Thargoid spire site poisonning missions from rescue ship are still available ?

I am looking for this information, but I don't find any of these mission on rescue ship. Do you know if is still available in game or not ?

The missions are at the megaships that the rescued passengers don't want to go to. It would be nice to do loops of rescuing passengers, then coming back to poison spires but for whatever reason the power that be have decided not to streamline the game that way.

I am returning cmdr and can you tell me more about theses missions ?
It's odyssey content and what do we need to do ? and do we obtain mats ?
Thanks

I am returning cmdr and can you tell me more about theses missions ?
It's odyssey content and what do we need to do ? and do we obtain mats ?
Thanks
There's two different missions.
The first one is to collect 3 commodity items from the spires: coral sap, impure spire mineral and semi-refined spire mineral. You find these under the mega-barnacles and on the coral trees around the spires, need an SRV to pick them up.
The reward for that mission is a contaminated spire compound. Once you have one of those you can take one of the second missions to contaminate a spire - you have to land on one of the spires, get out on foot and zap the neurons to "activate the machine" and put the contaminant in it.

There's two different missions.
The first one is to collect 3 commodity items from the spires: coral sap, impure spire mineral and semi-refined spire mineral. You find these under the mega-barnacles and on the coral trees around the spires, need an SRV to pick them up.
The reward for that mission is a contaminated spire compound. Once you have one of those you can take one of the second missions to contaminate a spire - you have to land on one of the spires, get out on foot and zap the neurons to "activate the machine" and put the contaminant in it.
How do these missions contribute to the war, do they lead to the spires shutting down?

How do these missions contribute to the war, do they lead to the spires shutting down?
Not exactly.
Any activity done in a spire system (sabotages, interceptor kills, pod rescues, etc.) used to add progress to multiple systems on the edge of the maelstrom's influence. So it was a very effective way of clearing out control systems, by pushing a bunch of them all at the same time.
The rules have changed a few times since then though so I don't think anyone's completely sure what the effects are now.

ill only add that if we consider spires to be extracting resources to supply titan, it can possibly have an effect on its toughness as well...

Top Bottom