Thargoid Titan concept idea

So with all the hints at a Thargoid Titan circulating recently i thought it would be fun to try my hand at designing a concept :)

here is what I came up with:

TITAN12.jpg

TITAN10.jpg

TITAN13.jpg

TITAN9.jpg

TITAN7.jpg
Basically it is a massive ship that can create thargoid interceptos, and will do so at regular intervals until destroyed.

each of its tentacles has thargoid interceptor weapons and can independantly target threats. allowing thisTitan to attack multiple ships at once.

the red glowing sections of the tentacles must be attacked to destroy a tentacle - the tentacles regenerate though after a certain amount of time.

i was maybe even thinking these segments can only be damaged by plasma chargers? this could allow for a bomber type role ;)

if all tentacles are destroyed the main orifice will open and remain open allowing some central core to be attacked and destroyed :p

it's just a bit of fun i thought i'd take on and i very much welcome your feedback ;)

So with all the hints at a Thargoid Titan circulating recently i thought it would be fun to try my hand at designing a concept :)

here is what I came up with:

View attachment 201810

View attachment 201811

View attachment 201814
View attachment 201812

View attachment 201813Basically it is a massive ship that can create thargoid interceptos, and will do so at regular intervals until destroyed.

each of its tentacles has thargoid interceptor weapons and can independantly target threats. allowing thisTitan to attack multiple ships at once.

the red glowing sections of the tentacles must be attacked to destroy a tentacle - the tentacles regenerate though after a certain amount of time.

i was maybe even thinking these segments can only be damaged by plasma chargers? this could allow for a bomber type role ;)

if all tentacles are destroyed the main orifice will open and remain open allowing some central core to be attacked and destroyed :p

it's just a bit of fun i thought i'd take on and i very much welcome your feedback ;)
I like it and don't like it, all at once. :)

Hey, "Little Shop of Horrors" :p

Hehe. The arms also remind me of the Triffids from the 70's tv show .. or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, monster squid!

I'm not sure if 8 x symmetry is striclty necessery given the possible sharing of two sets of chromasomes? (Though I do wonder what Dad must look like and would like to see the eight legged, hermaphrodite version).

I like the counter balancing tail flukes at the back.

Hehe. The arms also remind me of the Triffids from the 70's tv show .. or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, monster squid!

I'm not sure if 8 x symmetry is striclty necessery given the possible sharing of two sets of chromasomes? (Though I do wonder what Dad must look like and would like to see the eight legged, hermaphrodite version).

I like the counter balancing tail flukes at the back.

You assume that alien biology works like earth biology :p

Great concept art.

I'm not sure I like the Thargoid though - it's too pretty. Too much flower, not enough Lovecraft for me.

But man, great work.

Looking really pro. Can you tell how long it took to create this concept?
Really like sea monster influences, hence I'd call this flying beast a Leviathan.

Looking really pro. Can you tell how long it took to create this concept?
Really like sea monster influences, hence I'd call this flying beast a Leviathan.

It took a few hours, I started around midnight and the images were rendered out right before posting :) it's only a first draft though so I would take longer with developing the idea a bit. The main components were sculpted then retopolgized to lower poly mesh in blender - then I baked the normals and created materials in substance painter - then back to blender for rigging and rendering :)

It took longer to make the interceptors, but they were already made, you can see them here:

xol3.jpg

they are simplified but I am using them for a little side project:)

Last edited:
It reminds me of Zelda for some reason. The art direction looks a bit out of place, but it is nice work.

Katie needs bigger Thargoids to kill, I hope FDev are listening :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom