The ability to adjust lighting intesity

One thing that I dont think has been mentioned and I could be wrong is the suggested ability to be able to adjust the intensity of each placed light source. I know it suggests the power of the light source in the description but if it would be possible to include something like a 'slide bar option' for example to allow the player to choose just how bright the light should can be would be of great benefit to us.

Any input on this?

with the lighting we have i'd rather see one item, with a colour and intesity selector.

Path lighting at the minute is very dim, which i like but i know a lot of others don't.

Hi Lurker,

I agree with you on the path lighting. The lights should automatically dim as the night progresses or when fireworks are set to go off (if we get them). But in areas where we want the added intensity or lack thereof, for example in a spooky theme of sorts, the ability to manually adjust the lighting or as you said adjust the color which would be awesome BTW, would enhance the overall control of the mechanics of the park.

One thing that I dont think has been mentioned and I could be wrong is the suggested ability to be able to adjust the intensity of each placed light source. I know it suggests the power of the light source in the description but if it would be possible to include something like a 'slide bar option' for example to allow the player to choose just how bright the light should can be would be of great benefit to us.

Any input on this?
This has come up several times in the past. People have suggested having sliders for throw distance, brightness, and radius as well as a color picker. Instead of having 8+ copies of the same spotlight, for example, it could be condensed down to 1 with many customization options.

Still a good idea worth investigation!

A little trick I found is when you place spotlights directly on top of each other, it increases the intensity of the light. But yes, I would love to see lighting intensity for each item, to avoid this workaround which will reduce performance.

Interesting trick SymphonyX. One thing that I also would like to see is the addition of floodlights which would illuminate the environment underwater... GOSH I have never been so eager to see water in a video game until now... I hope isn't murky looking.

Aye with regards to what has been noted before these are the base thoughts.

A single instance of each light in the UI with a properties pane available when the light is selected.

1. RGB-Colour setting (although the palette similar to the coaster would be fine too)
  2. Luminosity-setting with slider to adjust the light from very dull to eye popping neon bright
  3. Lens angle - to make a real small or wide beam. Again a slider would work here
  4. It would also be awesome if the head of the light had a node so we could rotate the spot light without moving the bracket that is fixed to the wall but that is a lot more work than just rotating the whole object

I feel that with the fact that we are getting re-colour-able walls that this may soon be a possibility in the future.

As to #1 the RGB, I am fine with the palette, but I wish it was larger (maybe 3x or 4x larger) because for me it is very hard to see the individual color chips. I imagine that it might be hard to see for others also.

Last edited:
As to #1 the RGB, I am fine with the palette, but I wish it was larger (maybe 3x or 4x larger) because for me it is very hard to see the individual color chips. I imagine that it might be hard to see for others also.

It isn't the easiest to see at 4k in honesty but also not end of the world at moment. I would like twice the colours though so 2x as large visually too would be fine for myself.

May I add that at present the setting up of lights is far too tedious an operation.

It would be great to have a "click to direct beam" type feature, in addition to the rotating x, y, z axis for spotlights.
Basically, so you could click where you want the light to point rather than rotating it manually.

e.g. 1. Place spotlight on surface
2. Click to direct beam of spotlight to focus on what you are trying to light
3. Various options on colour, brightness, radius etc

At present the setting up and lighting up of various areas is taking up so much time, it is rewarding to see an area properly lit up, but I am concerned that it is potentially slowing down game-play.
It would be good to have the feature present but the implementation easier to accomplish.

Aye that is a good point, a center line could be shown from the light and once you place you can click where the node at the end of line is pointing and then once that is done you select the other options on the sliders.

Regards,

Adam

Last edited:
Aye that is a good point, a center line could be shown from the light and once you place you can click where the node at the end of line is pointing and then once that is done you select the other options on the sliders.

Regards,

Adam

That's exactly what I had in mind. Almost like a target for where you want the light to illuminate.

Sliders for everything else would be fine, particularly if you could duplicate a light with it's existing settings.

That being said, if the radius of the light beam, intensity, colour, is able to be adjusted it will reduce the number of spot lights that will be required.

I'm finding that I need huge banks of carefully placed spotlights to illuminate a building in the way that I want.

That's exactly what I had in mind. Almost like a target for where you want the light to illuminate.

Sliders for everything else would be fine, particularly if you could duplicate a light with it's existing settings.

That being said, if the radius of the light beam, intensity, colour, is able to be adjusted it will reduce the number of spot lights that will be required.

I'm finding that I need huge banks of carefully placed spotlights to illuminate a building in the way that I want.

Exactly, was good to see the colour pallet for lights although still limited to 85 colours or whatever it is.

Regards,

Adam

85 is sufficient for anybody. Brightness controls, combined with that amount of shades would be fantastic to what we have had so far.

Point to aim would be the icing on the cake!

Although with copy & paste of groups of items coming, it should be easy to create a stock of various lighting units, which can be CTRL D'd into place ready orientated.

Top Bottom