Thargoid in wit h head

After DW2 I was looking for something to do in my new cutter, so the trade cg carrying nearly 800 tons of cargo at a time was good timing and ranked up quickly to tycoon. Seeing I have an unfinished Xbox achievement to murder 1000 thargons (swarms), I bought and fitted out a alliance challenger and shipped it over to witch Head, I also made a cargo run of belyrium to repair the stations in my cutter.
Finding out what cargo to take is a bit of a pain, having to look through the galnet list for Ezra point, nothing is mentioned on the map. After selling my load at the market, I have no idea what if any contribution I made or if I get any reward for the long trip. Anyway now to the dreaded thargoid invasion, which can be avoided normally by not jumping into any unknown signals, which seems a very selective type of invasion. To find a swarm I drop into danger level 5 sites (cyclops) and the challenger despite being built for fighting aliens, quickly gets bashed up, I also struggle to make any hits on the swarms, using flak and flechettes, my xeno weapons are all fixed point so it is nigh on impossible to hit anything with them. Am I missing a trick, this seems awful hard. I did take out a scout marauder, got a 10,000 CR reward and a repair bill for 50,000, doesn't seem balanced somehow. Any good guides out there for swarm killing in a little ship?

Speed, heatsinks, flak launcher.

Keeping cool should mess with the Interceptor's targeting.
Get the swarm chasing you then FA-OFF reverski, makes targeting the Thargons easy.

Top Bottom