Thank You FDEV for a great game - Some Colonia Questions if I may

Ok this is against the forum rules, but I want to say it.

I just love some of the content of ED and it blows my mind at times in VR
I have done Neutron jumps before and long expeditions, but not in 2 years since i have come back to ED

Well since then Colonia is a place to visit and I had to go to say I have, experience the sights and get the engineers done.

I did the trip to Colonia via the Neutron Highway in my 64ly Asp Explorer and it was an absolutely amazing experience.
The way the background grows on you and fills your field of view as the instancing works out the distances and the drawing of the background. As an ex programmer, I can appreciate how good this is.
Dropping into Neutron stars, being thrown around and some of the system views were breathtaking to say the least.

To top it all, when I reached Colonia, Radio Sidewinder started a banging tune to make it a 3 hour journey well worth the wihile.
So hats off to FDEV for the graphics, the sounds, the views and the mechanics of travelling the galaxy. This is what brings me back to ED time after time.

All that said, without the 3rd party tools like Radio Sidewinder, Inara, Auto Neutron, Spansh to name a few, this game would not be half the game it is. (yes this is a mute and well discussed topic)

So I really enjoyed the 5 hour session tonight and now I am parked up in Colonia.

What are the MUST SEE sights in this region before I do the Engineers and head over to Sag A ?

Last edited:
As for "sights to see in Colonia", if you haven't yet seen a "glowing green giant", there is a nice one just a jump or two from the centre of Colonia. For a spoiler, check out "GGG#4" in the GGG thread.

If you'd rather be shocked and awed by an extremely rare sight without any forewarning of what to expect, don't click the above link, just pop on over to the Eol Prou KW-L c8-32 system, and check out the fourth planet.

About 600LY from Colonia (only a handful of jumps in your Asp) but you might want to sell your exploration data before you go if you're going to attempt a landing.

There are some videos further into the thread.

Quite a few of the stations are worth checking out.
- Foster Terminal in Coeus (better in daytime)
- Bone Yard in Canis Subridens (any time but better with some light)
- Concordia Hub in Edge Fraternity Landing (sadly, only at dawn or dusk, and it's winter in that hemisphere at the moment - try again next year)
- Prisma Renata in Aurora Astrum (better in daytime, if you're really lucky you'll catch a transit)

We have Notable Stellar Phenomena with some interesting life scattered all around the region.

When you unlock the engineers, when you do a blueprint with them to get your rep up, could you make it one of these, please? You can buy the necessary modules in Colonia or Ratraii if you don't already have them.
Marsha Hicks: Cannon, Frag Cannon, Hatchbreaker Limpet or Fuel Limpet
Petra Olmanova: Chaff, AFMU, Torpedo, Mine or ECM
Etienne Dorn: DSS, KWS or Manifest Scanner
Mel Brandon: (doesn't make any difference, all complete)
These blueprints still need some research to get to G5, but you should be able to get to full rep just taking them to G4 and that'll help them get closer to G5. Material traders are in Coeus, Ratraii and Kojeara if you need them.

Mmmm - Umbrella Molluscs in Canonnia allegedly have some interesting samples, and I need to check the crash site in Colonia, as that has a data core - you should check if it's marked as stolen for me - I need some for my salvage collection :)

Knew I had this somewhere:

NBprifx.jpg

Welcome to Colonia. Don't fall for Jaques. If you look for a nice place to stay I can only strongly recommend Bisley Landing in Benzaiten. Some of the stations and megaships in rings also offer quite the view - like Foster Terminal in Coeus.

Don't mind the people trying to inspect you. They had a bit too much Raumkraut and are better avoided. If they tell you that they are some kind of police: edge away slowly, dock up and wait until they have moved on.

Welcome to Colonia. Don't fall for Jaques. If you look for a nice place to stay I can only strongly recommend Bisley Landing in Benzaiten. Some of the stations and megaships in rings also offer quite the view - like Foster Terminal in Coeus.

Don't mind the people trying to inspect you. They had a bit too much Raumkraut and are better avoided. If they tell you that they are some kind of police: edge away slowly, dock up and wait until they have moved on.
Thanks, but I will only be stopping for about a week before moving onto Sag A for the 1st time

Top Bottom