Supercruise Rework

No I'm fine, it's just over the last 5 pages you seem to be having an issue with most of the people in this thread. Just thought I'd put in my normal friendly reminder that sometimes it helps to take a step back :)

For once ,can you stop that technique that some moderators have of pointing out some people as "unruly" and that they are against everyone or angry?
The truth is that I was only talking to one person, the others only get to warm the atmosphere, that person still does not respond to something that she herself discussed, there is nothing more to look for.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
The truth is that I was only talking to one person
8, but you know I can't be bothered to go through the whole thread to see how many people you were warming up.

Moderators often post in threads that are getting a bit heated, to try and stop people from getting warnings or being excluded from threads.

So my last post here will be a general, take a step back and a deep breath to everyone.

8, but you know I can't be bothered to go through the whole thread to see how many people you were warming up.

Moderators often post in threads that are getting a bit heated, to try and stop people from getting warnings or being excluded from threads.

So my last post here will be a general, take a step back and a deep breath to everyone.
"Breathe guys...Take a DEEP breath. I don't want to swing this two-by-four but I will if I have to..."
;)
hehe - I truly love the Mods on this forum - they're the most subtle and engaging Moderators on any forum I've ever been a part of. :)

I'm calm, I'm a foreign guy trying to respond to 3 people at the same time, maybe you are upset?

Well, finally the silence to my question, how should I take it darkfire ??

I'll take all this talk as a crude attempt to lure myself into BB racing 🤷‍♂️
You should take it that I work for a living, and don’t sit at a computer 24/7.

If you really don’t want to do it the fun way, then jump from Agnew’s Folley, Vequess to MacKenzie Relay, Cemies system.

Haven't read the whole thread so don't know if this has been posted already but here's furrycat's comparison of different SC approach techniques, shows the depth of what's already there:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy4zca1yjKw

My last post in this thread,seriously, thanks for this video, instead of so much talk I took my dolphin and went to the same system (fullerene C60) and did my own test.
Same ship, same system, almost 20 seconds faster ...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMwNwpsZnCw&feature=youtu.be

Sorry you have to watch this Alec, I didn't mean to make a video about an exploit, but I've been nice and put it in the title.

From here, Darkfire and Alec can do your own checks, this was the first attempt and it was not my optimal flight, I'm sure I can do it in a minute. ;)

if you are gentlemen, you should just recognize this.Peace

If you really don’t want to do it the fun way, then jump from Agnew’s Folley, Vequess to MacKenzie Relay, Cemies system.

My last post in this thread
seriously, thanks for this video, instead of so much talk I took my dolphin and went to the same system (fullerene C60) and did my own test.

Sorry you have to watch this Alec, I didn't mean to make a video about an exploit, but I've been nice and put it in the title.

From here, Darkfire and Alec can do your own checks, this was the first attempt and it was not my optimal flight, I'm sure I can do it in a minute. ;)

My last post in this thread,seriously, thanks for this video, instead of so much talk I took my dolphin and went to the same system (fullerene C60) and did my own test.

I’ll be fair, you did warn us ahead of time that you’re using an exploit.

I watched it - neat, yeah, I know. I did try to explain that we're well aware of that and how I feel about it. It's very fast but a bit gamey for my liking. People have different views on it. Exigeous for example allowed it in his Colonia Speedrun whereas in Buckyball Racing we tend not to.

By the way, you can probably get a teeny bit faster by turning your back on the star a bit quicker to escape its gravity well.

Here's a question tho' (somewhat rhetorical I guess) ... did you "enjoy" doing that as much as I "enjoy" my 0:04 screaming corskscrew approaches I wonder?

:)

I haven't read the full thread but Im all for increasing acceleration and deceleration near gravity wells.
I'm of the opposite opinion, that being that if it is increased it should be the between things where it is increased – the curve of course, not the actual speed over 2001c.
Personally though, I'd prefer if it was a bit more engaging either way, along the lines of some of the things already mentioned in the thread.

So you want us to be able to accelerate and decelerate even faster than we already can? I mean, it takes us mere minutes to accelerate to twice the speed of light and decelrate down from it again. You want to reduce that from minutes to basically instantly?
You can already do that.
Disable the FSD module, even while going 2000c, other than a bit of hull damage, nothing bad will happen to you.
Or just press J twice, that will drop you too.

The whole SC issue could be remedied like this:

Remove the No Fire zones around stations including the fire penalty and fines.

NOW you can lay siege to a station. Ships can jump to a station (eliminating the waiting in SC part) if they choose to do so, and pirates can still do their thing at the station.
Also it would allow for an ACTUAL blockade of a station. No ships in or out.

Top Bottom