Thargoid communication ?

I can't help noticing how Thargoids glow green when being at peace, yellow when wary and red when hostile. They're basically mimicking a 21st century traffic light. So either they're putting on that light show specifically for us, which would mean they're familiar enough with us to know we can easily interpret that, or they're not that alien after all.

I can't help noticing how Thargoids glow green when being at peace, yellow when wary and red when hostile. They're basically mimicking a 21st century traffic light. So either they're putting on that light show specifically for us, which would mean they're familiar enough with us to know we can easily interpret that, or they're not that alien after all.

Most likely light (or waves with wavelength within visible frequency scale) plays big role in their communications - similar as we use radio waves - so yeah, they adapt tool they have to express what they think as they don't use radio as we do. I think they know enough to know basics about human colours.

Most likely light (or waves with wavelength within visible frequency scale) plays big role in their communications - similar as we use radio waves - so yeah, they adapt tool they have to express what they think as they don't use radio as we do. I think they know enough to know basics about human colours.

Exactly. Lest we forget, they're already aware of humans - FD confirmed that in their lore update. By extension, we can say that they've already studied our society...hence Morse code and, most likely, their use of colours.

Probably also worth noting that our own use of red/amber/green comes from nature; pretty much everywhere you look in nature, green==okay and red==danger, and amber is a colour somewhere in between. It's entirely possible that their own original habitat had similar natural displays (even though it was ammonia-based), or it was part of the Guardians' habitat if they were made artificially.

Top Bottom