Supercruise assist doesn't work sometimes?

I want to go to hotspots on rings for mining, but when I target the hotspot centers and enable supercruise assist it just says "Align with target" even though it is aligned. Is this a bug?

20201025164935_1.jpg

20201025164940_1.jpg

OK wasnt expecting that level of evidence.

Its either bugged or try the other side of the rings (underneath if youre now on top), sometimes stations get lost like this but Hotspots dont.

if not, well done youve found a new bug :)

OK wasnt expecting that level of evidence.

Its either bugged or try the other side of the rings (underneath if youre now on top), sometimes stations get lost like this but Hotspots dont.

if not, well done youve found a new bug :)

I just tried it from beneath, nope it doesn't work.

Ok there is some REALLY weird behaviour, when I near the ring in the yellow area, the sc assist will flicker on and off even when the actual target is behind me.

Yes, this is what I was thinking.
Like it loses 'focus' when you get near.
Yeah - hotspots only appear when you are close to a planet - so I guess I normally SC to the planet, then glide in. Haven't done any mining for months, so might be wrong.

After all - who aims for the centre of a hotspot? ;)

Try a more acute angle maybe, from directly above or below?

Is it all Hotspots? On more than one ring, in more than one system?

SCA does (usually) and should work with Hotspots yes, only issue ever which is rare is if angle of approach is too low it can drop out early but that is super rare.

i think its a bug, the pics clearly show it isnt working as its supposed to.

On further thought I think it may be the Hotspot thats bugged, the SCA seems to think its on the other side of the planet pr something.....that theres something in the way anyway?

I'm just chugging around in my Scavenger Python, so I'll look into this.

Sorry, unable to reproduce, tried various approaches, distances etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom