Surface Features - Barnacles/Unknown Structures/Crashed Ships etc...

Is the Thargoid Structure on Outotz ST-I D9-6 2 A bugged or something? Just jumped into system (having scanned it before), marked with a POI but no name on it.

As of now - stealth fix: "Unknown Structure Scan" in Nav panel, still inactive
????????

Last edited:

My google foo is failing me

Can anyone advise where the list of criteria for a planet to host barnacles and/or Thargoid Structures?

I am currently bumbling about looking for other candidates to search.

I knowthink the structures it is having an Ammonia world or Gas Giant with Ammonia life

this is the person you want to talk to Assimilator1 and this is the post they have about the candidate systems https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...argoid-sites?p=5882056&viewfull=1#post5882056

got a lot of good info there

Thanks, sharp eye. Dont know if those red dots are scavenger healing or recycling infected tissue or those are wounds from the weapons. Thargoid war could fit.
Really nice catch.

I am hanging around Outotz ST-I D9-6 4 for quite some time now. Lots of new variations of Threat 8 (at least for me) in artistic sense. Got inspiration to go there from Gnosis future flight plan.

Last edited:
[edit] Ah thanks Th3 0utKa5t, just seen your reply ;).

My google foo is failing me

Can anyone advise where the list of criteria for a planet to host barnacles and/or Thargoid Structures?

I am currently bumbling about looking for other candidates to search.

I knowthink the structures it is having an Ammonia world or Gas Giant with Ammonia life

For Thargoid structures check out my thread linked in my sig. I've collated various TS data, & with help added data about them.
Re Barnacles, check out this thread

Yes, the red dots are Scavangers doing their healing work.

Always found this fascinating. The attention to detail in this game is amazing. This is a little video I made of the scavengers doing their thing.

[video=youtube;GDUVXQ6yqsw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDUVXQ6yqsw[/video]

So the Gnosis was redirected to a system which conveniently has "Interesting Things" that Canonn have been probing and investigating for a year. Are the Thargoids baiting us? It's the sort of thing we might have done - observe what activities the species is interested in, then set up an experiment to see if we react as expected, or if we have different behaviour.

We are in a controlled experiment by the Thargoids! :eek:

.... but I can't help it. I must now find more Ammonia worlds around the Cone Sector to find more Thargoid Structures... it is in my nature.

What ever gave you that idea? ;)
iopv59Xg_400x400.jpg

It just occurred to me that the significance of the probes could also for seeding planets. I suspect in the not too distant future these Ammonia worlds the Thargoids are collecting become Thargoids themselves as a massive Thargoid organism. Medusas would be the least of our worries. ;)

Last edited:
There are several aspects I would like to see improved or added to surface missions and explorations -
1) More surface hazards - moving rocks under your treads - rock slides traversing inclines - earthquakes and other tectonic anomalies - higher fog density in depressions and canyons - volcanic activity and lava flows - active/recent meteor strikes -
2) At least 3 SRV's - The Basic for SRV combat (2 slots) - Explorer (Medium) with 6 slots and Prospector (large) with 10 -
3) MultiCrew SRV use for the available 2 and 4 SRV's purchase -
4) More varied discoveries - at this time we have rare Skimmer guarded crash sites -
5) At one time we had attackable surface installations -
6) Harder surface scan missions -

add your fantasy here >>>

There are several aspects I would like to see improved or added to surface missions and explorations -
1) More surface hazards - moving rocks under your treads - rock slides traversing inclines - earthquakes and other tectonic anomalies - higher fog density in depressions and canyons - volcanic activity and lava flows - active/recent meteor strikes -
2) At least 3 SRV's - The Basic for SRV combat (2 slots) - Explorer (Medium) with 6 slots and Prospector (large) with 10 -
3) MultiCrew SRV use for the available 2 and 4 SRV's purchase -
4) More varied discoveries - at this time we have rare Skimmer guarded crash sites -
5) At one time we had attackable surface installations -
6) Harder surface scan missions -

add your fantasy here >>>

I actually had an idea the other day about another SRV. A Remote Mining Vehicle that you could drop off, pilot remotely and come back to collect the materials/cargo at a later point. Kind of an expansion of the old mobile mining rig idea, but easier to deal with since as an SRV, you could load it into your ship with the existing mechanics.

Since Frontier have opted NOT to go with any kind of player persistence in the galaxy, that's all moot anyway.

I actually had an idea the other day about another SRV. A Remote Mining Vehicle that you could drop off, pilot remotely and come back to collect the materials/cargo at a later point. Kind of an expansion of the old mobile mining rig idea, but easier to deal with since as an SRV, you could load it into your ship with the existing mechanics.

Since Frontier have opted NOT to go with any kind of player persistence in the galaxy, that's all moot anyway.

If we accept that it isn't persistent but re-spawns when you return to it's location, it's absolutely doable.

If we accept that it isn't persistent but re-spawns when you return to it's location, it's absolutely doable.

That'd work, provided it doesn't sink into the ground or get tossed up into the air. I'm still seeing issues with objects and terrain. The last Guardian site I went to, everything was hovering a meter above the ground.

That'd work, provided it doesn't sink into the ground or get tossed up into the air. I'm still seeing issues with objects and terrain. The last Guardian site I went to, everything was hovering a meter above the ground.

Ha ha. Not seeing much of that any more, but it does happen.

The moving mining SRV is actually a pretty good idea, when it comes to non-persistent, deplorable equipment. If someone else goes to the place an does not see it, it could just be because it moved somewhere else.
Not being persistent would have minimal impact on the game play for such a device.

Ha ha. Not seeing much of that any more, but it does happen.

The moving mining SRV is actually a pretty good idea, when it comes to non-persistent, deplorable equipment. If someone else goes to the place an does not see it, it could just be because it moved somewhere else.
Not being persistent would have minimal impact on the game play for such a device.

Persistant in the sense that the server keeps track of it, how long it's been mining and how much material has been collected. I even thought it could be used for engineering material collection, or commodity mining. The latter would have to expand minerals on planets to include those commodities. Ice, Titanium, Gold, etc.

It'd also give Frontier a reason to add in another SRV, which is something they said they planned to do awhile ago, but never followed up.

]Persistant in the sense that the server keeps track of it, how long it's been mining and how much material has been collected. I even thought it could be used for engineering material collection, or commodity mining. The latter would have to expand minerals on planets to include those commodities. Ice, Titanium, Gold, etc.

It'd also give Frontier a reason to add in another SRV, which is something they said they planned to do awhile ago, but never followed up.

srv.png

Cool as that looks :) (is it from Aliens?), it would be a totally impractical off road vehicle as it has little ground clearance & little wheel clearance, it would just get beached on rocks & ridges etc.

The vehicle in the pic Exoforce posted (Fdev pic?) would fair better, but it's severely top heavy & would easily topple over on moderate slopes.

Received one of those "tips" about a crashed site and valuable cargo. On advice, up to now I've always binned them as not worth the effort, but followed this one to Balte, body 1A, where I found what appeared to be a crashed Asp. The cargo strewn about was definitely not worth it (couple of cans of fruit & veg) but I heard the Tharg-style warblings and so-on and decided to hang around.

I found a Thargoid Sensor on the ground. I take it this is the "valuable" bit - but so far, all my findings via Google tell me that in fact, there's nothing I can do with it. I did race back home for my corrosion-resistant rack and loaded it into my DBX, where it currently sits as I return 'home'. But what can I actually do with it? Especially without a probe as well?

Seems a bit of a waste to me. I read that it carrying it will make me wanted in every system and that I can't use it (without a probe) or sell it. So why?

Think in future I'll keep on deleting those "tips".

Thargsense.jpg

PS - if anyone wants it let me know - but after this evening (UK time) it's gone. I hang around Shinrarta Dezhra area and I'm in Mobius group..

Last edited:
Top Bottom