Thargoid Scouts questions

1. When the scouts get that green bubble around them, what does that mean?

2. Which weapon would do the most damage to them, a 3e AX multi-cannon or a 4A normal multi-cannon?

3. Do multi-cannons strip their shields or do you need some sort of lasers?

Last edited:
Green is regenerator scouts. They ... regenerate the ... scouts.

The clue as to what does most damage to Thargoids is in the names of the weapons. 'AX' means Anti Xeno. Anti means 'against'. Xeno is short for Xenobiological. Meaning - alien lifeforms. So AX means it works well against Thargoids. HTH.

Yes, but 4A is bigger. The question is whether a 3 class Ax beats a 4 class normal?

4. Do the regenerators regenerate themselves or only other ones?

5. Why does the bubble come when they're the only one being shot?

AX3 i should imagine.
Themselves and others.
To show they are regenerating themselves/others, and that they are a regenerator (in case no xeno scanner?)

o7

Answers to your questions:
1: Healing effect by Regenerator variants.
2: 3x Large AX Multicannons. Scouts have a 77% resistance to all conventional human weapons.
3: Scouts do not have any shields.
4: No, but on rare occasions you can get two regenerators healing each other.
5: I don't really know what you mean with that.

OK, I get it now. The ones I'm shooting at that get the bubble around them are getting regenerated. I saw it happen to a Marauder, so it must have been one of the others regenerating it.

I replaced my 4A multi-cannons with 3E AX turrets. The turrets kill in about 75% of the time the 4As took. I think that's because the 4As don't land many shots on a small ship.

I went for AX-MC. When I was destroying Tharg Scouts I used my Krait Mk. II with three large gimbal AX MC on top and 2 gimbal beam lasers underneath (with thermal vent). The AX-MC did most of the work, the beams did little direct damage but are good for getting a Scout's attention at long range. Tickle a scout with a beam laser and it drops whatever it is doing (i.e.: attacking other ships) and attacks me. The thermal vent effect was useful for cooling the ship, too. After cooking off corrosive damage all I had to do was hit a scout with the beams and the ship quickly cooled to 0%.
The AX Scanner can identify which types of Tharg scouts are attacking and this allows you to hit the regenerator(s) first but they tend to hang back, the scanner takes up a useful utility slot and I really didn't care as I was in "kill-em-all" mode.
It worked out OK for me.

Is it possible to successfully kill thargoid scouts in a cobra MK3? I have it with two 1f gimballed beam lasers on the small hardpoints and 2 gimballed 2f multi cannons on the mediums. My shield generator is still 4e and my armour is lightweight alloy.

Is it possible to successfully kill thargoid scouts in a cobra MK3? I have it with two 1f gimballed beam lasers on the small hardpoints and 2 gimballed 2f multi cannons on the mediums. My shield generator is still 4e and my armour is lightweight alloy.
Yes, but it will be much more difficult than if you grab some turreted AX multicannons, a decent shield and armour tbh!
With that build nhss3-4 should be do-able, but depending on your combat skillz you might well get blown up😬
With a decent AX cobra you can take scouts np, happy hunting👍
o7

o7

Yes, but it will be much more difficult than if you grab some turreted AX multicannons, a decent shield and armour tbh!
With that build nhss3-4 should be do-able, but depending on your combat skillz you might well get blown up😬
With a decent AX cobra you can take scouts np, happy hunting👍
o7

o7
I have taken down dangerous anacondas with minimal help, and FDLs on my own, is that good enough?
Plus I'm going to upgrade my shield soon.

I have taken down dangerous anacondas with minimal help, and FDLs on my own, is that good enough?
Plus I'm going to upgrade my shield soon.
It kinda depends. You can simply out-build npc ships, as in you don't need skill to kill those if you just build your ship right. For thargoids that doesn't quite apply.
Well for scouts it does... in a way. But yeah just go try and see :)

Top Bottom