track and billboards strategically around the tracks to cloak them. We could, in effect, build a coaster that 'jumps the tracks' [say, over a canyon or something] and lands on tracks on the other side and re-aligns itself back on-track.

If you manage to make that possible, a million likes from me ;)

I noticed nobody uses the trick Disney does with their billboards in rides. they move the perspective statically with you like its in 3D whenever you pass the screen.

For example @6:53
[video=youtube;1vIchXwRw7U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vIchXwRw7U[/video]

Last edited:
Sorry to revive this thread, but is there anywhere that states the sizes of the billboards and screens for IRL pixel size? Pictures I use tend to have black strips either side or at the top and bottom as they aren't the right "size" for the billboards and screens. Or they get squished / stretched to the right size and it looks odd.

Thanks!

sizes of the billboards and screens for IRL pixel size? Pictures I use tend to have black strips either side...

Make your billboard images 1080p or "full HD" ratio. That means your images can be 1920 x 1080, or 1280 x 720, or 960 x 540, or any size that is equivalent ratio to avoid the black strips. You might want to exercise caution in making images too large for performance reasons, but that's up to you.

Make your billboard images 1080p or "full HD" ratio. That means your images can be 1920 x 1080, or 1280 x 720, or 960 x 540, or any size that is equivalent ratio to avoid the black strips. You might want to exercise caution in making images too large for performance reasons, but that's up to you.

That's perfect. Thank you for the help! [big grin][up]

@Frontier: Will costum made video on the billboard screens saved within the scenario? That would be really great.[shocked]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
@Frontier: Will costum made video on the billboard screens saved within the scenario? That would be really great.[shocked]

Unfortunately, that won’t be possible due to several reasons. For example, custom videos may contain copyrighted material which may not be allowed to be shared, and it would make the saved scenario file too big to upload it to the workshop.

Top Bottom