Supercruise Assist dethrottle needed

The Supercruise assist module has been a great help, but needs to have a dethrottle feature like the Hyperspace dethrottle. I have stepped away to grab a bite or restroom break just to find my ship crashed against the station. Please complete this module by adding this option to dethrottle once you arrive at

The Supercruise assist module has been a great help, but needs to have a dethrottle feature like the Hyperspace dethrottle. I have stepped away to grab a bite or restroom break just to find my ship crashed against the station. Please complete this module by adding this option to dethrottle once you arrive at
Why not log off when you go to the bathroom? You don't stay in combat and go to the bathroom do you?

Last edited:
Would be also great if it could tell you right away the destination is obscured by another body, it just leaves you aiming right at the planet, so assuming the ending is like in op. Also not sure why they went with a separate module (and adding extra slot to smaller ships, bigger ones can sacrifice size 3 or 4 slot surely), instead of making one advanced auto-pilot that would cover this and docking, more content I guess this way

You could kill the engines when you need a wee? Is that really difficult?
The best part of those automated tools is that you don't need to sit by the keyboard but are free to come in here and look through latest postings and post (or visit the lavatory, or attend to a child, grab a drink or snack), when there is possibility that you will return to a rebuy screen, then the tools are not working as intended (whether it is auto-dock that suicides you by smashing next to the mailslot from the inside or supercruise assist that smashes you into a station from the outside).

The best part of those automated tools is that you don't need to sit by the keyboard but are free to come in here and look through latest postings and post (or visit the lavatory, or attend to a child, grab a drink or snack), when there is possibility that you will return to a rebuy screen, then the tools are not working as intended (whether it is auto-dock that suicides you by smashing next to the mailslot from the inside or supercruise assist that smashes you into a station from the outside).
Fair enough. But please, make it optional. Or put the ship into a holding circle around the edge of the no-fire zone, perhaps. I just don't want to see big cumbersome ships losing all their momentum unless they choose to do so.

Yes and what about automatic high wake if you are interdicted while in SCA, you just pick a target system before engaging SCA and if you are interdicted and pulled out of SC it high wakes, I went to go down the shops the other day while on SCA to my destination and came back to a rebuy screen because a NPC interdicted me, not fair!

Lestat

Banned
Restroom and a bite. Which could take several minutes depending on what you are doing? And heaven forbids your family comes over. Why not just log off into the Main menu. See a little player common sense need to comes into play here.

Restroom and a bite. Which could take several minutes depending on what you are doing? And heaven forbids your family comes over. Why not just log off into the Main menu. See a little player common sense need to comes into play here.
In a game where travel takes 99% of time features like OP suggests are more than welcome. You can at least skip some of the travel.

This is absolutely true. What OP says, that the assist would be more useful if it dethrottled, is also true. I wouldn't ever completely trust the supercruise assist but I'd still like it to be as good as it was probably intended to be.

Yes and what about automatic high wake if you are interdicted while in SCA, you just pick a target system before engaging SCA and if you are interdicted and pulled out of SC it high wakes, I went to go down the shops the other day while on SCA to my destination and came back to a rebuy screen because a NPC interdicted me, not fair!
Noone expects it to, just like auto-docking can be interrupted by someone ramming you, or your tesla getting smashed by another car, at least the stellar bodies are pretty predictable and could be simulated thousand years ago

Lestat

Banned
This is absolutely true. What OP says, that the assist would be more useful if it dethrottled, is also true. I wouldn't ever completely trust the supercruise assist but I'd still like it to be as good as it was probably intended to be.
Having the gameplay play for you is not true. If I leave a game to do something else. I not going to whine about what happens when I am not at the Computer. The fault Lies with me and the lack of not paying attention to the game. Just like you or the Op. Its kinda likes using the Cellphone or Texting while driving. if you are not looking at the street while you're Texting It your fault if someone gets hurt or killed. your focus ie elsewhere not driving.

I have to agree with veronica.

Use a HOTAS, engage SC-assist - throttle down to zero, then hit the key you have bound to 75% throttle. Now it will auto-throttle on arrival. You're welcome.

I'm sure we'll get an auto-throttle at some point - much like they added one to the hyperspace jump after a couple of years of people asking.

Having the gameplay play for you is not true. If I leave a game to do something else. I not going to whine about what happens when I am not at the Computer. The fault Lies with me and the lack of not paying attention to the game. Just like you or the Op. Its kinda likes using the Cellphone or Texting while driving. if you are not looking at the street while you're Texting It your fault if someone gets hurt or killed. your focus ie elsewhere not driving.

I have to agree with veronica.
Cool it. No-one is whining, just proposing an obvious improvement to the supercruise assist. I think it is obvious too, and I'm surprised FD didn't already implement it.

Almost all stations are orbiting a body. If you have to step away, set assist to lock onto the body the station is orbiting. The ship will remain in orbit until you are back and ready to fly the final approach to the station.

Better than having to lose time throttling back, or waiting months/years for the devs to implement a SC de-throttle.

Top Bottom