Ships Thank the maker! I have found a use for this ship, long-term!

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
Finding pristine mining locations is something I want to do as cheaply as possible.

All my mining is done in the bubble, though I might go up to 1000LY out one day.

I just realised that the Sidewinder is perfect for in-bubble exploration on a budget! Shields, fuel scoop, ADS, DSS. It has everything you need!

Buying one later to support my Cobra Mk IV mining business. :D

Small, light, nimble - yes, a fully upgraded Sidewinder is a great runabout for jumping around systems and checking things out.

Once you find that lucrative trade route or RES teeming with wanted pirates, that's when you go back and fetch the heavy equipment. :)

Sidewinders work as runabouts, though I personally prefer Haulers for that role. Greater range, still cheap and disposable.

Deleted member 110222

D
Sidewinders work as runabouts, though I personally prefer Haulers for that role. Greater range, still cheap and disposable.

I get the range thing, but when I scout out the bubble, I'm flying on economical routes to maximise my chances of finding a pristine metallic.

Because of this I prefer the Sidewinder because it's just cheaper overall.

(And I must confess it has one of the best cockpits in the game.)

Nah, I found a much better role for the Sidewinder: System Bookmarks! I buy them at stations that I want to mark on the galaxy map and just leave them in spacedock forever. Makes it real easy to find stations that I periodically return to!

Also useful for storing equipment your "home" station doesn't stock, in my case class 1 mining lasers

Love the Sidie, not getting rid of it. Makes for an excellent scout whenever checking out new and possibly dangerous territory. Being cheap to replace is a big thing. I'm hitting 350+ with boost with my upgrades and the biweave shield + HRP means it's much tougher. The Sidewinder is one of the most underestimated ships in EDH.

Top Bottom