Surface Features - Barnacles/Unknown Structures/Crashed Ships etc...

Oh, I'd forgotten about this thread.

I've been dumping loads of screenshots of these awesome new Thargoid attacked planetary bases over in the Screenie(s) thread if anyone is interested:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/424051-Screenie(s)-v2?p=6831856&viewfull=1#post6831856

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/424051-Screenie(s)-v2?p=6834783&viewfull=1#post6834783

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/424051-Screenie(s)-v2?p=6838573&viewfull=1#post6838573

I also had a bit of an "adventure" at the Penal Colony this morning which I wrote up over here:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...vs-Thargoid)?p=6841815&viewfull=1#post6841815

Lastly, I've been maintaining a list of these (along with numerous other interesting settlements, installations, etc) over here:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-game-assets?p=4723412&viewfull=1#post4723412

Been to a few Thargoid Structures recently and they make more background sounds. Not just the creaking and salad noises (as I call them), there's now groaning and gargling going on. Also more of the gas vents are spread around than I have seen before. Fun detail: When jumping over a gas vent with your SRV, you get blown away by the exhaust. That's a new one, too. Every structure I have been to has a Thargoid Uplink outside for the structure scan waypoint. It's on one of the branches of the inner ring more on the top of the crater summit. Or you can just park in front of one of the doors, select the uplink from your contacts and then scan through the wall. Just waiting for when we will have some actual use for the data you get from them.

Eagle Eye pointed to some new stuff this week : all on Outotz ST-I d9-6 2 a

Barnacle forests are at 55.50 // -85.65 and 76.22 // -78.36.
Thargoid Structure at 54.0322//-126.0125 (inactive)

It was reported that someone entered Thargoid structure. Will check in 10 mins.

first NHSS T8 - thargoid probe
second NHSS T8 - Hydra - dead in seconds
Third NHSS T9 - Hydra and Scouts - dead, I should stop doing this...

Barnacle spikes at Thargoid structure. I do not recall Ive seen them before?
And "Gardeners" flying really high with red tails.
This place is weird.
Can You believe I forgot my SRV at Gnosis?

Artistic exercise to figure out actual size:

BvyVNTH.jpg

Cannot recall, looks more developed on the surface.
Will continue tomorrow.

Edit: DATA:
- Thargoid Structure Data
- Thargoid Residue Data Encoded

- Thargoid Uplink device - yellowish cloud particles
- Cocoon bones, bones, undamaged spikes (developed)
- Ripe EGGS/SPORES ? outside, unopened , 2 rows x 3
- Barnacle spikes
- No green smoke, but jellow/orange center ground around the center (uplink particles)

Last edited:
I was able to enter the structure, by having a UA in my SRV cargo. The interior was mostly destroyed/caved in but there were some Thargoid uplink devices, which I was able to scan. Lots of barnacle spikes as said above, some MAs and materials to be had. Also a canister-like thing which scanned as "Thargoid Resin" which I've not seen before.

So the Gnosis was redirected to a system which conveniently has "Interesting Things" that Canonn have been probing and investigating for a year. Are the Thargoids baiting us? It's the sort of thing we might have done - observe what activities the species is interested in, then set up an experiment to see if we react as expected, or if we have different behaviour.

We are in a controlled experiment by the Thargoids! :eek:

.... but I can't help it. I must now find more Ammonia worlds around the Cone Sector to find more Thargoid Structures... it is in my nature.

Last edited:
So the Gnosis was redirected to a system which conveniently has "Interesting Things" that Canonn have been probing and investigating for a year. Are the Thargoids baiting us? It's the sort of thing we might have done - observe what activities the species is interested in, then set up an experiment to see if we react as expected, or if we have different behaviour.

We are in a controlled experiment by the Thargoids! :eek:

.... but I can't help it. I must now find more Ammonia worlds around the Cone Sector to find more Thargoid Structures... it is in my nature.

It feels like the Thargoids wanted us in this specific system. The Damage done to The Gnosis is far less than most attacked megaships. It's like they have just disabled the drives, to keep us in the region.

One structure, suggests that there are lots more in the area. If we can find an active one, the ball will start to roll.

I also have a feeling that Galnet hints that feeding Hydras with MA is a good idea(Stick to NHS8 if you do this. Scouts are never friendly).

It feels like the Thargoids wanted us in this specific system. The Damage done to The Gnosis is far less than most attacked megaships. It's like they have just disabled the drives, to keep us in the region.

One structure, suggests that there are lots more in the area. If we can find an active one, the ball will start to roll.

I also have a feeling that Galnet hints that feeding Hydras with MA is a good idea(Stick to NHS8 if you do this. Scouts are never friendly).

If you mean Fdev when you say Thargoids, ok maybe.
Think they placed this there after they knew about the Gnosis trying to go into Cone sector. The framerate drops alot on the planet, so i think the coding wasnt done well... i normslly always just feed or scan the interceptors. I should be friendly with them lol

I was able to enter the structure, by having a UA in my SRV cargo. The interior was mostly destroyed/caved in but there were some Thargoid uplink devices, which I was able to scan. Lots of barnacle spikes as said above, some MAs and materials to be had. Also a canister-like thing which scanned as "Thargoid Resin" which I've not seen before.

Resion, Tech Samples and Bio matter are all normal for Structures.

So if anyone is hunting for more Thargoid Structures (coz I suck at it) here's a list systems near where the Gnosis is with Ammonia-things in them courtesy of EDDB
Ammonia Worlds
Outotz YK-V c16-0
Outotz SP-M c21-0

Gas Giants W/Ammonia Based Life
Body SystemDistanceRef
Outotz LS-K d8-3 B 6 Outotz LS-K d8-3Gas giant with ammonia-based life309,525 ls151.75 ly
Outotz FX-R c18-0 4 Outotz FX-R c18-0Gas giant with ammonia-based life478 ls92.75 ly
Outotz WZ-G d10-7 A 8 Outotz WZ-G d10-7Gas giant with ammonia-based life3,863 ls65.39 ly
Outotz WZ-G d10-7 B 9 Outotz WZ-G d10-7Gas giant with ammonia-based life99,344 ls65.39 ly
Outotz KT-D b40-0 AB 2 Outotz KT-D b40-0Gas giant with ammonia-based life862 ls70.00 ly
Outotz NI-R c18-2 3 Outotz NI-R c18-2Gas giant with ammonia-based life1,026 ls45.54 ly
Outotz HH-T c17-2 10 Outotz HH-T c17-2Gas giant with ammonia-based life2,464 ls46.06 ly
Outotz GC-H b38-0 3 Outotz GC-H b38-0Gas giant with ammonia-based life355 ls98.40 ly
Outotz OD-R c18-1 A 1 Outotz OD-R c18-1Gas giant with ammonia-based life3,001 ls83.77 ly
Outotz HY-D b40-0 2 Outotz HY-D b40-0Gas giant with ammonia-based life2,293 ls45.23 ly
Outotz XG-H b38-0 2 Outotz XG-H b38-0Gas giant with ammonia-based life710 ls31.03 ly
Outotz VZ-N c20-1 A 4 Outotz VZ-N c20-1Gas giant with ammonia-based life1,841 ls113.63 ly
Outotz XP-N c20-0 B 1 Outotz XP-N c20-0Gas giant with ammonia-based life20,220 ls109.47 ly
Outotz HN-F b39-0 6 Outotz HN-F b39-0Gas giant with ammonia-based life1,091 ls76.86 ly
Outotz CD-F b39-0 11 Outotz CD-F b39-0Gas giant with ammonia-based life1,339 ls111.80 ly

Hey thanks for the list Jmanis :), I will look over it sometime soon & link it in my TS thread (link in sig) [up].

Btw Rixaeton & anyone else interested in searching for new TSs, check out my thread regarding it (if you haven't already ;)), link in sig :).

EE gave co-ordinates for the TS?

Last edited:
I put this here for anybody who may find it useful (click on the images to enlarge):

OUTOTZ ST-I D9-6 2 A - Thargoid structure - Overview (north = upper side)

OUTOTZ ST-I D9-6 2 A - Thargoid structure central building - view from southern side

Video:
[video=youtube;RE4vO2M3lg0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE4vO2M3lg0[/video]

OUTOTZ ST-I D9-6 2 A - Barnacle forest - Overview (north = upper side)

OUTOTZ ST-I D9-6 2 A - Barnacle forest tourist hotspot

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the list Jmanis :), I will look over it sometime soon & link it in my TS thread (link in sig) [up].

Btw Rixaeton & anyone else interested in searching for new TSs, check out my thread regarding it (if you haven't already ;)), link in sig :).

EE gave co-ordinates for the TS?

Good work :)

Yep - I have poked around a bit. I actually tried a brief scan of 2 a at the start as it looked like a good candidate, but I did not find it before it was announced.

Something different: The temperature of Outotz ST-I d9-6 2 a is well outside the expected range, I can't remember exactly but it was over 300K. EDIT: Yep I see you noticed it too. It might be an anomaly as the site may be manually placed, and the the temperature criteria was not followed?
Also, I can't remember if the original TS sites around Merope had "leaves" on the ground, but the new one does.

Last edited:
Something different: The temperature of Outotz ST-I d9-6 2 a is well outside the expected range, I can't remember exactly but it was over 300K.

New TS sites looks more "completed" in terms of recycling process. There are either clean "bones", or healthy organs without missing parts. Only one "wing" is missing its top, no damaged organs on the site.

It is too hard for me to compare the size of "cockpit" bones with live Interceptors.

Last edited:
Interesting, I haven't heard the terminology of 'bones' & 'organs' used before for the TSs, what exactly do you mean by that?

Rixaeton
I do remember talk of 'leaves' before regarding TSs, but I don't recall how consistent this is.

Top Bottom