Thargoid Titans: The Indra conundrum, the shell gambit and the inactions we need to win

I saw it mentioned a few times, so let me report here:

Lyncis Sector WU-P b5-0 around Oya was a retaken spire system, and it behaved like a spire system in the Oya clearance (i.e. it increased progress alongside the other spire system, and the samples we collected never needed to be delivered).

Indeed, and thank you—it just means that purge week needs to clear some additional places to house some Spire sites and anything they are projected to attack. Around M. Indra the anomaly is Hyades Sector DX-H a11-1, which appears to be a normal Control system despite having a Spire site physically, so we have contradictory examples both ways!

HR 1358 has been tested as behaving like a Spire system though, so for the moment we presume that the Galaxy map is correct in deciding which type they are.

For the 43-system plan (and probably any others), at least some of the spire sites will not be in the outer 10. It seems that any such spire sites really should be included in the x-system shell, with the 10 ly radius around them as part of the zone that needs to get Thargy. So the outer non-spire system in the 43-system shell is a little bit closer in than HIP 20679. Arietis Sector HG-X b1-0 is not on Ian's list of directly-reachable systems, but its control range would need to be considered anyway. But I think those are a bit too far out, and going to blow out the list of systems that are going to have to be hit.

That would be another advantage of the "clear to 33 systems" plan, then - it leaves exactly five spires outside the formal periphery, so those and the Alerts they place form the 43-34 periphery instead, which neatly takes up the week "saved" by starting at 33, and then things proceed as if it had started at 43.

Indeed, and thank you—it just means that purge week needs to clear some additional places to house some Spire sites and anything they are projected to attack. Around M. Indra the anomaly is Hyades Sector DX-H a11-1, which appears to be a normal Control system despite having a Spire site physically, so we have contradictory examples both ways!

HR 1358 has been tested as behaving like a Spire system though, so for the moment we presume that the Galaxy map is correct in deciding which type they are.
Hyades Sector DX-H a11-1 definitely doesn't work, I tried that one. wanted to try some of the others this week but didn't get time.

The trouble is that its systems become ever so much stronger as we approach the Titan, and its full nine attacks every single week will be similarly stronger! Using the Spire site for the Alerts will stop working eventually when we surpass the site itself.
Great plan BTW, but, it seems the new update (incoming 28th May) will make it redundant.
07 CMDR

I presume we proceed with this Indra plan until we have confirmation on the changes impacts? Best case scenario, we immediately turn in collected materials. Worst case we continue with original plan?

Top Bottom