Surface Features - Barnacles/Unknown Structures/Crashed Ships etc...

I was able to enter the structure, by having a UA in my SRV cargo. The interior was mostly destroyed/caved in but there were some Thargoid uplink devices, which I was able to scan. Lots of barnacle spikes as said above, some MAs and materials to be had. Also a canister-like thing which scanned as "Thargoid Resin" which I've not seen before.

How far were you actually able to penetrate into the structure? I helped a group get in tonight and for both of the openable portals, the tunnel was blocked by cave-in just a few meters past the threshold. We couldn't get into the interior tunnels at all. Is that consistent with what you saw?

I do have concerns that this may be a single, manually placed Thargoid Structure... but I'm *trying* not to metagame it in my head...

Things going against it at the moment.
- There's only NHSS in the Gnosis system, nowhere else.
- Parameters of TS placement are outside the usual parameters. This is consistent with the parameters of some of the first Barnacle discoveries. Most barnacles are found on planets matching certain conditions... but some of the early ones are way out of that.
- it's an inactive TS, so it guarantees not linking elsewhere.

How far were you actually able to penetrate into the structure? I helped a group get in tonight and for both of the openable portals, the tunnel was blocked by cave-in just a few meters past the threshold. We couldn't get into the interior tunnels at all. Is that consistent with what you saw?

Yes, that’s what I found. The uplink devices were in the tunnels before the caved-in sections, and one higher-up if I remember correctly.

Interesting, I haven't heard the terminology of 'bones' & 'organs' used before for the TSs, what exactly do you mean by that?

Rixaeton
I do remember talk of 'leaves' before regarding TSs, but I don't recall how consistent this is.

Picture instead of bad grammar:
[SPOILER]
Ikla7fy.jpg

[/SPOILER]

Last edited:
Some impressions from the structure on OUTOTZ ST-I D9-6 2 A

The ambient audio is much louder than i remember from previous sites, with various layers of organic chirps, bubblings and pulses, and the occasional roar and snarl. The roars sound like barnacle audio but at higher pitch (lion and elephant-like, rather than whale). Flying around with the camera, seems like different audio layers are coming from different places in the area. Creates a pretty cacophonous and spooky sound.

The Thargoid uplinks also add to the soundscape, with purrs and chirps that are close in character to the UA. I do not believe there's any code in there though, just ambient audio.

More Scavengers here than i've seen at other sites, swarm of 6 attacked at once (after i had killed a few others.)

Also more meta-alloys here than i've seen at other sites, 5 outside and seemingly a few inside too - have no UA on board so can't get inside to check.

Please help me: was it ever discussed here or somewhere (links?) why most of the Thargoid Bases we have found showed signs of a Thargoid attack? :S

Please help me: was it ever discussed here or somewhere (links?) why most of the Thargoid Bases we have found showed signs of a Thargoid attack? :S
Don't remember seeing discussion about exactly that. But it would point to the Oresrians/Klaxians fighting hinted at some official E: D novels.

Scanning uplinks at the Pleiades sites sometimes resulted in snippets of data, and if i remember correctly some of those scans metioned a Mycoid presence.

So I'd infer from that the structures there were degrading as a result of the human-made bio-weapon from the previous war.

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Mycoid

When Thargoid Sites thing kicked off in earnest, there was evidence of a Spec Ops outfit (PSJ-17) working in the area whose task had been monitoring Mycoid levels in the surface bases - implying that the sites had been dormant in the years since the war, and they had been kept under surveillance.

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Flight

*If you mean the green goo and damage around some thargoid sites, I think that is just their version of blood (or mechanical fluid). A similar neon green goo can be seen seeping up at barnacle sites.

Last edited:
Excellent review, thanks.

I am quite confident that "barnacle forest" is in fact single organism (not separate barnacle organisms), and that final size of of that organism matches the size of TS (so TSs are built/grown on barnacles). Will provide arguments soon - observations and coding reasons.

I was expecting huge "ball-like" organism, until I recalled there is a in-game limit how deep into the ground assets can be placed , so I speculate FD flattened "the Barnacle ball". TS and barnacles are sharing common design origin. IMHO.

Last edited:
Is the Thargoid Structure on Outotz ST-I D9-6 2 A bugged or something? Just jumped into system (having scanned it before), marked with a POI but no name on it.

Is the Thargoid Structure on Outotz ST-I D9-6 2 A bugged or something? Just jumped into system (having scanned it before), marked with a POI but no name on it.

I have the same right from the initial scan.

Did it ever have a proper name in the panel?

I wonder if a consequence of manual placement

Still the Barnacles show up correctly

My google foo is failing me

Can anyone advise where the list of criteria for a planet to host barnacles and/or Thargoid Structures?

I am currently bumbling about looking for other candidates to search.

I knowthink the structures it is having an Ammonia world or Gas Giant with Ammonia life

Top Bottom