Thargoid device not working as advertised? - possible Spoilers!

SPOILERS AHEAD regarding recent alien discoveries

I got to the accessible Thargoid structure, and after a bit of a peek at Obsidian Ant's videos I entered with the intention of activating the machine. I had the Unknown Probe and the Unknown Artefact in my SRV, but the room that is supposed to provide the third component did not display them, just squiggly patterns - similarly, in the machine room I only saw squiggly patterns not holograms to indicate the required component. Is this a bug, or am I doing something stupid (again)? :)

SPOILERS AHEAD regarding recent alien discoveries

I got to the accessible Thargoid structure, and after a bit of a peek at Obsidian Ant's videos I entered with the intention of activating the machine. I had the Unknown Probe and the Unknown Artefact in my SRV, but the room that is supposed to provide the third component did not display them, just squiggly patterns - similarly, in the machine room I only saw squiggly patterns not holograms to indicate the required component. Is this a bug, or am I doing something stupid (again)? :)

Return to ship. Re-log, try again. Fixed :)

Thanks guys, that did it - Mmmmmmm..... sparkly! :)

BTW, I didn't think to test it, but the Unknown component that you pick up inside the structure, I assume that is corrosive to SRVs and ships like the other objects?

Return to ship. Re-log, try again. Fixed :)

All good and well, unless you were like me and already put the Unknowns in the machine to find nothing spawning. Respawning puts you outside the complex.

Was extremely frustrating to get all excited for new content for it yet again to be bugged. Felt like a wasted day playing. Took quite a while to get the UA & UP and travel down there after all & figure out what I should be doing. Not in any rush to try it again now, or to be frank, future new content coming in 2.4 given the track record.

Best way to this is is in a group of wing mates. Have done it twice this way. Fun running around and helping (or hindering) each other.

Top Bottom