Super Long Server Maintenance Downtime Today 🤔

Thursday server maintenance usually takes only 20 minutes, but so far today it's been off for three hours. I wonder if there's a patch incoming because Frontier have said nothing at all on the forums or Twitter.

Are you guys connecting ok, i know the report for the down time says it has been completed, but i've only been able to access the Legacy game versions, as the Live version has been giving me a connection failure message since i tired to launch Horizons (18.01) earlier today (so about 5 hours ago).

Just a generic message:

"LOGIN FAILURE

The game failed to communicate with the authentication server. Please check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes."

No numbers or other text, just the above. No issues loading into either Legacy Horizons or Legacy ED, so i can play those fine.

hmmm, still not able to connect on "Live" version, but fine on both "Legacy" options...curious. I'll go post a ticket with support. Would being on Windows 7 be an issue with the latest "Live" versions? I use the standard Frontier Launcher (not Steam etc), and it appears WIn 7 can run the game in terms of req specs etc, but maybe this has changed for latest versions? Legacy option connects and runs fine.

Anyway support ticket is sent, but bummer - i was looking forward to catching up on the new shiny stuff! Just musing, as the reported downtime issues seem fixed and people are logging in ok.

Last edited:
I run Linux when online with that machine in all other cases. ED is just windows though i think? I think ED runs ok under WIn 7 still, the "Legacy" version connect to the servers and run fine, it's just the latest "Live" versions i have had no luck with yet. Support ticket is being looked at so I shall see what comes of that.

Yeah it could have been that? As i guess the new (to me) download of the Live versions uses a different exe name vs the older versions. I had put my Firewall in a mode that removes pop up messages when playing, so any message from that might have been suppressed. I switched it back to the regular mode, ran Odyssey then got a pop-up so i could make the exception for Odyssey (and Horizons). They both load fine now, so i had a dabble.

Such a newbie issue re the firewall there, i probably expected the game to use the same exe?

I run Linux when online with that machine in all other cases. ED is just windows though i think? I think ED runs ok under WIn 7 still, the "Legacy" version connect to the servers and run fine, it's just the latest "Live" versions i have had no luck with yet. Support ticket is being looked at so I shall see what comes of that.
E.D. can run fine on Linux via Steam/Proton.

Top Bottom