Thatched roof like the ingame barn

There's an in-game barn that has a lovely thatched roof.
I am completely unable to re-create the barn that Frontier has already made - I simply cannot find the thatched roof parts.

Anyone can help?
latest

Is that made as a single model? I haven't played in a while tbh. If so I assume the thatch roof piece doesn't exist. If it does then it will be in the UI. I would suggest using search and just type thatch in to see what is there.

Nope, it is one piece of scenery. So the roof isn't in the game!

Ah, no not likely then. I would suggest making a suggestion topic with this in. There certainly is thatch roof in the game but I don't believe its the same type from what I have seen.

Ah, no not likely then. I would suggest making a suggestion topic with this in. There certainly is thatch roof in the game but I don't believe its the same type from what I have seen.

No, the tatched roof pieces are a little... hmmmm... limited, I guess. You don't have the corner pieces like the other roofs and the free movable thatch roof piece is really hard to use if it never alligns to the rest of the roof. Besides that, the thatch roof pieces are all perfect, to perfect it seems. The roof on the OP image has a nice wild roof, but the in game pieces are all super straight and perfect. Silvarret and The-Lady-Signer actually mentioned this on the second episode of their collab series. They opted a eve piece which could give a thatch roof a bit more of a rough look.

If you stack three or more of these huts like a pyramid (lining up the sloping surfaces to look like one) might it be possible to maybe hide having mushed them together, with building / walls below?

UMM... it is true..... Ive used the back of wooden cheif beef signs as a roof before... so yeah its possible.

Yeah but it doesn't always work, the items don't always fit and it's not the solution to the issue though. That is what I meant by not being true.

I did it with haystacks, since that's the only thing there is, but it looks awful. It's an item that's supposed to be on the ground, and using it as a roof looks utterly ridiculous :(

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I've used to wooden things as well, but the hay-parts are unavailable. There's a small hay stack, and it looks utterly ridiculous when you try to use it on the roof. It's not a pretty sight :p

Top Bottom