Thargoid Sensor found in crashed ship POI on 27 G. Caeli 1

I was just checking POIs on the first planet when I found a thargoid sensor just laying there next to a crashed Anaconda. There was also a broken cargo rack in the crash site, which leads me to believe the Anaconda was carrying the sensor and was shot down by thargoids or somebody else. Here's the video. This probably isn't something big, but what really bugs me is that this system doesn't have any thargoid activity at all, and if you look at it in the galaxy map, it's too far from the Coalsack and Plieades (right in the middle).
This could be explained if the system has had any past thargoid activity (and the POI is just a remnant of that time), any commanders here know of it? But seems to me there's some tinfoil hattery potential here.

"They can also be found at certain Shipwrecks, such as the crashed Anaconda on LTT 1935 6 A." is what the Elite wiki says about them. They also get transported sometimes by military convoys. 150 LYs around Merope seems to be the most common location of finding these things. It's a good find, but I am not sure it indicates anything special. Careful when picking it up though, it ll eat right through your cargohold. And maybe it's a trap, and there is a thargoid ship waiting for you to jump from the system. Fly safe, Commander!

idk about the trap because I picked up the sensor and sold it at homer hub immediately llol. And I think you're probably right, this poi is just another crashed anaconda, except really far from merope so a rare occurrence.

Alpha what system?
That's rather disappointing to hear. Unless these POIs are deliberately placed and something fishy is happening. It's not entirely unlikely I would say, considering there's a new thargoid offensive, and that galnet has never been this active in years.

Someone in the Alpha found a TS at a poi as well, so presume they can randomly spawn now
All sites that have been discovered or just checked in Odyssey Alpha phase (including that with TS) are just old-good Horizons era permanent crashed ship site POI's.

I was just checking POIs on the first planet when I found a thargoid sensor just laying there next to a crashed Anaconda. There was also a broken cargo rack in the crash site, which leads me to believe the Anaconda was carrying the sensor and was shot down by thargoids or somebody else. Here's the video. This probably isn't something big, but what really bugs me is that this system doesn't have any thargoid activity at all, and if you look at it in the galaxy map, it's too far from the Coalsack and Plieades (right in the middle).
This could be explained if the system has had any past thargoid activity (and the POI is just a remnant of that time), any commanders here know of it? But seems to me there's some tinfoil hattery potential here.
27 G. Caeli_(1) [-20,17]?
This one, I suppose -
View attachment 240858
Crash ship site POI (CS_AN_04L_TS by my classification). Good find, btw, there is the second permanent crashed site on that same body also (T9)
And yes - both sites are from the Horizons era

Those crash sites are not that rare, even those with TS. TS is supposed to be a cargo of those crashed ships - so I don't see any problems of them being found literally anywhere (including Colonia), no any "past thargoid activity" required to explain them.

o7 Cmdrs

Xbox scrub here. I was wanting to play around with the sensors and probes but having no pc don't have a program to make the images out of the sound files that are played.
Could some one suggest an app that would work for android. A few Cmdrs have suggested some but I can find them on play store.

(wasnt sure were to ask this either)

o7

o7 Cmdrs

Xbox scrub here. I was wanting to play around with the sensors and probes but having no pc don't have a program to make the images out of the sound files that are played.
Could some one suggest an app that would work for android. A few Cmdrs have suggested some but I can find them on play store.

(wasnt sure were to ask this either)

o7
pretty sure what you're asking was done back when thargoid sensors and probes were new. I don't know much about that sort of stuff either but you can make a new thread about it.

Top Bottom