Thargoid cyclops pilot ???

Destroyed Thargoid cyclops cockpit up close. There seems to be a pentagon shaped control panel. Can anyone see a Thargoid pilot? Images compressed 4x from original 13 MB XBOX images.

-AE67

Thargoid Cycops1b.jpg
Thargoid Cycops2b.jpg

Second destroyed cyclops cockpit in Visible light, IR light (night vision) and both visible+IR light. A crude spectral analysis. Pentagon control panel visible again. -AE67
Thargoid CycopsB VIS.jpg
Thargoid CycopsB IR.jpg
Thargoid CycopsB VIS-IR.jpg

You know these ships are fundamentally different than ours: they're alive. Thargoids don't fly them, they ride them. And like horses they don't need a pilot / rider to move.

If the ship is alive, we may be looking at the central nervous system or a central nerve array. The pentagon panel might be an eye. I do not know what the ED artist intended, but its consistent between two different ships.

You know these ships are fundamentally different than ours: they're alive. Thargoids don't fly them, they ride them. And like horses they don't need a pilot / rider to move.
Isn't it unknown whether Interceptors have pilots or not? We know that Goids have warriors and pilots from old lore and we also know that they've got autonomous biological drones from their surface sites. I wouldn't be surprised if Interceptors can both autonomously sent to engage targets/patrol and be manually controlled.

the thargoid pilot ejects in a magical escape pod which gets picked up no matter where it is and brought back to a station where they pay a rebuy and get their ship back....or opt for the free Thargoid Scout.

seriously though I suspect there is some kind of cockpit placeholder in case FDev decides to at some point let players fly goid ships of play as thargoids as part of some future DLC.

Last edited:
Was there not somewhere in the original Elite where it said something about Thargoid pilots having their fear glands removed? My memory is not the greatest however, or i possibly was dreaming...

o7

Was there not somewhere in the original Elite where it said something about Thargoid pilots having their fear glands removed? My memory is not the greatest however, or i possibly was dreaming...

o7

Yep! Thargoid warriors had their fear glands removed. That lore's actually referenced at some of the INRA research bases, they mention finding the vestiges of the removed glands (or something like that).

o7
for humans were told a "grow a pair" to lose fear. I guess for goids it's "lose a pair".

in Soviet Goidville fear gets YOU.

Last edited:
Top Bottom