Ships The Anaconda. Lets Appreciate it some more.

There's nothing to not love about the Anaconda, that's for sure. But I gotta say, I love the Cutter more, because of the straight-line speed (maneuverability is fixed by adding Dirty Drives... which also improves the straight-line speed!), additional cargo space, epic shielding, and because it's Gutamaya.

For a neutral pilot or a filthy, dirty federal pilot, Anaconda is hard to beat.

<3 Annie love. I sold mine just before 2.1 to get a Cutter and ended up regretting it, so now I'm back with my baby. Thought I'd share this screenshot - managed to snap 3 of them all docked at a station. That's mine on the right...

(not sure why the yellow one isn't on the middle of the pad :D)

tf6IeAU.png

Loved my conda, but the Corv made such a nice investment for mining and short range trades, especially for 2k+/t adv medicines. Could buy another conda, but working to really set it up right for long range trade.

Just got my first Annie (Tradeconda) over the weekend also... My addition to your list ...

I like how the comms chatter over the PA has an echo 'cause i'm on a very spacious bridge of a massive ship.
I don't like that i've paid a bucket load for a ship.... that still has loose wires hangin' from the bridge ceiling panels...    ...
I don't like that my mine launchers can't launch the mines far enough not to blast my own ship...

I love my mission/do it all anaconda.

Packs a punch and can take one too, carry near 200 tons of stuff and still jumps 30-26 lyr.

On top of all this the boost sounds awesome and I can go to 330 m/s with it.

Only downside : no luxury cockpit with glass roof and hidden cables :(

edit : I really think FD should introduce luxury cockpits for some ships like the Anaconda and the ASP.

Last edited:
I recently bought a conda and I have to admit the SC agility is so terrible compared to any other ship I've owned that I'm really questioning whether I'll keep using it. Awful pitch rate. How are people saying it has great pitch rate?

It does earn good money doing Sothis hauling though, if you can get past the fact that it handles like a wet sponge.

I recently bought a conda and I have to admit the SC agility is so terrible compared to any other ship I've owned that I'm really questioning whether I'll keep using it. Awful pitch rate. How are people saying it has great pitch rate?

It does earn good money doing Sothis hauling though, if you can get past the fact that it handles like a wet sponge.

Agility in super cruise is not needed imo so thats a non issue for many people.

I aim at the planet or station im heading to in a straight line and if i get interdicted i submit. kill or jump either is hassle free.

That said ive had no problems whatsoever fuel scooping around a star while "in the blue"

The conda to me is like a big whale. Slow. Deliberate. And does not give a flying        about the smaller fish :D

Anaconda atm is great, for a bounch of things, but if you want to pvp, you need to do a lot of Engineers mods.... As is good only for trading.

Hi.
My Anaconda is currently in the hangar since I got tired of losing battles. Blame it on poor combat skills or bad set up/system management.
I used to be able to kill Anacondas when interdicted by targeting subsystems such as powerplant, but after 2.1 this has become harder.
I would like to return to it, but I need some more knowledge I guess.
Currently doing missions in Empire in a Python and soon able to buy a Cutter.

Can somebody give me a hint on an Anaconda version that is suitable for missions? Also some advice on fire group management would be nice.

Thanks for the video, very useful, although he did have some help from the police but they are not always available unfortunately.

In case it's not obvious, it was me flying in that video. The police ships hardly did anything - yes they provided a little harassment, but it was my 6x multi cannon which did the job. If the police hadn't arrived it still would have ended with me taking him out, he'd lost almost all of his shields by the time they jumped in. You should be dropping NPC FdL's with ease if you're A rated. Due to the use of dumb fire rockets, I'd suggest you go for two point defence turrets and the rest A rated SB's. You should have ample power if you're all A rated.

The key thing is to manage your pips efficiently, use your lateral thrusters and keep your throttle in the blue zone. Flight Assist off isn't necessary.

after spending a few nights with her ive decided to name her Eliza after my own girlfriend.

Im finding many more things i love about her.

Today it was the fact that at the community goal i was interdicted by a player in an FDL. Old reflexes and feelings of panic kicked in as i submitted and started flipping through the menu to lock onto a system to hi wake. as i was doing this the ship computer was blaring the usuall..warning under attack.A few sparks and flames from those thermals too were audible. Once i had the system locked i returned my attention to the dashboard..id remembered to put all pips to shields before menu surfing.."good" i thought...how are the shields?...the shields are...fine.they are fine. maybe half a ring at best..actually..im fine i relaxed a bit. Lets check the modules..95% guess ill pop a heat sink. ..done. looking ok....hmmm. i didnt have this luxury before in the python, i mean i could hi wake when i didnt want to fight-usually or think pretty quick what i needed to do..fight or flight basically.but never with this much...time?...should i type something before i leave? maybe ask why hes doing this? get to know him maybe?

It was a great feeling.

I hi waked out with a huge grin and just as the counter hit 0 typed:

"not today champ"

I like to imagine he was rather annoyed by that. :D

Last edited:
Hi.
My Anaconda is currently in the hangar since I got tired of losing battles. Blame it on poor combat skills or bad set up/system management.
I used to be able to kill Anacondas when interdicted by targeting subsystems such as powerplant, but after 2.1 this has become harder.
I would like to return to it, but I need some more knowledge I guess.
Currently doing missions in Empire in a Python and soon able to buy a Cutter.

Can somebody give me a hint on an Anaconda version that is suitable for missions? Also some advice on fire group management would be nice.

https://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda...4020h4k050505370404v4032f2i.Iw18ZlA=.Aw18ZlA=

Don't go around trading blows with dangerous Condas or FDL's until you get comfortable.

I finally purchased my anaconda last night. Wow, what a ship!
I've decided for the time being to name her the Annie Frank (too soon? poor taste? Idk, but my girlfriend looks like Anne Frank, so...)
I really like looking out over the deck of the ship. Not sitting in the front like everything else I've flown really makes it feel like a proper ship, not just a boat. I love the bridge echo too, as mentioned above.
One thing I was a little bit disappointed with though (after getting hyped up from the forums) was the boost noise. It was okay, but I cranked my TV volume way up to hear it the first time and wasn't overly impressed. "oh, that's okay I guess".
Still, I love the ship. Haven't used it for much yet, as I had enough to start outfitting but not finished as I neared the rebuy-in-savings limit.

I finally purchased my anaconda last night. Wow, what a ship!
I've decided for the time being to name her the Annie Frank (too soon? poor taste? Idk, but my girlfriend looks like Anne Frank, so...)
I really like looking out over the deck of the ship. Not sitting in the front like everything else I've flown really makes it feel like a proper ship, not just a boat. I love the bridge echo too, as mentioned above.
One thing I was a little bit disappointed with though (after getting hyped up from the forums) was the boost noise. It was okay, but I cranked my TV volume way up to hear it the first time and wasn't overly impressed. "oh, that's okay I guess".
Still, I love the ship. Haven't used it for much yet, as I had enough to start outfitting but not finished as I neared the rebuy-in-savings limit.

I actually like the boost noise because it sounds so different from all the other boost sounds. It sounds like it needs to different to move that big ass!

After playing for 8 months, finally decided to see what all the hype is about. It's a grand ship, although i currently have it outfitted for trading. I see it serving me well for whatever I need it for- though it is a little tricky exiting the slot on stations....

After playing for 8 months, finally decided to see what all the hype is about. It's a grand ship, although i currently have it outfitted for trading. I see it serving me well for whatever I need it for- though it is a little tricky exiting the slot on stations....

There is a little trick when entering/exiting stations with the Conda (or an others ship). Just fly in the direction of the mail slot with medium speed. The ship will automatically adjust itself when close to the slot so it doesn't bounce at the edges. Just don't fly through the slot manually, let the ship do it's auto correction work.

I lost a few condas with the 2.1 drop but changing my style of play (much the same as Lobstris did) allows me back in the conda and now beginning to kick ass. Bring your baby out to play they can handle it.

Top Bottom