COMPLETED CG Support the Scriveners Dredger Update Initiative (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I actually have a hard time writing here while still being civil. Let's put it this way: after seeing how much this CG is biased my motivation to play ED dropped through the floor.
So much about FDev allowing us to influence the course of the galaxy.

I actually have a hard time writing here while still being civil. Let's put it this way: after seeing how much this CG is biased my motivation to play ED dropped through the floor.
They know players are already heavily biased towards helping the Scriveners.... it's time to find out just how much people will do to help :)

for brabens sake

its a few hours in and looks very even at the moment, yes the trade cg has a bit of a distance to travel but will see FC's being filled up 1st and then dump their load, there will be a big push on this by days end
the data mining cg is the easier of the 2 but is mind numbingly, soul destroyingly grindy

there's no flippin bias here

there's no flippin bias here
Sure there is. Given that carriers exist, and this one does involve profitable trades vs donating grindy materials, there's factors weighing towards this one as well, but they're not equal in difficulty. But after all...

They know players are already heavily biased towards helping the Scriveners.... it's time to find out just how much people will do to help :)
Exactly. All in all, the player base has been rallying to the Scriveners defense. If FDev didn't tip the scale a bit, it would be a rather boring (and over quickly) stomping of OU. I'll concede though, that in light of the last two CGs, FDev may be having some trouble correctly calibrating thresholds of late.

Good effort, but lacking conviction. 3.5/5 Bazmesons.

So it is players bias vs frontier bias.

For the science.

Hit a snag trying to unload this dam FC...

Server won't let you for Ages on PS4, over capacity all ready for today and there going to crashing out ..
Opening market is super slow...
Jumping from the FC is super slow but it completes..
Dropping to station is slow as hell...

Ta to whom ever loaded...

Edit had no issue Jumping it in near station local planets... guess because it's still only Thursday...
Edit 2 B6 should now be empty...

Last edited:
Hit a snag trying to unload this dam FC...

Server won't let you for Ages on PS4, over capacity all ready for today and there going to crashing out ..
Opening market is super slow...
Jumping from the FC is super slow but it completes..
Dropping to station is slow as hell...

Ta to whom ever loaded...
Jumping seems weird today - I've had the game freeze three times while entering SC. Not completely freezing, just stuck in the "entering tunnel" graphic. Also the usual lottery with the "which FC will your target lock randomly switch to once you enter/leave supercruise?" game :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I loaded you up a couple of times before you jumped, and have unloaded thrice - much appreciated, CMDR! Let's get these Scriveners freed up and on their way (y)

o7

Creeping ahead, even. I'm amazed.
Guess the other side's relogfest really isn't appealing. :)
Honestly, I don't mind the data relog - I can do it in the background while watching TV or something. I picked the Scrivener side 'cos Orion don't really seem like nice folks, and they forgot to bribe me with shiny new modules :D

Jumping seems weird today - I've had the game freeze three times while entering SC. Not completely freezing, just stuck in the "entering tunnel" graphic. Also the usual lottery with the "which FC will your target lock randomly switch to once you enter/leave supercruise?" game :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I loaded you up a couple of times before you jumped, and have unloaded thrice - much appreciated, CMDR! Let's get these Scriveners freed up and on their way (y)

o7
Ta.. Need to divert and dump of the mining items on FC then will have more room for tomorrow...

Need to put up the 'Ian' signal - he would know. I think it'll be fine. But I have no clue :)
Unfortunately, with all three trade goods involved in this CG being regional ones which Colonia doesn't produce ... I have no solid information whatsoever on what either their restock rates, production caps or BGS dependencies are. So there's going to be a fair bit of guesswork here.

The first priority should be to grab all the existing supplies up - EDDB is still reporting high quantities of Power Convertor. No point on leaving things on the market and losing potential regeneration.

After that, what you ideally want is large-pad stations where their ten minute regeneration cycle produces >800t of cargo. Even better, find two of them in the same general area.
Looking at an EDDB dump from last weekend, Power Convertor looks like the best all round in this respect - several stations with 6-figure initial supplies and plenty more with high 5-figure.

Power Convertor is also the commodity of the three with the lowest galactic average price, which would be likely to give it the fastest restock rate. The full production cycle probably won't be more than 2 days, which is excellent news.

al-Haytham City in Belobog is probably the best, with Gamow Orbital in Chaxiraxi being almost as good. Making a very rough guess at restock rates, I would expect them both to have ten-minute production of at least 500t per refresh once their initial stocks run down. That's plenty. Remember that everyone at a station in those ten minutes gets to independently buy that basic production, so the more people working on this the better - there is no limit on how much cargo you can collectively obtain in ten minutes this way! With a large enough number of people doing this, this CG with its low baseline tonnage actually biases towards the trade side.

Good news, they're both close to the main star and not that far apart. So, probably the optimal strategy (once initial stocks run down) is this:
- park a carrier next to one of them (doesn't really matter which)
- alternate trips AlHaytham-Carrier-Gamow-Carrier [1] until the carrier is full (you can probably do either leg of this in slightly less than ten minutes, especially if you coordinate wing nav-locks, and therefore get to buy up cargo a bit faster - and with rather more interest - than just sitting on the pad would do)
- go and unload the carrier, repeat

Good luck!

[1] EDIT: if I'm overestimating the production cycle, and you only get 300-400t a round, loop AlHaytham-Gamow-Carrier instead

Last edited:
The Inara prediction right now is that the Scrivener CG will be 19% complete at the end of its week, and the Orion one 29%. That's not too bad considering, but nothing like the uptake on the Colonia Bridge Phase II which was 100% in, what, two and a half days?

The game shows 522 contributors for Scriveners versus 361 for Orion, and despite having so many more contributors they're still 10% behind. (Not that these are amazing numbers for either side.)

It does appear that success is rather slanted towards Orion.
  • short supercruise at destination versus longer
  • only data inventory space needed vs cargo capable ships
    • this means that data can be carried by a tiny ship optimised for long jump range which a cargo hauler can't manage. "Any idiot in a sidewinder" as someone said yesterday.
  • data is not lost if ships destroyed or pirated, whereas cargo is
  • data doesn't even attract NPC pirates but cargo does
  • Data trader services are a thing. Cargo not so much. (I believe you can trade the particular data needed here? Happy to be corrected if not).
  • Data is not tied into an economy - can be obtained just by scanning randomly generated NPC ships. Finite (although slowly replenishing) supply of cargo across galaxy.
I don't have a problem with either CG on its own - but they don't seem suitable for pitting against each other.

Looking pretty even so far - data has a slight edge

1637315941302.png

ofc if we run out of cargo we won't catch up, and the majority of players won't turn up until the weekend, so who knows what they will do when faced with data grinding vs probably only a handful of cargo locations. At the moment looks like neither will complete, but data ones are hard to predict.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom