Tech broker speculation thread

My guess for this mysterious "tech broker":

He will buy "unknown tech" from the player. Unknown tech could be things like:

• Unidentifiable Tech Salvage from signal sources or planet surfaces of ship crash sites.
  • Alien Tech Salvage from harvesting alien ships or wreckage, like with the Thargoids (and future aliens).
  • Unknown Tech Salvage from planet surfaces deep in outer space. Explorers could find these while exploring planets and systems, and then return them to this tech broker for huge payouts.

I'm probably way off here, but eh, one can dream!

My guess for this mysterious "tech broker":

He will buy "unknown tech" from the player. Unknown tech could be things like:

• Unidentifiable Tech Salvage from signal sources or planet surfaces of ship crash sites.
  • Alien Tech Salvage from harvesting alien ships or wreckage, like with the Thargoids (and future aliens).
  • Unknown Tech Salvage from planet surfaces deep in outer space. Explorers could find these while exploring planets and systems, and then return them to this tech broker for huge payouts.

I'm probably way off here, but eh, one can dream!

This would be awesome and give all my alien archaeology wet dreams a massive boost.

But mostly concerned it will be purchasable engineered modules, giving in to the very loud moaners who want it to be a shoot'em'up where they can get all the pvp goodies and only use exploits for quick cash.

Most likely that commodity requirements are coming back for engineers and the tech broker will do what the material broker is also doing

Sounds plausible. In the livestream you can clearly see that one of the mission reward options is "nanobreakers," and we know that the Engineers overhaul is coming in the same update. If they weren't planning on bringing back commodity requirements for Engineering, you would *think* that they'd want to remove them from the mission system with this update.

The only reason Im unsure of your interpretation is because (a) you can't really use logic to predict what Frontier will do, and (b) you can already *buy* engineering commodities anyway.

Sorry if it's been said before but wouldn't the Tech Broker be the person to do the Engineer work for you if you have the blueprint pinned?

Sorry if it's been said before but wouldn't the Tech Broker be the person to do the Engineer work for you if you have the blueprint pinned?

Possible, but I don't think it's likely. For one, all the other engineering stuff is in the third livestream, but the Tech broker is scheduled for the second. Another reason is that in the first livestream, you can barely make out a new button under "ship services" called "Remote Workshop" which has an engineering icon. (you can see it here, right behind Sandro's head https://youtu.be/4ocPr8DlBQs?t=26m46s) So it likely that this service is what you are talking about, not the Tech broker.

Reason #1 is also why I don't think "material broker but for commodities" is likely. Why would it be in the second livestream if it was related to engineering?

Most likely that commodity requirements are coming back for engineers and the tech broker will do what the material broker is also doing

Huh, maybe the tech broker is a guy you can sell those engineering commodities to in order to "bank" them, and then you can spend your "banked" tech items when modding modules?

Sounds plausible. In the livestream you can clearly see that one of the mission reward options is "nanobreakers," and we know that the Engineers overhaul is coming in the same update. If they weren't planning on bringing back commodity requirements for Engineering, you would *think* that they'd want to remove them from the mission system with this update.

The only reason Im unsure of your interpretation is because (a) you can't really use logic to predict what Frontier will do, and (b) you can already *buy* engineering commodities anyway.

Actually I take it all back. The Tech broker is going to be discussed in the stream on Thursday, whereas the Engineers aren't being discussed until next tuesday the 23rd. So probably not directly connected to Engineers otherwise I would expect them to discuss both in the same stream.

I'm guessing the tech broker will allow us to buy any modules that are not available in our current station's outfittery at a higher than normal price. It would go along with this new quality of life approach from FD ala the ability to craft a pinned Engineer recipe at any station.

It'd be fantastic if the tech broker is a way to obtain PP modules without the silly arbitrary 4 week wait time plus merit grind but I doubt it because this is Frontier after all.

Actually I take it all back. The Tech broker is going to be discussed in the stream on Thursday, whereas the Engineers aren't being discussed until next tuesday the 23rd. So probably not directly connected to Engineers otherwise I would expect them to discuss both in the same stream.

There you go applying logic to frontier.....

Back
Top Bottom