Targets flees, to body 200,000 Ls away? thanks fdev

If there's a secondary star 100k+ ls away it may get chosen for the USS spawn, even though there may be no civilization that far out to justify it being chosen.

I hate our SC speed limit and how it creates 10+ minutes of straight line flying (or the most extreme ones like Hutton). I also think it's a wasted opportunity on wake scanners - they could allow you to jump to the nearest body of your target, considering how the NPCs simply teleport instead of providing a proper supercruise chase opportunity.

For the f sake. The game is in most part procedurally generated. Mission parts are randomised based on area they are generated in.
One time you get it easy, other times you might encounter some not ideal configuration if certain unfavourable variables coincide. Thanks to that every mission can be different, even if it's basically the same template used.
That's how this game works, so just get a grip and stop complaining about trivial things. You can always abandon mission if you don't like it and move somewhere else, or just play along.

It's mad to me that people are complaining about having to fly their spaceship in a game that's fundamentally about flying spaceships.

🤷‍♂️
"Point and wait" is a pretty boring way to fly a spaceship. It would be nice if there were more active ways for us to be involved in supercruise, but people are complaining because waiting is a pretty poor gameplay mechanic.

"Point and wait" is a pretty boring way to fly a spaceship. It would be nice if there were more active ways for us to be involved in supercruise, but people are complaining because waiting is a pretty poor gameplay mechanic.
I have a very nice hot hatch. (Golf R. Modded. Whee!). It's a lot of fun to drive on tight, twisty roads. Sometimes I have to drive on the motorway. Straight line. Bit boring. Oh well.

I refer you to the post above mine, which puts it better than I have. It's a computer game that occasionally creates a "these things happen" moment. I've had it happen to me (recently, in Iah Bulu) where I was sent from a mission 60ls from the station to 220k from it. My response was "oh, that's a bit inconvenient, oh well I'll have a quick peek at Reddit or check my materials levels on Inara" as opposed to "OH MY GOD, FRONTIER IS EVIL, I SHALL HEAD TO THE FORUMS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS IMMERSION BREAKING DEBAUCHERY FORTHWITH!"

Can't we shoehorn in some (actually real IRL) Relativistic effects like time dilation and length contraction (which are real effects near the speed of light)?? I mean we are going faster than the speed of light
No. Nor mass increase. The SC drive is like an Alcubierre drive, you're not actually travelling faster than light. Space is being distorted around you.

There is - use a Fleet Carrier for an in-system jump.

There does seem to be a tendency for some missions to spawn POIs about as far away from you as it possibly can. If I fly out to that POI and then relog or lose connection, upon returning the POI will magically respawn at the opposite end of the system. If it's a single-star system, this is usually right by the entry point, just to taunt me.

It doesn't challenge anything except my playtime. Just a timesink.
For space based missions I try to menu log a few times to avoid these 100kLs or longer trips if I need to do missions in a system like that for BGS reasons. Can this work for POI-based odyssey stuff too?

I have a very nice hot hatch. (Golf R. Modded. Whee!). It's a lot of fun to drive on tight, twisty roads. Sometimes I have to drive on the motorway. Straight line. Bit boring. Oh well.

I refer you to the post above mine, which puts it better than I have. It's a computer game that occasionally creates a "these things happen" moment. I've had it happen to me (recently, in Iah Bulu) where I was sent from a mission 60ls from the station to 220k from it. My response was "oh, that's a bit inconvenient, oh well I'll have a quick peek at Reddit or check my materials levels on Inara" as opposed to "OH MY GOD, FRONTIER IS EVIL, I SHALL HEAD TO THE FORUMS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS IMMERSION BREAKING DEBAUCHERY FORTHWITH!"

Not convinced adding hyperbole is going to persuade anyone to change their mind, only to persuade them you don't empathise.

It is what it is, it could be better in a way that wouldn't make the game worse for anyone. In your Volkswagen mid-range hatchback I expect you probably listen to music or the radio on boring motorway runs.

There is - use a Fleet Carrier for an in-system jump.
Not quite what I meant, in fact Carriers are practically just the mobile game timer I was talking about before. Allowing people to freely jump to other stars in the system without spending five billion credits would be a pretty neat solution, though. I don't believe a carrier would be viable for hunting down mission POIs anyway - leaving the system to go and get on it would cause the mission POI to vanish and respawn elsewhere when you arrived.

Not convinced adding hyperbole is going to persuade anyone to change their mind, only to persuade them you don't empathise.
See, you say that, and then you go and refer to my R as a mid-range hatchback. HOW VERY DARE YOU!!!

(And yes I do listen to music more or less constantly in the car... I wonder if the OP is aware of the enjoyable Galnet audio option to accompany an egg during these trying times?)

See, you say that, and then you go and refer to my R as a mid-range hatchback. HOW VERY DARE YOU!!!

(And yes I do listen to music more or less constantly in the car... I wonder if the OP is aware of the enjoyable Galnet audio option to accompany an egg during these trying times?)

Now I'm not sure if you actually know what hyperbole is. Exaggeration. The opposite of how I described your car.

On trips like that I like to see how fast I end up going and then convert it to the TNG warp scale. It adds drama. “Set an intercept course, warp 7!”

Not quite what I meant, in fact Carriers are practically just the mobile game timer I was talking about before. Allowing people to freely jump to other stars in the system without spending five billion credits would be a pretty neat solution, though. I don't believe a carrier would be viable for hunting down mission POIs anyway - leaving the system to go and get on it would cause the mission POI to vanish and respawn elsewhere when you arrived.
You can fly the FC to the system you are in, without needing to go to it. Just order it via the Navigation function in the FC management screen.

Top Bottom