targeting next system in plotted route?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hi is there any way to do this without going back into the galaxy map? I sometimes go off exploring, see something interesting in the system and select it to travel to it, but then want to select the next system in my plotted route to carry on my journey. Is there a shortcut on the controller to do this ?

It would also be nice if there were Next and Previous keys in the Galaxy Map, so you could step through your journey and see what systems it's plotted for you, rather than having to fight with the camera.

There's a key bind in the control settings.

Oh...I must have missed it...I did look through the control settings , using it set to classic, but didn't spot it. Thanks...Will check in the morning...time for some shuteye.....I am tired, maybe explains why I missed it !

If you open the Target panel (X + Left Direction pad) and scroll thru navigation your previous plotted route will have a multijump symbol on it

There's a key bind in the control settings.

Ok - I looked through the preset controller options and even went through the custom options. On any there is no key bind for targeting the next system in a plotted route listed. I even held the buttons for their context sensitive options and nothing there either. Could you tell me what key this function is bound to?

If you open the Target panel (X + Left Direction pad) and scroll thru navigation your previous plotted route will have a multijump symbol on it

Tru, but not if you manually select another item on the map to check it out..

I ran into the same problems.

Once you select a object to check out, your plotted route is gone. and you need to configure it again.

Tru, but not if you manually select another item on the map to check it out..

I ran into the same problems.

Once you select a object to check out, your plotted route is gone. and you need to configure it again.

This used to happen on the PC version which I also have but not the Xbox version, they fixed it before porting over. (At least it wasn't wiping my route from the galaxy map last time I was exploring which was late Thursday.) The route us still there if you look in the galaxymap, just the next system is not targeted after targeting in the system map. I have been going back in to the galaxy map and having to select the next system in my route. As long as I don't target anything it is fine and I can continue on my plotted route. But what is the point of that if you are exploring? You have to select other planetary bodies to detail surface scan them.

In the PC there is an option to bind a control to re-select the next system to continue on your route without having to go through menus or go back to the galaxy map. I basically want the option to bind this function to the Xbox controller, or have the devs map it for us in the present controls. Makes exploring more streamlined than having to constantly go back and do it manually every time you scan a planet.

Last edited:
Hi is there any way to do this without going back into the galaxy map? I sometimes go off exploring, see something interesting in the system and select it to travel to it, but then want to select the next system in my plotted route to carry on my journey. Is there a shortcut on the controller to do this ?
Look at the list of systems(not in the Galaxy map), one should have the plot route icon near it just hit A and lock it.

Last edited:

In the navigation tab the next system on your selected route will have a symbol next to it and you can select it there. I would link a picture of the symbol but I'm on my phone

In the navigation tab the next system on your selected route will have a symbol next to it and you can select it there. I would link a picture of the symbol but I'm on my phone

Thanks for the help guys, but I don't think I explained myself very well in my original post. I want the option I have in PC version and that is to 're-select next system again without going in to galaxy map or nav panel. A bit like how you can target highest threat or next subsystem on enemy targets now, I wanted/was wondering if the function existed. Obviously not but there are a couple of key binds with nothing assigned to them. Would be good if devs provided the option on presets, or at least gave the option to bind it to something in the custom menu.

Last edited:
This used to happen on the PC version which I also have but not the Xbox version, they fixed it before porting over. (At least it wasn't wiping my route from the galaxy map last time I was exploring which was late Thursday.) The route us still there if you look in the galaxymap, just the next system is not targeted after targeting in the system map. I have been going back in to the galaxy map and having to select the next system in my route. As long as I don't target anything it is fine and I can continue on my plotted route. But what is the point of that if you are exploring? You have to select other planetary bodies to detail surface scan them.

In the PC there is an option to bind a control to re-select the next system to continue on your route without having to go through menus or go back to the galaxy map. I basically want the option to bind this function to the Xbox controller, or have the devs map it for us in the present controls. Makes exploring more streamlined than having to constantly go back and do it manually every time you scan a planet.

Indeed, i was wrong. Its still there..

This has probably been solved by now for the initial poster and maybe this solution didn't exist at the time of writing.. but for future visitors, 'now' the option is in the key bindings at the bottom of the 'targeting' category. It's called "Target next system in route"

1589392973313.png

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom