COMPLETED CG Support Sirius Atmospherics initiative by providing ammonia world exploration data (Exploration)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Summary
System: Musca Dark Region PJ-P b6-1
Station: Betancourt Base
(Coriolis Starport, large pads available, 172 Ls from main star, 520.11 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Deliver Ammonia World exploration data

Time limit: 10th December 3306 @ 06:00 UTC

Description

Sirius Atmospherics has requested help from independent pilots to provide data on ammonia worlds for terraforming purposes.
The subsidiary of Sirius Corporation is working in partnership with the Alliance to establish colonies within the Coalsack Nebula, and to identify sites of commercial and scientific interest.
Dr Maximilian North, Sirius Atmospherics’s project director, outlined the requirements:
We have developed revolutionary new terraforming procedures for terrestrial planets with ammonia-based atmospheres. Our collaboration with the Alliance is the perfect opportunity to try and put these to practical use, with the goal of transforming the region into a more human-friendly place.
Sirius Atmospherics offers rewards for explorers who can provide us with exploration data. We are particularly interested in detailed scans focusing on the composition of ammonia worlds, not just in the Coalsack Nebula but elsewhere. Gathering wide-ranging data will enable us to determine the most suitable targets for environmental conversion.
Pilots are requested to deliver their exploration data to the Sirius Atmospherics research facility at Betancourt Base in the Musca Dark Region PJ-P b6-1 system.
Although the company is paying handsomely for all exploration data, it is the data from ammonia worlds that will really progress the research, with data from mapped ammonia worlds being three times as useful.
Depending on the tier reached, Sirius Atmospherics will offer higher prices for exploration data starting on the 11th of December 3306.
Tier 1: Standard payout for exploration
Tier 2: One week at double the standard payout
Tier 3: One week at three times the payout
Tier 4: Two weeks a three times the payout
Tier 5: Two weeks at four times the payout
If successful, the top 75% contributors will receive a full engineered Detail Surface Scanner with twice the normal probe coverage.
To be eligible for rewards you must sign up as an active participant before delivering Ammonia World exploration data to Betancourt Base in the Musca Dark Region PJ-P b6-1 system.
Be aware that faction-state changes and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.
Notes:
  • Station Services: Commodities Market, Shipyard, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel, Material Trader (Encoded), Technology Broker
  • Only exploration data for Ammonia Worlds counts towards the CG progress
Latest status
Last updated: 10 December @ 12:50 UTC - finished - final data added
Current Progress:
Current Participation Rewards:
Global Progress: 904,519 reports delivered
Contributors: 10,710
Reward Tier: 4/5
Global Reward: For two weeks, exploration data handed in at Betancourt Base
gives three times the payout.
Top 10 CMDRs: 20,000,000 CR
Top 10%: 15,000,000 CR
Top 25%: 12,000,000 CR
Top 50%: 6,000,000 CR
Top 75%: 3,400,000 CR
Top 100%: 450,000 CR
CG threshold tracking

Inara (https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/) tracks overall progress, your contributions and estimates tier boundaries.

Journal data (used to track progress) can be submitted via various third party tools or by direct journal imports on Inara. For more details see https://inara.cz/inara-api/.

New &/or have questions about the Community Goals? Check out the Community Goal Guide ... click here

Last edited by a moderator:
Although the company is paying handsomely for all exploration data, it is the data from ammonia worlds that will really progress the research, with data from mapped ammonia worlds being three times as useful.
Is AW UC data really worth more?

Ouch.

I'm only a baby explorer, but so far I discovered 13 AWs.
Out of 6527 planets.

Re-ouch.

Edit : no cherry-picking the systems, if that has any impact.

27 000 000 what exactly? Credits? Way too low. System scans? Way too high. Body scans? Maybe??
"Only amonia worlds count" But a single amonia world pays around a Million so the CG ends when 27 are found? Sorry I'm a bit confused

never done an explorer CG before and that's a nice little reward
is it a fixed amount of credits for AW's?

Will this be the only CG this week? I like that it's based around finding atmospheric worlds that can be terraformed (clearly linked to the upcoming update) Would be cool if there was also a trade CG to gather the materials for building stations etc on these planets. I guess that'll come in the following weeks after the planetary data is complete.

As noted though - my understanding is that only exploration daa for Amonia Worlds counts towards this CGs progress

Even so 27M in Universal Credits is really low and if it's the amount then this CG will be over pretty quick. Hopefully it is wrong/increased. That is presuming 27M refers to credits earned by selling Ammonia World data and not some other value.

If successful, the top 75% contributors will receive a full engineered Detail Surface Scanner witth twice tthe normal probe coverage.

Just checking this is one single-engineered probe radius G5 DSS yes? Not double the normal G5?

if so I unlocked it so will try to keep below 76%, if not I may want one very very much :)

Only exploration data for Ammonia Worlds counts towards the CG progress

Just reposting this. If we do it every 3-4 posts it may work and not too many people will miss it :)

Depending on the tier reached, Sirius Atmospherics will offer higher prices for exploration data starting on the 11th of December 3306.Tier 1: Standard payout for explorationTier 2: One week at double the standard payyyoutTier 3: One week at three ttimes the payouttTier 4: Two weeks a three ttimes he paoutTier 5: Two weeks att four imes the payout

Am I reading this right? The day after the CG finishes for up to 2 weeks the explo payout is up to 4x the amount? So we have to weed out the Ammonia worlds and hand them in on the 9th and keep everything else for the 11th for max returns? Or rush off for a week and back for a week and hand that in? Do they want everybody back for Christmas for some reason?

Wheres the associated GalNet? Is there a bigger story than this today?

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
Is AW UC data really worth more?

Only ammonia worlds count for the CG.

27 000 000 what exactly? Credits? Way too low. System scans? Way too high. Body scans? Maybe??
"Only amonia worlds count" But a single amonia world pays around a Million so the CG ends when 27 are found? Sorry I'm a bit confused

the same ammonia world can be turned in multiple times by different CMDRs, and it counts 3x as much when mapped - still too high a number if it is 1 (or 3) each

I loled :)

1607003187539.png

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom