Tech broker speculation thread

The livestream confirmed that there is going to be an as of yet undisclosed feature called the tech broker which is not the same thing as the material trader. So what is it?

Personally, I think it will be a way for players to get their hands on powerplay modules without having to be part of that power. It will probably either much more expensive or much more difficult to use than getting powerplay module the traditional way is.

We'll be able to craft at any stations blueprints that we pinned from engineers, and I believe we'll be allowed to pin one blueprint per engineer. It's probably the guy that lets us do that.

We'll be able to craft at any stations blueprints that we pinned from engineers, and I believe we'll be allowed to pin one blueprint per engineer. It's probably the guy that lets us do that.

That would be the "remote workshop" in the new station menu, the tech broker seems to be something else.

Most likely that commodity requirements are coming back for engineers and the tech broker will do what the material broker is also doing

The livestream confirmed that there is going to be an as of yet undisclosed feature called the tech broker which is not the same thing as the material trader. So what is it?

Personally, I think it will be a way for players to get their hands on powerplay modules without having to be part of that power. It will probably either much more expensive or much more difficult to use than getting powerplay module the traditional way is.

The only thing I can say is that I am extremely curious about this.

My first thought is that this could be a way of people to buy engineered modules without having to grind for the engineers.

My first thought is that this could be a way of people to buy engineered modules without having to grind for the engineers.

This is my view.

Hopefully it will for example allow you to buy a pre engineered module to say level 3 for large amount of money. That would then reduce the need to grind.

it might also allow people to engineer modules and then sell them to the broker who then passes them onto players.

I wouldn't mind this at all.
I've never felt the motivation to get into PP and don't see that changing very soon either.
The PP locked modules are great wanna haves though and I wouldn't mind spending quite the sum on some of them.
I'm very curious to find out what the Tech Broker exactly is.

Guessing it lets you order modules that are not stocked at your current station at a premium cost. You want some S6 drives but none in the system, talk to your local tech broker for delivery at a cost.

This is my view.

Hopefully it will for example allow you to buy a pre engineered module to say level 3 for large amount of money. That would then reduce the need to grind.

it might also allow people to engineer modules and then sell them to the broker who then passes them onto players.

This was my thought too, somewhere to buy and, hopefully sell engineered modules.

I think the tech broker is the new mechanic that FD is introducing which will give us access to the new weapons and modules based on Guardian technology. Perhaps even some Thargoid technology as well but we shall see.

I hope you guys are on track with these speculations. The op idea of removing special modules rewards from PP would go a long way to restore PP once most people only join and disrupt them to get the rewards. Also if its to offer engineered modules it would be awesome too, reduce grind a bit (maybe).

Probly a way to sell specific commodities.

With "Tech Broker" written at the top.

Like the "Search and Rescue Contact"

Top Bottom