Sun Dive (Disaster Area style)

Wow, I've never had that happen before. On my way to do some mining, I jumped to the Lhana system........ and passed through a star. It was all over in the blink of an eye, and lore wise I could argue it was a hyperspace effec and I wasn't quite in the same dimension when it happened, but I saw it just before I hit it, then I was coming out the other side, my temperature going towards 130 and another star (the main star?) directly ahead of me. I feel.......... purged. :)

Yes, I've flown through at least one system in the bubble that has 3-4 stars in very close proximity at the jump in point. Depending on what direction you come in from, there's at least two stars in that system you'll "fly through." First time that happened I nearly fell out of my chair. :D

Another radiant CMDR here.

On my exploration days it happened to me several times, mostly in twin / triple star systems. Once I managed to fly through two stars before stopping. Been wondering why am I still alive as other CMDRs stated that exiting this close is insta death. And a reason to have AFMU. Anyway, either lucky or something I didn't burn back then, nor had need to use AFMU.

Happened to me recently too.

About biowasted in my suit all over my useless legs.

Didn't have any heat sinks either, so it was even more scary. Still had a heart sink.

Absolutely, pipsqueaks these days have a run-in with a star and think they've cause to worry...... In my day we had men of iron and ships of wood, and look at them now! ;-)

And that wood used to get hot to the touch in the corona of a star, let me tell you!

I don't know if I dropped through a star but I have a binary and almost lost it. Made it out fairly well but if you're not expecting it, scary it is. I've also dropped into a binary with a third star close by.

Top Bottom