Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

This is a VIP evac, right? Does it also show passenger status for non-VIP (bulk) evacs? Because I can't recall finding anything that would give passenger legal info for bulk missions...
Yes, a VIP evac (personal transport category). However, this help frame can be accessed (via the info icon) for any mission taken from the mission board, so if a group transport mission included wanted passengers, it should also say so. (Not that I ever recall having illegal passengers in a group transport mission.)

However, this help frame can be accessed (via the info icon) for any mission taken from the mission board, so if a group transport mission included wanted passengers, it should also say so. (Not that I ever recall having illegal passengers in a group transport mission.)
I most certainly have had several group evacs with wanted passengers and I can't recall seeing anything about passenger legal status in the help/info view for these missions... Maybe I should check it out again, it's been some time since I last did them and things might've changed.

I most certainly have had several group evacs with wanted passengers and I can't recall seeing anything about passenger legal status in the help/info view for these missions... Maybe I should check it out again, it's been some time since I last did them and things might've changed.
Any mission with wanted passengers will tell you somewhere in the description that they are wanted. You will never not be informed of this somewhere.

I currently have 1002 Scythe samples from HR 2204 stored so I will dump those tonight plus whatever I get in tonight's runs.

EDIT: errr, nvm, the system just cleared while I was on-air lol.

Last edited:
Such a pain we can't set up buy orders for those. Or can we now? Not checked for a week.
We can't set up buy orders, but some fast flying can allow the owner with a full cargo ship to offload without taking a corrosive tick. The damage only ticks every 30 seconds but resets everytime you enter/exit supercruise. And with SCO, the supercruise part is super short now. The hard part is quickly landing on the rescue ship.

I don’t know if it states it anywhere, but it’s a silly/nonsensical bug(maybe, Frontier never commented if intentional or not) which appeared with the update that added the VIP evac missions and turned the bulk evacs into “semi-bulk” personal evacs with economy cabins as an option at the same time.

But it would be too sensible to stop caring about that during a mass evacuation scenario, would it?
I've seen a number of rescue missions where half-way to the rescue vessel I suddenly see the "illegal passenger" flag on the warning panel but nothing ever came of it until now. I just consider it something silly that shouldn't even happen. Now, on INDIVIDUAL guys wanting a first-class cabin, yeah, I've had that happen before, and I'll typically declined those missions - go that that legal issue fixed and I'll be happy to cart you all over the Galaxy. But this was the first time I've been shot at out of the mail slot.

No, I probably won't bother worrying about it in the future. I'll be looking a little closer as to who's in that bunch of refugees in the future, though. ;)

Apologies to @Captain-MD; HR 2204 was quite the rush today! The focus here was on setting up for Col 285 Sector US-Z b14-1 while also delivering one complete Carrier for HR 2204, during which the second was then completed very quickly. I organised a break-away delivery during the harvest, but that ought not to have come before writing some sort of notification here!

From the week 74 list, would it be appropriate to suggest adopting one of the 15% payloads for later? The non-peripheral targets all have large Scout sample orders, but for Scythe samples it would be quite fine to claim a system such as Col 285 Sector QM-B b14-2 and store the ~700 it needs, for delivery later when the peripheral progress has pushed it to 85%.

That is if you are fine to store it until then, of course! Notably you can also stack more of those payloads for additional systems, if you keep track of your totals for each system or use Frontier data to be sure. By all means say if you are covering one of those systems, that it can be marked as reserved!

As I imagine a @Cmdr Daedalus Spyke likely has noticed, Col 285 Sector US-Z b14-1 now has everything it needs!

I just logged in after a long day and was going to confirm that, yes. LLV Negotiator is now holding 4880 samples at the ready for whenever they need to drop.
Amazing work, as always. o7
Edit: Oh! "Now". The time for me to sell those samples is "now" it seems. Or at least "before thursday". I'll get it done.

Last edited:
No worries about HR 2204. I'm only able to come in for a couple hours a day due to a 40-hour work week with a 90 minute commute round trip. I don't have the ability to offload samples in a hurry so I'm just working with what I have and don't like holding the samples for too long. Right now I'm starting work on the twins of Col 285 Sector RH-B b14-4 and 5. Probably gonna do a dropoff Saturday night.

Oh! "Now". The time for me to sell those samples is "now" it seems. Or at least "before thursday". I'll get it done.

Indeed! The non-peripheral ones can be delivered immediately—or even better would be stored cargo delivered occasionally and updating the order if others also progress the system, where obviously not everyone can be around at all times for that.

Thinking about it, it is as well for non-peripheral Research cargo to end up in a hold bound for a Rescue megaship directly after being harvested, although that would need a Commander just providing that shipping service.

Right now I'm starting work on the twins of Col 285 Sector RH-B b14-4 and 5. Probably gonna do a dropoff Saturday night.

That seems fine, and perhaps favour the stronger Col 285 Sector RH-B b14-5.

That seems fine, and perhaps favour the stronger Col 285 Sector RH-B b14-5.
-- Small heads-up there/for @Captain-MD , I'm afraid I'd been busy yesterday and apparently the samples fairy snuck in while I was away - last time I'd looked I had about 40 on carrier. Not used to a bulk delivery like that with no comment by the people supplying it, will admit.
1714205001232.png

Will get delivery done ASAP.

- Delivery complete, headed back toward hadad now.

Last edited:
Goodness; we are depleting all the targets I thought I had paced to complete around the time that the peripheral progress is done! That leaves Col 285 Sector RH-B b14-4, but at this rate a delivery tonight likely would be too late.

I will take another look at what we gain by clearing more; I know at least that:
  • One more now would reduce week 79 resistance from 1 to 0, at cost of losing Col 285 Sector US-Z b14-7 and having to use HIP 30439 instead.
  • 5–6 more now would stop 1–2 Alerts later.
There may be other useful thresholds among those, though. Notably, 6 to stop 2 Alerts is an advance of 8, which closes in upon attacking the Titan a week early.

Deactivate your cargo hatch in the modules. Prevents the lost of your goods.

We were talking about hundreds of units which would destroy the cargo scoop outright, or indeed any module outright. The need to dock quickly is because you can take instant module-disabling hits to Sensors, Thrusters, Power plant and such!

Additional: The INIV procedure here is to get close to the landing, but with speed as low as possible and wait for the corrosive strike, just in case the target is Thrusters. Most other target modules are fine to lose as long as the docking request is open, noting that Shield generator (possibly via Power plant) means no boosting into the pad.

Last edited:
Im deactivate the cargo hatch/scoop at the dock before lift off. I never got any problems.

Again, we are not talking about losing a few units due to a partially-broken cargo hatch. We are talking about losing the entire ship due to fully-broken Thrusters, Power plant and such!

Deactivating the cargo does not prevent 700 corrosive items destroying the Thrusters with a single strike, which can be fatal if it happens while trying to dock quickly and failing to plan for it.

Top Bottom