Tech Broker goodies

For years i completely forgotten about this facility at starports.
Which (human rated) modules/weapons are a decent or even must have buy ?
And, for the time taken in collecting all the mats, what's the top five ?

i am Flimley

While I know you asked for Human-related unlocks, I'd suggest getting the corrosive-resistant cargo rack at the brokers while you're at it. I don't really mess with Thargoids or their stuff much, but they have still come in handy enough times over the years that I felt they were worth the effort to unlock.

Caustic resistant cargo racks, pre engineered FSDs and surface scanners are top of my list.
I contemplate unlocking the double engineered missiles every so often.
are the pre engineered FSD's the ones that slightly out perform normal FSD's once the specials are added?

Flimley

They outperform my old engineered FSDs straight out of the box. Even more with mass manager.
Ah yes thanks for this info. I have a couple from when they were first offered, as a reward for something? I didn't know these we're generally available! many thanks

Flimley

Ah yes thanks for this info. I have a couple from when they were first offered, as a reward for something? I didn't know these we're generally available! many thanks

Flimley
Only the size 5 which was the original one offered is available the other sizes which were rewards for participating in the Colonia Bridge CGs aren't much to disgust of some commanders.

are the pre engineered FSD's the ones that slightly out perform normal FSD's once the specials are added?
After adding the "mass manager" experimental, a pre-engineered 5A FSDv1 will give approximately 5 LY more jump range for most ships that fit a class-5 FSD, compared to a normal fully-engineered + mass manager 5A FSD.

(AFAIK this is because the FSDv1 is "double-engineered": It unusually has both the "increased range" and "faster boot sequence" modifications, the latter also adding a bit to the jump range. This isn't possible via normal means.)

The FSDv1 is a must-have for the Asp Explorer, Diamondback Explorer and the Krait Phantom. (You might also want it for other ships that have a class-5 FSD, such as the Python and the Krait MkII.)

Last edited:
The FSDv1 is a must-have for the Asp Explorer, Diamondback Explorer and the Krait Phantom.
It's a must-have for any ship you use for travelling inside or outside the Bubble. My passenger Orca has it, my combat multimission Chief has it, my Clipper had it before refitting for Titan scavenging. Short boot time makes it desireable for combat ships that have tight power budgets, too. Or for CG-s in open where you might face Grom bombs before bugging out to the system 25ly away where the Mamba murderboats can't follow🙂

So Fletchette launchers could be worth a go. And think I will pick up a couple more FSD's. Nice, thanks everyone. \o/
Maybe the old PP modules will be demoted to the tech brokers in time? After PP2.0 changes have been released.

Flimley

Top Bottom