Thargoid War balance changes.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders,

As mentioned as part of Discovery Scanner this week, we alerted you of pending balance changes in relation to Thargoid War activity, to better reflect recent player actions and feedback.

These will be incoming as part of tomorrow's routine maintenance tick.

• Previously unpopulated systems that are now under Thargoid Control or Alert states will be easier to push back.
  • Thargoids will deprioritize expanding into unpopulated systems.

Additionally, Commanders, you will be wise to keep your eyes wide for the latest news from GalNet tomorrow...
We hear someone may be about to author us some important information...

Here's hoping you're having a great week so far.

o7

author us some important information...
1678903518609.png

Greetings Commanders,

• Thargoids will deprioritize expanding into unpopulated systems.

Does that mean they'll be prioritising moving into populated systems?
Looks like we'll have another week of blocking the bugs assault in the direction of Meene and ram tah's engineering base....
Whatever happened to that engineer who was out in the witch head?

Bill

<<currently on station with the anti-xeno fleet waiting for the megaship to arrive

I tried thinking of things we haven't tried yet, so I tried wake scanning the orthrus wake. No dice. For a moment I thought you might be able to pass THROUGH the thargoid wake, but it has a repulsive effect that makes getting into it impossible.

Here's some of my personal tinfoil based on recent player speculation.

A few days ago a memory from my early days in astronomy made an appearance. There are actually 2 stars called the eyes of the dragon, Eltanin and Rastaban. Eltanin is known as Etamin in game and is significant in several respects. It's a zenith star in southern England, that is to say that it passes right above once every 24 hours. It was studied by James Bradley in 1728, and allowed him to prove that Copernicus was right about the Earth orbiting the Sun. It's traveling towards Sol, will become the polestar, and pass only 28 light years away. The owning faction is coincidentally called the Etamin Blue Vision Network.

But this is not all. In front of the eyes of the dragon is something called the Summer triangle. It's composed of the three stars called Altair, Deneb, and Vega. All three stars are class A stars and known as blue stars in Elite. Deneb is called Alpha Cygni in game. Looking from Earth one would also find the North America and Pelican Nebulae behind Deneb.

I've done some digging and haven't turned anything up yet, but maybe there is something to this tinfoil and someone else gets luckier than me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom